Attending training camp

This year, my buddies and I are considering to attend Bills training camp for the first time.

My question is, would it be worth the trip down from Toronto? As i'm sure some of you have been to Bills camp, I'd just like to know the overall experience before I make any arrangements.

Thanks, GO BILLS!

Its really good. Chan is good about having the guys sign after practice too. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time because it does get crowded and parking at the shuttle locations can be annoying.

Last Year I waited for like an hour after practice and Fitz signed my Brother's Harvard Football Hat which was cool.

This year, my buddies and I are considering to attend Bills training camp for the first time.

My question is, would it be worth the trip down from Toronto? As i'm sure some of you have been to Bills camp, I'd just like to know the overall experience before I make any arrangements.

Thanks, GO BILLS!

HELL NO!!! I tried going a few years ago and never made it because I could not find the place to get on the mandatory bus because once you get to Pittsford there is no signs or directions to find the bus stop and if you try to ask the people who live there how to get to the bus stop they act like they never even heard of the Buffalo Bills let alone a training camp was held there.

HELL NO!!! I tried going a few years ago and never made it because I could not find the place to get on the mandatory bus because once you get to Pittsford there is no signs or directions to find the bus stop and if you try to ask the people who live there how to get to the bus stop they act like they never even heard of the Buffalo Bills let alone a training camp was held there.

That's not rocket science. Addresses (for GPS) and/or driving directions to any lot you choose here.

They are not bus stops so asking for a bus stop will get you no where. And most people living near the parking areas probably have no clue what places are being used for training camp parking. But if you used the correct name, like "Pittsford Sutherland High School, 55 Sutherland Street" I suspect most in the area would know where that is.

Of course if you just drive to some random place in Pittsford and ask where the Bills camp bus stop is then yeah, you might have trouble finding it. But if my wife can find it easily multiple times every year I'd have to think pretty much no one should get lost looking for it :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Thanks, GO BILLS!

Welcome to Pittsford! Bring me a case of Keith's and I'll get you where you need to be :beer:

Next time don't stop at the mental hospital.

Thanks, GO BILLS!

Last year was the first year since they moved from Fredonia to Pittsford that I didn't drive up from Virginia to attend camp. I think it is worth it, depending on what you want to get out of it. It is annually regarded as one of the most fan friendly camps in the NFL and the price is right, basically a buck for the transportation from the parking lots to the campus. I will be going this year without a doubt, really missed it last year, but with the lockout looming and some other stuff going on down here I missed it last year.

Wow? I haven't lived in Western New York in almost 30 years and when I come back every summer I have never had any problems finding the assigned parking areas. Just go to the Bills website and it gives directions and addresses for each one. If you can't follow directions, invest in a GPS.

I'd say it's worth it. Though it may be a little more strenuous schedule-wise, I'd try to make it to a night practice. More actual gameplay = a little more of a glimpse at how the players work in play situations, instead of a larger focus on independent position-specific skills that you'll get at the regular morning or afternoon camps.

It's a fun time. Watching the training camp battles. Improving players. All that stuff. In the last few years I've managed to get the following autographs:

Spiller

Stevie

Moats

Fitz

Nelson

many times the players will go out of tuier way to sign every last person there. Many times the players will go out to dinner after the practices are over. Depending on if it's a day or night practice. I saw just about every OLmen along with some of the young WRs (Nelson for sure, pretty sire Jones and Roosevelt) at Dinosaur BBQ last year.

Nothing to add to the above responses to this mess of a post...except holy sh/t!!

Anyway, it's usually a good time. Very easy to get to. Foods not so great and they run out of what they have.

Nothing to add to the above responses to this mess of a post...except holy sh/t!!

Anyway, it's usually a good time. Very easy to get to. Foods not so great and they run out of what they have.

I think they upgraded the food vendors last year if memory serves. We don't get much there except something to drink though so I may be mistaken.