Adrian Peterson arrested

already did. and yes, you bet i would call my crew... you sound very naive to trust a cop.

every cop ive known and worked with was either racist or a crook. they are wolves in sheeps clothing...

It sounds like relating to you does that to them since I've known plenty of cops who were good, decent people.

Yes. Something that, while classless, stupid, and counterproductive, is not and should not be a crime. We're allowed to be a-holes in this great free land of ours. Most, fortunately, choose not to.

I am sure Supreme Court would rule there is no constitutional right to do so.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get involved in these discussions much but blindly following what a police officer says is beyond stupid and is a growing problem in this country and something that will eventually be addressed.

Eventually we need to address the problem of enforcing closing time at bars?? :blink:

I love all the whining here about cops being rude. I'm sure Peterson showed absolutely no sense of entitlement or arrogance when he was told it was time to leave the bar, and was nothing but 'please' and 'thank yous'.

I cant say for sure what happened here.....but.....if people would just put their egos aside it diffuses most of the problem.....

About a month ago.....I was driving back to Hemet from LA for one of my daughters get together social type things....and I had a glass of wine while I was there so it was probably still on my breath (im not a drinking by any means....just took some sips socially...definately sober).....shes passed out in the back seat.

I come up and they have what looks like a full blown alchohol checkpoints going into town.....and the police have a parking lot set to the side where they were testing and detaining and the parking lot was filling up quicker and quicker.

The man in front of me got sassy with the cops while they were asking questions.....detained

My turn....I told them where I was coming from....they asked to see my drivers license I TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TO REACH INTO MY BACK POCKET TO GET IT.......showing respect for their safety....he grinned at me and nodded...I showed it....then I was on my way through and home.

Dont screw with them.....dont mess with them.....dont get your ego bruised if they are talking to you in a elevated tone of voice......follow directions.....and be nice. You will have no problems.

I cant say for sure what happened here.....but.....if people would just put their egos aside it diffuses most of the problem.....

About a month ago.....I was driving back to Hemet from LA for one of my daughters get together social type things....and I had a glass of wine while I was there so it was probably still on my breath (im not a drinking by any means....just took some sips socially...definately sober).....shes passed out in the back seat.

I come up and they have what looks like a full blown alchohol checkpoints going into town.....and the police have a parking lot set to the side where they were testing and detaining and the parking lot was filling up quicker and quicker.

The man in front of me got sassy with the cops while they were asking questions.....detained

My turn....I told them where I was coming from....they asked to see my drivers license I TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TO REACH INTO MY BACK POCKET TO GET IT.......showing respect for their safety....he grinned at me and nodded...I showed it....then I was on my way through and home.

Dont screw with them.....dont mess with them.....dont get your ego bruised if they are talking to you in a elevated tone of voice......follow directions.....and be nice. You will have no problems.

I got pulled over coming home from the bar last year for going 57 in a 45. The cop asked me if I'd been drinking, so of course I said yes. He asked how much. I said I had a beer at my buddy's house and a beer at the bar. He asked a few questions about where I lived, where I was going, etc. and I was all "yes sir, no sir." Then he hands me back my license and says "just slow it down for me." Being [semi]honest and polite has its benefits.

look....when the cops tell you to place your hands behind your back....you doit

Its that simple

How about if AP didn't know the guy was an off-duty cop working an extra job at the club?

Seems to me there's a double standard when a guy not working in his official capacity as a cop gets to file charges for resisting arrest...and a regular old Joe Shmoe bouncer can't.

How about if AP didn't know the guy was an off-duty cop working an extra job at the club?

Seems to me there's a double standard when a guy not working in his official capacity as a cop gets to file charges for resisting arrest...and a regular old Joe Shmoe bouncer can't.

Allegedly he identified himself, and if he refused to leave or laid hands on a bouncer, yes he could be arrested.

Allegedly he identified himself, and if he refused to leave or laid hands on a bouncer, yes he could be arrested.

Not to mention if you resist the bouncer you're likely to get the **** kicked out of you, an no one's going to do a thing about it. Although I imagine the bouncers would need some solid back in this instance.

It sounds like relating to you does that to them since I've known plenty of cops who were good, decent people.

I am sure Supreme Court would rule there is no constitutional right to do so.

I'm sure it would. We can say whatever we want here. We can stay still when asked to move. We can be Americans.

And I'm not anti-cop at all, not for a minute.

To be fair, I haven't seen anyone condemn ocho and defend AD. So your wall bash is pretty well imaginary i think.

I was one of few to be anti-85 and I'm certainly not letting AD off the hook for being dumb.

You obviously missed the many pages in the Ochocinco thread and are you paying attention to this one?

You obviously missed the many pages in the Ochocinco thread and are you paying attention to this one?

right and i havent seen one person land the way you described. the people condeming ocho are not in here defending AD, so i dont see the hypocrisy(not that it would be anyway). just two sides to two different stories being discussed.

Edited by NoSaint

Peterson's attorney: Resisting arrest charge a 'fabrication'

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson was a victim, not the aggressor, during an altercation with authorities that led to his arrest at a Houston night club over the weekend, his attorney said Monday.

Peterson, a Texas native who makes his offseason home in Houston, was arrested and taken to jail early Saturday morning and charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor. Police said he pushed an off-duty police officer who was working security at the club. An initial court appearance is set for Friday.

Peterson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, called the charge and the allegation that he shoved the officer "a total fabrication."

"He, in fact, was struck at least twice in the face for absolutely no legitimate reason, and when all the evidence is impartially reviewed, it will clearly show Adrian was the victim, not the aggressor," Hardin said in a statement.

Houston police declined comment on the details.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/07/09/vikings-adrian-peterson-attorney.ap/index.html#ixzz20FJCT3j6