Fitz vs. Vick

Fitz vs Vick  

108 members have voted

1. 1. If given the choice, would you take Vick over Fitz?

• Vick
    • Fitz
  2. 2. Is calling Fitz names like Fitzgarbage cool for a full grown man?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but no more annoying than calling him Fitzmagic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is a force multiplier for this team. His leadership prowess coupled with superior decision making skills make everyone around him better! This cannot be overstated!

He is a "gunslinger" who tends to throw a lot of interceptions. So his superior decision making skills are questionable.

I don't think his leadership or toughness can be questioned.

As for the bolded, yes it can because you did ;)

Who would I rather have playing for the Bills? Def Fitz. I am not saying he is a better player. He might be better then Vick not sure kinda comparing apples to oranges I think. Vick is good for fantasy football but not for winning games I think.

But the question doesn't say who is a better football player it says who would you rather have. I love football and it has become an obsession for me. I love the Bills!... with that said it's a game... and the players represent the team and the city. I would never want Vick representing us even if it meant we have a SB, because of the dog killings. With that said I am a avid dog lover. My two dogs are my children. I love them more then even football. They are also Bills fans too. I can prove it... see attached pics of them one with his Bills jersey on! Go Bills!!!!!!!!!

post-8422-020466200 1342535561_thumb.jpgpost-8422-045349900 1342535556_thumb.jpg

Edited by 95altima12

Exactly! Awful lot of similarities in their stats.

career vick

56% completion

17,912 yards

161.4 yards/game

111 tds

72 ints

rate 80.9

rushing stats

yards 5219

yards/game 47

33 tds

career Fitz

59.2% completion

10,936 yards

188.6 yards/game

68 tds

65 ints

rate 75.0

rushing( :lol: )

yards 993

yards/game 17.1

tds 5

Fitz, although he got a great wonderlic score, is not a great decision maker with the ball. His td/int ratio is nearly 1:1, he doesn't have the elusiveness that vick has, and his completion % is not that much higher. Fitz gets an awful lot of benefit of the doubt for a not very long (or good) track record.

Vick is a tool and has peaked. Fitz is easy to pull for and is still improving.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

career vick

56% completion

17,912 yards

161.4 yards/game

111 tds

72 ints

rate 80.9

rushing stats

yards 5219

yards/game 47

33 tds

career Fitz

59.2% completion

10,936 yards

188.6 yards/game

68 tds

65 ints

rate 75.0

yards 993

yards/game 17.1

tds 5

Fitz, although he got a great wonderlic score, is not a great decision maker with the ball. His td/int ratio is nearly 1:1, he doesn't have the elusiveness that vick has, and his completion % is not that much higher. Fitz gets an awful lot of benefit of the doubt for a not very long (or good) track record.

I wonder (no pun intended) what Vick's Wonderlick Score was? Anyone know?

career vick

56% completion

17,912 yards

161.4 yards/game

111 tds

72 ints

rate 80.9

rushing stats

yards 5219

yards/game 47

33 tds

career Fitz

59.2% completion

10,936 yards

188.6 yards/game

68 tds

65 ints

rate 75.0

yards 993

yards/game 17.1

tds 5

Not to mention Vick wins, he is 52-37-1 as a starter and Fitz is 17-31-1, this is not a close debate.

Saying Fitz is better for this team is silly too. It can almost be said Gailey's best job with a QB was with Kordell Stewert, and he won, Vick would benefit this team in a massive way if he were here. Fitz is a proven loser when it comes to playing football in the NFL.

Better athlete yes, better player, by what standard? Ability to run a complicated offense, and lead a team? No.

I've heard more than a few folks observe that Vick has been solved by NFL defenses - he can't throw worth a damn if you pressure him from his left.

For this coach and team, I honestly believe Fitz is more help. This is a long way from saying he's great - if his accuracy doesn't improve this year, the Bills will (and should) be looking for a new QB next year - I just think Vick's not all that great either, and a poor fit on a team that ultimately wants to lead with a strong running game and defense.

Not to mention Vick wins, he is 52-37-1 as a starter and Fitz is 17-31-1, this is not a close debate.

Saying Fitz is better for this team is silly too. It can almost be said Gailey's best job with a QB was with Kordell Stewert, and he won, Vick would benefit this team in a massive way if he were here. Fitz is a proven loser when it comes to playing football in the NFL.

Anyone who starts their point by measuring a QB by wins can't call anyone else's argument "silly". Those of you in the wins = good QB brain-lock need to stick to wathcing your hero Trent Dilfer on TV and avoid typing in public. It's a team game - if you can't grasp that heaven help you making any sense at all.

Btw - did you notice Atlanta's win total went up imediately after they replaced Vick with a rookie (Ryan)?? How does your "wins" theory explain that one?

Meanwhile, Fitz' teams have won more with him than the other QB's did on the same teams.

Anyone who starts their point by measuring a QB by wins can't call anyone else's argument "silly". Those of you in the wins = good QB brain-lock need to stick to wathcing your hero Trent Dilfer on TV and avoid typing in public. It's a team game - if you can't grasp that heaven help you making any sense at all.

Btw - did you notice Atlanta's win total went up imediately after they replaced Vick with a rookie (Ryan)?? How does your "wins" theory explain that one?

Meanwhile, Fitz' teams have won more with him than the other QB's did on the same teams.

Those who bring up Dilfer are silly, dude is a less than .500 QB for his career if you take out that ONE FREAKING SEASON WITH THE RAVENS, AND HE NEVER PLAYED FOR THEM AGAIN BECAUSE THEY KNEW TO COMPETE FOR THE SUPER BOWL AGAIN THEY NEEDED A BETTER QB!!!!!

People who bring up Dilfer lose their own arguement since he never played for them again.

Vick was not replaced by Ryan, nice try though, so the wins theory is actually a winner. Besides the fact that RYAN IS A GOOD QB!!!

WInning QBs are usually decent QBs with decent stats, that is the case most all of the time.

Edited by paintmyhouse

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wonder (no pun intended) what Vick's Wonderlick Score was? Anyone know?

Vick got a 20. Not dumb by any measure but not prolific.

while I will agree that win loss records are not end all be all in the qb argument, I believe that they do have some merit. Generally the good/great qbs show through on the win loss record and Dilfer's record was 58-55 which would indicate exactly what he was a middling qb. As for Ryan, he was the #3 pick in the draft, and has been an excellent qb so I'm not sure what your point is there. I think you are forgetting about the year gap from Vick to Ryan, as well as the fact that Ryan has had a better coach, d and rb.

Those who bring up Dilfer are silly, dude is a less than .500 QB for his career if you take out that ONE FREAKING SEASON WITH THE RAVENS, AND HE NEVER PLAYED FOR THEM AGAIN BECAUSE THEY KNEW TO COMPETE FOR THE SUPER BOWL AGAIN THEY NEEDED A BETTER QB!!!!!

People who bring up Dilfer lose their own arguement since he never played for them again.

Vick was not replaced by Ryan, nice try though, so the wins theory is actually a winner. Besides the fact that RYAN IS A GOOD QB!!!

WInning QBs are usually decent QBs with decent stats, that is the case most all of the time.

Holy over reaction, batman.

If he can't run, he's a below average QB.

Well lucky for him he can run.

I don't really get why people are saying Vick wouldn't be a good fit for this offense. Vick would be a perfect fit in this offense. We already have a great rushing game, he would make ours the best in the league. That would take pressure off of our unproven WR group and allow Gailey to gameplan for another 2 dimensional player. If Chan had a chance to coach Vick, they would be one of the deadliest coach QB combos in the league.

Vick is a better quarterback in in almost every category (i'll give fitz the edge in smarts). I'd trade fitz for Vick right now in a heartbeat.

Oh man this is FU**IN SWEET... I got you to make a whole post about me... OK who wants an autograph first... Im flattered by this AWWWW this is great *tears of joy*...

Now back on the subject at hand if anybody would really take fitzGARBAGE over Micheal Vick they really need there head examined. The only reason why they would is because there feeling some type of way still over whole dog thing but on a football level there is no contest to who is better in that department... This thread is utterly ridiculous lol check career stats and I win this argument easily...

Of course bills fans are gonna pick their QB over and opposing teams QB ask a wider audience and I put $100 on it its %95 Mike Vick over fitzGARBAGE... This poll is rigged lmao....

For people that say Matt Ryan is better how far did the ICEMAN take them in the playoffs compared to how far Vick took them with a far worst team I mean his number 1 receiver was PEERLESS PRICE LMAO remember that guy?

Once again thanks for the whole post about me their guy you really made my day... I might print out every page of this and post it on my fridge... :thumbsup:

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

your name should be paintmyhousejetsgreen

This is the longest thread I have ever started, so thanks for participating. This has turned out pretty much how I thought it would for my first question, and how I hoped it would for the second.

Vick has always been on better TEAMS than Fitz who was on two teams in turmoil, and a third that is moving from turmoil to respectability so pointing to wins and losses is a bit unfair. This is a make or break season for Fitz, if he does not have a better rating, and td to int ratio, i will be in favor of drafting, signing or trading for a QB of the future. I think he will be great this year, but who knows.

I still don't understand hate for the guy, or name calling of any sort. Saying he is a proven loser is a stretch. Calling him Fitzgarbage is asinine. The weather in buffalo is rough, the economic situation is even rougher and the attitude of the negative nancies is the roughest. The number one thing I don't miss is the negative know it alls. I am proud of our fan base for it's dedication through rough stretches, but could not be any more embarrassed than when I am out at a bar in RVA and hearing our fans call our player names. Peeps call Spiller a bum cause he cant get on the field for FJ. Luckily Every one down here likes Fitz so I dont have to listen to that non-sense.

I will end with this, Last year the Eagles easily had the better roster and they won one more game than the bills. I will take fitz every day, and twice on sunday.

while I will agree that win loss records are not end all be all in the qb argument, I believe that they do have some merit. Generally the good/great qbs show through on the win loss record and Dilfer's record was 58-55 which would indicate exactly what he was a middling qb. As for Ryan, he was the #3 pick in the draft, and has been an excellent qb so I'm not sure what your point is there. I think you are forgetting about the year gap from Vick to Ryan, as well as the fact that Ryan has had a better coach, d and rb.

20 is actually spot on average. its supposed to equate with a 100 IQ as a rough conversion.

and the second half is pretty spot on.

1342529516[/url]' post='2506163']

Better athlete yes, better player, by what standard? Ability to run a complicated offense, and lead a team? No.

By the standard that he was runner up for MVP 2 years ago. Has led his team to the playoffs multiple season. Was the first ever QB to go into Lambeau and beat the packers in the playoffs. He has a career record of 53-37-1. Is a 4 time Pro Bowl player. What exactly has Fitz ACCOMPLISHED that allows us to even have this conversation? Oh yeah, I remember. He signed with the Bills. Does fitz have a chance to be a better QB than vick in 2012? Yes. No doubt, he has a chance. Of what we KNOW right now. Vick is the better player, hands down.

1342541263[/url]' post='2506382']

Maybe this goes back to the thread where people were saying fitz is as good, if not better than Matt Ryan?