More problems for Mitt

Funny ain't it. I was having dinner the other night with a guy I used to have respect for. And the subject of Bain and shipping jobs overseas came up. He tried explaining to me how Romney's responsibility as a business man was acting in the financial interests of the company, and to his country by obeying the laws. Whereas "President Mitt" (as he's already calling him) will have the opportunity to make it more attractive for companies to stay and do business here, by passing legislation easing regulatory burden, letting the free market determine labor costs and just generally getting the government "out of the corporate board room" (again in his words.) It was when he started saying that kind of stupid sh#t that I went from "respecting him" to "at one time having had respect for him."

I totally understand how you feel. Its amazing how people believe all that garbage! These business men big and small are so wealthy and they want more. Yet they cry all day about taxes and big Government giving all these hand outs to the masses. Well if you ship all the jobs overseas and the people have no job what are we suppose to do?

Edited by tomato can

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of CEO's in the 50's did not life like us and second you're very good at answering a question with the same question that was offered to you. Come on, why in your tiny mind should rich people be required to compromise their lifestyle at retirement?

The government could take away 4/5 of Romeny's wealth and it wouldn't compromise the guys lifestyle at all, he has that much money

You don't think the stratification of wealth has massively increased in the last few decades?

And I like my cough syrup, thank you

Of course it has just as the pressure for CEO's to perform has gone through the roof.

BTW what do you think about Mariah Carey getting $18 mill a year for a couple of hours a week on a TV show?

This is the most retarded thread I've seen in some time. I tried to think of an analogy for a reductio ad absurdum, but we're already at absurdum. I don't know what's worse: blaming a guy for something he has no control over or the great pride some have shown in their economic ignorance. It's usually not wise to have unchecked outrage on a topic you have very little understanding of. A few of you should look up the term "comparative advantage" and read it slowly & repeatedly.

The government could take away 4/5 of Romeny's wealth and it wouldn't compromise the guys lifestyle at all, he has that much money

So you're suggesting the government take away 80% of Romney's wealth? Is that your whole point here that if he has amassed a fortune bigger than he needs the government should take away what he doesn't need? If that's not your point what the hell is your point?

You're absolutely right man. There has to be a limit to business men behaving rationally. Never mind how not doing so would render so many American companies irrelevant in the global economy, killing off even more jobs here at home while driving up consumer prices. This is America dammit, we're not a dumping ground for c#*&k's. :censored:

I honestly thought this was sarcasm until I saw your other posts in this thread.

Of course it has just as the pressure for CEO's to perform has gone through the roof.

BTW what do you think about Mariah Carey getting $18 mill a year for a couple of hours a week on a TV show?

Poor CEO's

Mariah? Well, I didn't know about it. But if she had to fork over half of it for taxes I'm sure her lifestyl would be changed.

Come on Jim! Elliot Spitzer pointed out on a talk show that CEO pay to worker pay back in the 60's was like 40 or 50 to 1. Today its like 600-1! The CEO's have performed at one thing! Shipping the jobs overseas for cheap labor to get huge profits! So many companies have sent jobs overseas that were no where near failing!

Edited by tomato can

You don't think the stratification of wealth has massively increased in the last few decades?

And I like my cough syrup, thank you

It's one thing to ask a person who is making massive amounts of money to contribute more rather than less. However, it's something else completely to pull the wealthy right down into the middle class. Like it or not, rich and poor is just the way the world works.

Do I feel like the rich have stacked the deck? Yes

But I don't have any delusions that they were just like the rest of us in some nostalgic bygone era where everyone was happy.

If you took the risk and started a business that was successful you don't have to live like the rest of us. If you want to live like them, start your own business.

This is the most retarded thread I've seen in some time. I tried to think of an analogy for a reductio ad absurdum, but we're already at absurdum. I don't know what's worse: blaming a guy for something he has no control over or the great pride some have shown in their economic ignorance. It's usually not wise to have unchecked outrage on a topic you have very little understanding of. A few of you should look up the term "comparative advantage" and read it slowly & repeatedly.

Never seems to stop you :devil:

So you're suggesting the government take away 80% of Romney's wealth? Is that your whole point here that if he has amassed a fortune bigger than he needs the government should take away what he doesn't need? If that's not your point what the hell is your point?

I'm just saying, if they did take away 80%, he probably wouldn't have to live very differently. He has that much money. What would he have to do without if the government took it away? What would it hurt him?

Come on Jim! Elliot Spitzer pointed out on a talk show that CEO pay to worker pay back in the 60's was like 40 or 50 to 1. Today its like 600-1! The CEO's have performed at one thing! Shipping the jobs overseas for cheap labor to get huge profits! So many companies have sent jobs overseas that were no where near failing!

Really, so CEO's only ship jobs overseas? Really??

It's one thing to ask a person who is making massive amounts of money to contribute more rather than less. However, it's something else completely to pull the wealthy right down into the middle class. Like it or not, rich and poor is just the way the world works.

Do I feel like the rich have stacked the deck? Yes

But I don't have any delusions that they were just like the rest of us in some nostalgic bygone era where everyone was happy.

If you took the risk and started a business that was successful you don't have to live like the rest of us. If you want to live like them, start your own business.

Never seems to stop you :devil:

Ok, you got me, I wouldnt pull the poor dears down to our rotten level, but a lot closer. Gees, they literally have so much money they have no idea what to do with I all.

What was the worker:CEO ratio then & now? And does the worker salary used for this comparison include outsourced workers? Without this information that statistic means little.

Poor CEO's

Mariah? Well, I didn't know about it. But if she had to fork over half of it for taxes I'm sure her lifestyl would be changed.

OK, you have to be a troll. We can take away 4/5 of one rich person's wealth and that would have to affect on their lifestyle, but take away only half of another person's wealth and they would have to change their lifestyle?

I'm just saying, if they did take away 80%, he probably wouldn't have to live very differently. He has that much money. What would he have to do without if the government took it away? What would it hurt him?

So 80% of his money is just sitting there collecting dust. It's not contributing anything to his lifestyle? Would you be cool with the charities and church that he contributes to getting 80% less money. Let me ask you. If the government took 80% of our money away would your lifestyle change?

I totally understand how you feel. Its amazing how people believe all that garbage! These business men big and small are so wealthy and they want more. Yet they cry all day about taxes and big Government giving all these hand outs to the masses. Well if you ship all the jobs overseas and the people have no job what are we suppose to do?

Yeah this guy probably has more money than I do but still expected me to pay for my own dinner.

OK, you have to be a troll. We can take away 4/5 of one rich person's wealth and that would have to affect on their lifestyle, but take away only half of another person's wealth and they would have to change their lifestyle?

I was wondering what he meant by the Mariah Carey point. I couldn't quite figure it out.

I know they have a lot on their plates! What I am saying is they sure have performed well at shipping jobs overseas!

So when you say they I assume you're referring to all CEO's.

Back in the 1990's the big Conservative idea was to let the Churches do more to take care of everyone. While here would be more misery, at least we would be more spiritual!

Ok, you got me, I wouldnt pull the poor dears down to our rotten level, but a lot closer. Gees, they literally have so much money they have no idea what to do with I all.

I hear most of them stuff it in mattresses and treasure rooms. If only they'd invest it in companies it could help to grow the economy. Greedy bastards.