More problems for Mitt

Below is an article from the Chicago Trib. A factory in Illinois owned by Bain is set to close and all the workers will lose their jobs as Bain is moving the factory to China! What is ever more insulting is Bain shipped Chinese workers in and had the American employees train them how to run the equipment! That is absolutely repugnant. This has to stop, we want people off the Government dole yet companies like Bain continue to put more people on the Government dole when they ship their jobs away because they want more profit out of the company! Reason I say more problems for Mitt is because he is heavily invested in Bain and stands to make a good amount of money off this. The workers at the factory have reached out to Mitt for some help....two republican politicians have reached out to Bain and implored them to keep the factory here.

Further more this has to stop in this country. I read an article over the weekend JC Penny in a cost cutting move is eliminating all of its clerks and going to all self checkouts. Where the heck are people suppose to work in this country??? Constantly jobs are being outsourced or eliminated to beef up profits for CEO's and shareholders!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-workers-at-doomed-bainowned-factory-appeal-to-romney-20120723,0,250857.story

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is an article from the Chicago Trib. A factory in Illinois owned by Bain is set to close and all the workers will lose their jobs as Bain is moving the factory to China! What is ever more insulting is Bain shipped Chinese workers in and had the American employees train them how to run the equipment! That is absolutely repugnant. This has to stop, we want people off the Government dole yet companies like Bain continue to put more people on the Government dole when they ship their jobs away because they want more profit out of the company! Reason I say more problems for Mitt is because he is heavily invested in Bain and stands to make a good amount of money off this. The workers at the factory have reached out to Mitt for some help....two republican politicians have reached out to Bain and implored them to keep the factory here.

Further more this has to stop in this country. I read an article over the weekend JC Penny in a cost cutting move is eliminating all of its clerks and going to all self checkouts. Where the heck are people suppose to work in this country??? Constantly jobs are being outsourced or eliminated to beef up profits for CEO's and shareholders!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-workers-at-doomed-bainowned-factory-appeal-to-romney-20120723,0,250857.story

Just to be clear: you think Romney should take responsibility for something that's not his responsibility because of a job he had 14 years ago? And there's a sale at Penney's?

Just to be clear: you think Romney should take responsibility for something that's not his responsibility because of a job he had 14 years ago? And there's a sale at Penney's?

As a major investor in Sensata, Romney could gain from an outsourcing move that is likely to cut costs and increase the company's presence in emerging markets.

Romney owns at least $7.8 million in eight Bain funds that collectively hold 51 percent of Sensata's shares, according to a disclosure report he released in June.

When you are running for President of the United States at a time of high unemployment and a company that you are a major shareholder in is outsourcing jobs that doesn't bode to well with the American People when you are going around the country telling everyone you can fix the economy and put people back to work.

As a major investor in Sensata, Romney could gain from an outsourcing move that is likely to cut costs and increase the company's presence in emerging markets.

Romney owns at least $7.8 million in eight Bain funds that collectively hold 51 percent of Sensata's shares, according to a disclosure report he released in June.

When you are running for President of the United States at a time of high unemployment and a company that you are a major shareholder in is outsourcing jobs that doesn't bode to well with the American People when you are going around the country telling everyone you can fix the economy and put people back to work.

I'm pretty sure that, if you do the math, that gives Romney an exceptionally small share of the company, from which he's twice removed (Bain's managers, and the BLIND TRUST Romney's investments are in.)

Note the emphasis on "blind trust". Wonder what that means. Let it rattle around, lonely and desperate, in your silly little head for a while, before you completely discard the fact that Romney has no control over any of his investments, being as they are in a blind trust, and that using political influence on the managers of a private equity fund and a private company to influence business decisions is, at best, very unethical.

Mitt's father also once fired a black employee back in the late 50's when he ran American Motors. Mitt Romney is just a racist jobkiller from a family of racist jobkillers.

He must be stopped. It's the right thing to do.

Edited by Koko78

I'm pretty sure that, if you do the math, that gives Romney an exceptionally small share of the company, from which he's twice removed (Bain's managers, and the BLIND TRUST Romney's investments are in.)

Note the emphasis on "blind trust". Wonder what that means. Let it rattle around, lonely and desperate, in your silly little head for a while, before you completely discard the fact that Romney has no control over any of his investments, being as they are in a blind trust, and that using political influence on the managers of a private equity fund and a private company to influence business decisions is, at best, very unethical.

Oh please Tom! Lobbyist work the halls of Congress daily on behalf of companies! So now its unethical for a large numbers of AMERICANS reaching out to a politician for some help with the hope of keeping their jobs!

Edited by tomato can

Mitt's father also once fired a black employee back in the late 50's when he ran American Motors. Mitt Romney is just a racist jobkiller from a family of racist jobkillers.

He must be stopped. It's the right thing to do.

Silly goose... Mormons believed black people were the devil and were cursed until 1978 (Mitt was 31)!

Wouldn't you fire Beelzebub!

Wow, this reminds me of being livid at discovering Apple outsources their component manufacturing to China's Foxconn. Never mind how important the lowered cost and Asian supply chain access is to Apple's business. It just ain't right. I admit they had me fooled at first using an American sounding name like "Foxconn" (more like manipulative skunks), but right after finding out I spent the next day firing off dozens Emails to protectionist minded congressman demanding they put an end to this sh#t! :censored:

Oh please Tom! Lobbyist work the halls of Congress daily on behalf of companies! So now its unethical for a large numbers of AMERICANS reaching out to a politician for some help with the hope of keeping their jobs!

First, they're not the same thing. No one lobbies a Congressman to intervene in a specific company's business as executive-management-twice-removed.

Second...don't spout lobbyists as an example to someone who generally thinks the lobbyists are unethical to begin with. :rolleyes:

I'd like to know how Mitt got a $100 million into an IRA, that must be some pretty fancy financial maneuvering to pull that off.

I would too! But the average American won't give a fart about that. Mitt seems to me a double edged sword, his ambition is obvious. He really reminds me of Nixon a lot. That said, Nixon did a lot of great things, to go along with the shame he brought to the office, but still, Nixon did some great things. Maybe Mitt pulls off the good without the bad, I don't know, no one does

It takes a special kind of stupid to come up with this drivel :lol:

It rather illustrative, when you see a major newspaper invent a "scandal" out of nothing.

Gee, I can't imagine why the Romney camp doesn't want to release additional tax forms for these fools to plow through, and then claim "X" is really "Y"

lol

Wow, this reminds me of being livid at discovering Apple outsources their component manufacturing to China's Foxconn. Never mind how important the lowered cost and Asian supply chain access is to Apple's business. It just ain't right. I admit they had me fooled at first using an American sounding name like "Foxconn" (more like manipulative skunks), but right after finding out I spent the next day firing off dozens Emails to protectionist minded congressman demanding they put an end to this sh#t! :censored:

You are right this has to stop! Then Bain has the nerve to ship in Chinese workers and tell the people train them how to take your job! WOW!

I'd like to know how Mitt got a $100 million into an IRA, that must be some pretty fancy financial maneuvering to pull that off.

I find it hard to believe he would have that much "stashed" in an IRA. Stupidest place to tax shelter that kind of money. Unless of course he want's to his best in contributing to the US government in five and a half years.

I would too! But the average American won't give a fart about that. Mitt seems to me a double edged sword, his ambition is obvious. He really reminds me of Nixon a lot. That said, Nixon did a lot of great things, to go along with the shame he brought to the office, but still, Nixon did some great things. Maybe Mitt pulls off the good without the bad, I don't know, no one does

Rolled over a 401(k).

Seriosuly...I hadn't heard of that until now. That's interesting...best speculation I've heard is that he contributed shares of companies Bain bought, but at far below nominal value (which was cheap to begin with).

Probably not even illegal over the time period in question. Certainly would be unethical, though.