More problems for Mitt

To the Good People of Freeport, IlL:

Did you hear what WordTraveller has to say?

Signed,

Mitt Romney

Freeport, Lincoln and Douglas debated there! That produced the Freeport Doctrine!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people of the mayo mental health clinic,

I need more meds!

Signed,

Eric. ( I think)

Come on. Now you are using first names that I never personally gave you. Not that I mind. It just shows that I can get your head. I didn't make any personal attacks... Outside the !@#$ing Teabagger crack... And that ain't personal. I must be touching a nerve with you righties.

You really should write Mitt your justification for outsourcing... The masses will love it!

Go Mitt Go! Tell us why you can create jobs! Practice what you preach old Mitty!

What, the caymans, Swiss bank accounts, inside access because of his father, making billions n hedge funds isn't enough? Wow! Oh, he might only own 10 houses instead of 12??? Please! I can actually care less about the super wealthy "maintaing their lifestyles"

Why, you need their tax dollars to keep the government you love so much afloat. If that $100 million was in something other than an IRA you may never see "your share" of it. Be glad it's where it is.

Come on. Now you are using first names that I never personally gave you. Not that I mind. It just shows that I can get your head. I didn't make any personal attacks... Outside the !@#$ing Teabagger crack... And that ain't personal. I must be touching a nerve with you righties.

You really should write Mitt your justification for outsourcing... The masses will love it!

Go Mitt Go! Tell us why you can create jobs! Practice what you preach old Mitty!

Personal attacks? I think it's time for bed uncle Eric :lol:

Freeport, Lincoln and Douglas debated there! That produced the Freeport Doctrine!

Gateway to The Old Northwest! Freeport is about 40 miles from Galena, IL... At one time one of the tallest buildings in the world @ 7 stories (DeSoto House Hotel)... Galena's slogan:

"Galena is the city, Chicago is just the "town!"

:lol:

Personal attacks? I think it's time for bed uncle Eric :lol:

Stay classy my friend and fight fair!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Outsourcing is kinda like gravity, it's gonna happen because it is a necessary evil required for some companies to remaiN alive. Without it, many companies would shudder and would be replaced with another company set up overseas. Those who argue against it are eitIher political lemmings or extremely economically ignorant.

When off shoring started in the 1970s the reason given was we can't compete if we do not off-shore, of course who were they competing against? other economically developed countries or other American businesses- who they were not competing against were indigenous companies using their own cheap labor, off-shoring wasn't popular here but when the people protested the answer was we have to compete against the Europeans, off-shoring was also unpopular in western Europe but when the people protested the answer was we have to compete against the Americans- and the net effect only marginally lowered prices on products but mainly caused stagnation and now decline in the working mans wages, unemployment, and increased wealth disparity.

Absolutely agree! Heck these so called business men even having people believing that this is the only way these companies can remain alive! All because they are so dam greedy and want more profit!

Funny ain't it. I was having dinner the other night with a guy I used to have respect for. And the subject of Bain and shipping jobs overseas came up. He tried explaining to me how Romney's responsibility as a business man was acting in the financial interests of the company, and to his country by obeying the laws. Whereas "President Mitt" (as he's already calling him) will have the opportunity to make it more attractive for companies to stay and do business here, by passing legislation easing regulatory burden, letting the free market determine labor costs and just generally getting the government "out of the corporate board room" (again in his words.) It was when he started saying that kind of stupid sh#t that I went from "respecting him" to "at one time having had respect for him."

Because they would have to live like the rest of us

You Know, there are nations you could move to that make sure everyone is living the same way, you know, like, The Soviet Unio... Oh wait, those nations all collapsed. Because communism doesn't work.

So you are ad-MITT-ing what Bain is doing here is wrong? :thumbsup:

Please. You're just another Mitt-picker. Nothing to discuss about your commander-in-chief, so you have to find anything you could possibly imagine.

Here's a reality: people are suffering. Millions are out of work, losing their jobs, even their houses, wondering how they're going to keep from losing everything they've managed to accumulate. Precisely what does this president have to show for his 3 1/2 years? Nothing but yet ANOTHER ridiculous story about a company his competitor worked at years ago sending resources over to China.

As someone here once said; Obama's out of bullets, has already thown the gun, and now is left throwing the box the gun came in.

Millions are hurting. They've seen Obama's America and are not willing to take four more years of it because of some stupid Chicago Trib story.

But hey...keep Mitt-picking. It's definitely worth a chuckle while people suffer and Obama travels around ignoring the desperate and focusing on the only job he cares about: his own.

Gateway to The Old Northwest! Freeport is about 40 miles from Galena, IL... At one time one of the tallest buildings in the world @ 7 stories (DeSoto House Hotel)... Galena's slogan:

"Galena is the city, Chicago is just the "town!"

:lol:

Stay classy my friend and fight fair!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lol, last summer I was in Springfield and I visited New Salem, both were awesome, Lincoln's home, his law office, the court house where he delivered the house divided speech, and New Salem where he grew up. Loved it! Douglas kind of reminds me of Romney, saying anything o please the south, and Douglas ended up being hated there, as will Mitt.

You Know, there are nations you could move to that make sure everyone is living the same way, you know, like, The Soviet Unio... Oh wait, those nations all collapsed. Because communism doesn't work.

Hey, America in the 1950's made CEO's like Romney's dad live like the rest of us

Why on earth should they have to live like the rest of us?

Why not?

Hey, America in the 1950's made CEO's like Romney's dad live like the rest of us

Why not?

First of CEO's in the 50's did not life like us and second you're very good at answering a question with the same question that was offered to you. Come on, why in your tiny mind should rich people be required to compromise their lifestyle at retirement?

CEO's lived like the rest of us in the 1950's? Put down the cough syrup. ...and get yourself some help.

You don't think the stratification of wealth has massively increased in the last few decades?

And I like my cough syrup, thank you