Have They Forgot ?? IT'S A GAME !!!!

Ya know , i got to give the guy his props but COME ON MAN !! Drew Brees is difinitely a great QB , but what is he trying to prove ? They have offered up the farm more than likely & he still not happy with the offer !!

Now he's playing the hold out card - again COME ON MAN !! If they don't come to an agreement & he plays under the franchise tag the poor guy will only make what a measley 9 or 10 million to play one year -- i just don't know how he will be able to survive :doh: !!

I think these guys have lost all touch with reality !! I was just talking to my son in law the other day , he is a Marine , been in Iraq 3 times , Afganistan 2 times & barely makes $40 grand a year & our beloved Pres. is trying to cut them back further yet ... Go Figure !! But here are guys that get their asses shot at & put there life on the line like police officers & fire man & they make peanuts & guys like Brees & the dude from Philly complain B/C they spend money like our gov't & then wonder why they are broke (before the end of the contract) & ask for even more :wallbash: !!

They need to send guys like Brees & others that think they are gods gift to what ever sport & send them over & get their asses shot at , or let them lay brick , or clean out septic tanks for a year & then they might appreciate their contract or the contract offer they get a little more !!

I know we as fans enable these guys , by us loving the sport we allow them to live the way they do & we sure as hell aren't going to change that any time soon !! We will still go to games B/C we love the sport & buy the jersey's & all the other things that go along with it , but it is real disheartening when these guys get ultra greedy & lose almost all touch with reality or the real world & let greed engulf everything they are .

If they would just mind their P's & Q's with these ungodly pay checks they would be able to live out their entire life very comfortable , hell any one of us would love to have one year of their pay (I'll trade them) & --- well --- some of us would make it last , others would blow through it as fast as pouring piss out of a boot (as my old man use to say)

Well there you have it my rant for the next little while , i truly hope though they let him or MAKE him sit out a year & then he might have a new found appreciation for what he has & what he has been offered to play a game , It's just getting nuts !! :wallbash: :wallbash: !!

Edited by T master

What everyone forgets is sports is entertainment. Supply and demand. Brees can provide something all our fat :censored: 's can't. Regardless of whether it is fair or not, the NFL is huge multi million (more like billion) dollar company. They wouldn't be where they are if everyone could throw on pads and launch a ball 65yds to a streaking receiver. It is unfair to our troops, and doctors etc, but its reality. Its comparing apples to oranges. The NFL would be like XFL if it put everyday people out on the field.

The revenue Brees brings into NOrleans far exceeds what he makes. He is a golden goose down there. PAY THE MAN

What everyone forgets is sports is entertainment. Supply and demand. Brees can provide something all our fat :censored: 's can't. Regardless of whether it is fair or not, the NFL is huge multi million (more like billion) dollar company. They wouldn't be where they are if everyone could throw on pads and launch a ball 65yds to a streaking receiver. It is unfair to our troops, and doctors etc, but its reality. Its comparing apples to oranges. The NFL would be like XFL if it put everyday people out on the field.

The revenue Brees brings into NOrleans far exceeds what he makes. He is a golden goose down there. PAY THE MAN

Well said. For better or worse there are only 32 men out of 7 billion who can be starting NFL quarterbacks at any given time, yet 7 billion out of 7 billion can be shot at for what they believe in. Supply and demand simply is.

It's actually not just a game to them, it's their careers. And to preface what I'm about to say, I really can't stand when a random stranger feels the need to comment on someone else's financial situation, especially regarding their careers, but I'm going to try and keep this civil and respectful;

I think perspective is missing from your rant. He's an employee looking to maximize his income while he's still capable of performing at an elite level. We all have that option, though most of us aren't sought out like Mr. Brees is.

If you're angry about how much he makes, you're angry at the wrong person. Otherwise, you're angry because he wants to secure his future and do so with the most profit possible. Either way, it smells like envy sprinkled with a hint of jealousy.

Also, thanks to your son for his service. On top of the abundant charity work Drew Brees does, I'm sure he's very grateful for the men and women who serve and protect our country.

It's actually not just a game to them, it's their careers. And to preface what I'm about to say, I really can't stand when a random stranger feels the need to comment on someone else's financial situation, especially regarding their careers, but I'm going to try and keep this civil and respectful;

I think perspective is missing from your rant. He's an employee looking to maximize his income while he's still capable of performing at an elite level. We all have that option, though most of us aren't sought out like Mr. Brees is.

If you're angry about how much he makes, you're angry at the wrong person. Otherwise, you're angry because he wants to secure his future and do so with the most profit possible. Either way, it smells like envy sprinkled with a hint of jealousy.

Also, thanks to your son for his service. On top of the abundant charity work Drew Brees does, I'm sure he's very grateful for the men and women who serve and protect our country.

Nice, something like I would have said.

I might have been half asleep but I thought I saw on ESPN last night that the Saints are offering Brees 19.5 mil a year and Bree's wants 20.5. Are these two parties really that stupid and/or stubborn that 1 million a year is that much of a sticking point?

I might have been half asleep but I thought I saw on ESPN last night that the Saints are offering Brees 19.5 mil a year and Bree's wants 20.5. Are these two parties really that stupid and/or stubborn that 1 million a year is that much of a sticking point?

Typically when this sort of yearly salary info is leaked to the media in an attempt to try the case in the 'court of public opinion', the devil is in the details: how much is guaranteed, what are the other provisions (trade/no trade), what is the signing bonus etc etc etc.

Ya know , i got to give the guy his props but COME ON MAN !! Drew Brees is difinitely a great QB , but what is he trying to prove ? They have offered up the farm more than likely & he still not happy with the offer !!

Now he's playing the hold out card - again COME ON MAN !! If they don't come to an agreement & he plays under the franchise tag the poor guy will only make what a measley 9 or 10 million to play one year -- i just don't know how he will be able to survive :doh: !!

I think these guys have lost all touch with reality !! I was just talking to my son in law the other day , he is a Marine , been in Iraq 3 times , Afganistan 2 times & barely makes $40 grand a year & our beloved Pres. is trying to cut them back further yet ... Go Figure !! But here are guys that get their asses shot at & put there life on the line like police officers & fire man & they make peanuts & guys like Brees & the dude from Philly complain B/C they spend money like our gov't & then wonder why they are broke (before the end of the contract) & ask for even more :wallbash: !!

They need to send guys like Brees & others that think they are gods gift to what ever sport & send them over & get their asses shot at , or let them lay brick , or clean out septic tanks for a year & then they might appreciate their contract or the contract offer they get a little more !!

I know we as fans enable these guys , by us loving the sport we allow them to live the way they do & we sure as hell aren't going to change that any time soon !! We will still go to games B/C we love the sport & buy the jersey's & all the other things that go along with it , but it is real disheartening when these guys get ultra greedy & lose almost all touch with reality or the real world & let greed engulf everything they are .

If they would just mind their P's & Q's with these ungodly pay checks they would be able to live out their entire life very comfortable , hell any one of us would love to have one year of their pay (I'll trade them) & --- well --- some of us would make it last , others would blow through it as fast as pouring piss out of a boot (as my old man use to say)

Well there you have it my rant for the next little while , i truly hope though they let him or MAKE him sit out a year & then he might have a new found appreciation for what he has & what he has been offered to play a game , It's just getting nuts !! :wallbash: :wallbash: !!

"I'm Barak Obama, and I approve of this message."

I was watching a Yankees game with my teacher friend the other day. Derek Jeter had gone 0-5 and he said something along the lines of "So he gets $20 million a year to strike out and I get $34,000 to educate America's youth?".

I said, "When 50,000 people pay to watch you teach every day, you can have $20 million".

Obviously just ribbing him, but people don't seem to understand that salaries are mostly to do with scarcity.

I'd put the blame more on management and FO than Brees. Brees made the Aints back into the Saints. Brought them hope after Katrina and has been a great ambassador of the city. He's a great leader who just demolished Marino's record last year and has always been a team first player. Now, they have no head coach and no stable leadership in a very trying time for the franchise. Get 'er done!

BTW, What the eff is with putting a space before all your multiple punctuations?

Edited by Wooderson

I'd say there are only 5 "ELITE" QB's in this game, and he's definitely one of them. Saints have to understand they were NOTHING without him and he's made their offense one of the best in the league. Without him their offense is left with a couple mediocre WR's and no running game. Give the man his money.

All I know is that their owner Benson is a scumbag. Tries to move that team out of New Orleans when the city needed them the most. That whole front office is full of low class people from what I've read and heard and I wouldn't be surprised if their offer was a bit of a lowball for someone of his caliber.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

Thank your son in law for me, his sacrifice away from his family and putting himself in danger is more than any of these athletes will ever require. Its all about money and if the corporate hounds keep feeding the athletes, they will eat it.

In Brees case, I always have a hunch its perpetuated by their goddamn agents.

I was bitching to my barber a bunch of years ago about how much football players make. He said until he can get 70,000 people come and watch him cut hair they'll always make tons more that him. Good point.

And in any case, it's not like any money the Saints don't pay Drew Brees gets turned over to the New Orleans school district, or sent to the United Way. It's either Drew Brees' money or it's Tom Benson's money. I don't think there's some moral imperative in figuring out which one of the two gets it. If you want more money paid to pro athletes to go to public services, either raise taxes or call'em up and ask nicely. Their paycuts just go back to the owners.

Bigger issue is structure. He wants manning(front loaded), they want Brady(flat).

It'll happen.

Edited by NoSaint

Drew Brees is a little piece of crap! - Joe DeLamielleure

officially a very well paid one now.

5 years, 100m. signed within the last hour. they split the salary gap, and he got the 1st year money. pretty much what would be expected.

Edited by NoSaint

officially a very well paid one now.

5 years, 100m. signed within the last hour. they split the salary gap, and he got the 1st year money. pretty much what would be expected.

Hey, Brees, you little piece of crap...

How 'bout tossing a few schekels at the crippled old guys who broke their backs for $5K a year to make the game the lucrative business it is it today (making your new contract possible), ya cheap selfish bastard???

Signed,

Joe D.

HArd to believe it took the Saints this long to give in to the inevitable. This has been the best QB over the past 5 seasons.

For those who would somehow argue with the fact that Brees was due this contract, I point you to the recent re-signing of "Brook Lopez" by the Nets for $61 million over 4 years.

Edited by Mr. WEO