Nick names for our new offensive scheme?

T.O.

If our team is successful scoring points and I think we will be, we need some possible names for the new offense under Chan Gaily. Any ideas guys and gals? It gave me an idea. For example how about calling our new offense the "Wing It" or Buffalo Split Wingt" attack. Wide outs on both sides, backs splitting out any way you get the idea. A nice play on words and city tradition. Again lets hear some of your ideas for a nick name.

Edited by T.O.

We generally run our offense from the "Pistol" and it's not all the time. It's already been given a name and any other sets we use just aren't any different. When you make up a name for a NEW offense. You kinda need the NEW part. Nothing here is new. It's not the "No Huddle" or the "Wishbone" or the "Wildcat". It's nothing special. It's just an offense. How bout we win games and just be happy it's an offense that scores. Sorry to burn your ideas. Just saying tho.

I agree - we should just hope that Buffalo's offense can be pretty good, before we start christening it with signature names. I don't have a problem with nicknames and such - but it seems like coming up with a nickname is something you do for an exceptional squad - to remember them by, or designate them with. Such an offense - like the Rams offense with Warner, or the Bills No-Huddle, it should be unique, and should be exceptionally good. Our offense, as it's been, has not been any of that. We're just so deprived here of good football we're going crazy over the prospects of merely being in the top third of the league.

If the defense can become top 3 in the NFL and be consistent and remarkable, then it would be deserving of nicknames. And the offense - I'd say if we can get to the level of Green Bay, or New England, then we can start talking about such designations. I certainly hope we get there, but we've got a long way to go.

We generally run our offense from the "Pistol" and it's not all the time. It's already been given a name and any other sets we use just aren't any different. When you make up a name for a NEW offense. You kinda need the NEW part. Nothing here is new. It's not the "No Huddle" or the "Wishbone" or the "Wildcat". It's nothing special. It's just an offense. How bout we win games and just be happy it's an offense that scores. Sorry to burn your ideas. Just saying tho.

The passs-pass-run/pass-punt offense?

:unsure:

passonthirdandshort?

+ 1

Gailey really needs to show something on the play calling dept. this season.

All I've really seen is predictable and D coordinators aren't fooled.

:unsure:

How about "Wunweekaddatime"? Sort of has a Western New York Native American "zing" to it.

And that was in NO way meant as a knock in any way, shape, manner or form, for the screamers in the audience. It just came out that way when I typed it.