What were the Best Seats at a Event Personally

So you concede defeat and I can claim unconditional victory?

:)

gnight, M

Nope. I still think he's a POS. You or anyone else Will never change my opinion of him. Apparently I will never change yours either. I'm ok with it. But I'm guessing if you asked the Flake what he thought of Buffalo he wouldn't have such nice things to say about us as some of us do about him.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I still think he's a POS. You or anyone else Will never change my opinion of him. Apparently I will never change yours either. I'm ok with it. But I'm guessing if you asked the Flake what he thought of Buffalo he wouldn't have such nice things to say about us as some of us do about him.

I was kidding… not trying to change your mind.

On your last point, one of the regulars here posted about recently meeting Flutie and how Flutie had only nice things to say about Buffalo.

I've been in the front row for every Wiggles concert since their inception in 1991. Seeing the joy in the children's eyes is magnificent, and then later the fear....

Oh. I mean...What I meant to say is, three rows behind the Sabres' bench in a playoff game.

holy sh*t. this is too funny to use an "LOL."

this thread man... i don't want to sound like an a hole, but i get front row at most events I go to. get there early, keep your eyes on about 10 groups of seats in the front where you want to be. as the event starts, obviously 9 out of those 10 will fill up. one wont.

when the action picks up in the second quarter, go grab a beer, and walk down to that seat like you f*cking own it. walk right past the ushers tat direct you to your seat. people that stop there and look around for a seat always get sent back up to the nose bleeds. don't talk to the person next to you when you sit down, don't say anything. once in a great while an usher will come up and ask to see your ticket - be nice, but "ahh tossed that up at concession man, sorry."

occassionally, the owner of the seats will show up, if so, take your loss and get out of there.

2 things about this:

1) like trying to bring girls home from the bar - you have to be prepared to lose, because it's going to happen, so don't be "conflict-averse." michael jordan missed half of his shots during his career too.

2) the first 10 times you do it, you're going to be so focused on doing it, you wont even notice the game/concert, so it wont seem like its worth it. but it is.

cant remember the last event i didn't see from the front row though. actually, so broke right now, cant remember the last event i went to, lol. got drumsticks from tre cool (green day drummer) at lolapalooza in 2010 though - freaking awesome being front row in front of like, 200,000 people, ill tell you that much.

Because I hated Flutie and I never saw it as gutsy. I always saw it as him stealing the spotlight for himself. He was egotistical and cockier than anyone. He played it in the media that he was a good ole boy but he wasn't. He wanted it only for himself. He was always blaming other people for loses and taking all the credit for the wins whenever he could. That should have been a Thurman TD.

Not to steal the thread here but come on man. I could see why you would not like Flutie since he was kind of self promoting & shady but if he gives it to Thurman Jacksonville stuffs him & we lose the game. Great gutsy call.

I was kidding… not trying to change your mind.

On your last point, one of the regulars here posted about recently meeting Flutie and how Flutie had only nice things to say about Buffalo.

I had this big long reply with stories and everything last night. Just as I was summing up the last bit of it my iPhone battery died. Lost it all. So in short, I should like him but I don't. I don't trust him. I think he's fake. If he IS as fake as I think he is, he would never publicly say anything bad about Buffalo anyway. Fake people like to make themselves look like gods. And that's exactly what he does. Thurman could have easily gotten a few yards and won that Jax game. Why did he audible out and run it himself? Because he wanted it all for himself. Wasn't a team player and often blamed other people for losses when he just should have said something like "WE should have played better as a team". That's all. Take responsibility for your own actions band when it comes down to the bottom line, when your a QB of an NFL team, you are responsible for wins and losses more than anyone else on that football team. Just come out into the media and say YOU need to play better next time. He wasn't even in the Music City Miracle game and hebmade a comment that if he was in they would have won. What?!? Was he going to play kickoff coverage that day too?

I have been blessed to have grown up with family who worked for the Bills in the 70's and 80's. And to have a father who owned Package stores.

I got to watch the Bills vs Falcons in 1983 in Fulton County Stadium in the Braves dugout. I was 8 years old. And was out on the field before the game watching the players warm up. After the game got to go into the lockerroom. My father told me never repeat anything you hear th eplayers say. I knew it was 'bad words', my father cussed like a sailor himself. The players however took it to a whole other level. I remember asking my dad, they all know each others moms? Very cool experience.

I also got to go to the 1985 Super Bowl and watch the game from club level. Met George Wendt from Cheers.

The 1992 and 1993 season SB against the Cowgirls.

Countless concerts etc. Like i said, very fortunate childhood.

And trying to get the thread back on course.

Oh wow! Can't believe I forgot this one. San Jose Bills Fan and I were in the bleachers of (at the time) Pac Bell Park when Barry Bonds tied and then passed William Covey as the all time HR record on the Giants. Other than being absolutely freezing, it was a great game.

I have been blessed to have grown up with family who worked for the Bills in the 70's and 80's. And to have a father who owned Package stores.

I got to watch the Bills vs Falcons in 1983 in Fulton County Stadium in the Braves dugout. I was 8 years old. And was out on the field before the game watching the players warm up. After the game got to go into the lockerroom. My father told me never repeat anything you hear th eplayers say. I knew it was 'bad words', my father cussed like a sailor himself. The players however took it to a whole other level. I remember asking my dad, they all know each others moms? Very cool experience.

I also got to go to the 1985 Super Bowl and watch the game from club level. Met George Wendt from Cheers.

The 1992 and 1993 season SB against the Cowgirls.

Countless concerts etc. Like i said, very fortunate childhood.

And trying to get the thread back on course.

has to have been a precious experience for you.... it clear best seats ever , a very personal one and subject to personal definition.

4/26/2008, Raleigh, NC outdoor Amphitheatre, front row center for one of my personal favorite bands, Widespread Panic. It is quite a sight turning around and seeing almost 20,000 people behind you. Special guest Ann Marie Calhoun came out and played the violin with them. Didn’t know who she was at the time but she’s gorgeous!!! Even all the ladies in the crowd were saying as much. I’ve gotten up front to see many bands but never actually had tickets telling me I should be in the 1st row, dead center in a venue that big. By the end of the show, about 20 of our friends made it up into the 1st few rows. Shortly after the show, the band put a video out that’s still on YouTube and most of us are in it although you can only see the top of my head. Google WSP with Ann Marie if interested but FYI, I have no idea who shakin’ my head guy is.

I have been to way too many shows, and sporting events to rank which one I had the best seats for...but the one I can remember best, where my seats actually played a role in my experience of the event was sitting in the third row, court-side for a Phoenix Suns/New York Knicks in MSG. We were sitting two rows behind Donald & Marla Trump. Not really a fan of either team, I was there to see Charles Barkley. About midway through the second qtr (IIRC) things were getting very chippy between the two teams. Ewing took a Suns player down hard, Barkley retaliated, and got ejected from the game...as he was walking off the court, somebody near me threw a mustard covered pretzel at Barkley...he started to make his way into the stands...right over trump...put his hand on one of my shoulders and started cursing at the person who threw the pretzel. That person was ejected. Honestly, I am don't even remember who won the game (I think it was the Knicks), but it was a pretty wild situation, for a minute there...I thought I was going to take shrapnel, by way of Barkleys elbows...didn't happen, but memorable just the sames.

Because I hated Flutie and I never saw it as gutsy. I always saw it as him stealing the spotlight for himself. He was egotistical and cockier than anyone. He played it in the media that he was a good ole boy but he wasn't. He wanted it only for himself. He was always blaming other people for loses and taking all the credit for the wins whenever he could. That should have been a Thurman TD.

That was a great moment from that time, and is kind of Flutie's signature play as a Buffalo Bill. But, I have to say, I pretty much agree with you. I never liked Flutie, before he came to Buffalo, and I remember, after this particular game, Flutie was all "me, me, me", "I, I , I"...the worst thing, if you recall, in breaking down his "greatest play ever", he was sure to start out his story by telling everyone that Thurman screwed up on the play, leaving mighty mouse with no ohter choice but to to carry the ball in himself. Fwiw- I know some long-time Bills employees, and from what I remember at that time, Flutie throwing Thurman under the bus, for his own self-loving, did not sit well with a lot of the vetrans on the team...Thurman was pissed, but got over it...but it lingered a bit with guys like Andre Reed.

I have seen that play a million times (and it was a great play, no doubt) but I don't think for a minute that Flutie ever intended to do anythig with that ball, but run it in himeslf.

Edited by Buftex

has to have been a precious experience for you.... it clear best seats ever , a very personal one and subject to personal definition.

Thank you. it was amazing. I was very fortunate. Getting to walk into lockerrooms when you are a boy is like heaven. Fred Smerlas and Jimmy Haslett were always great with me. They were like big kids. What i would not give to go back there with my now deceased father and have that day again.

Thank you. it was amazing. I was very fortunate. Getting to walk into lockerrooms when you are a boy is like heaven. Fred Smerlas and Jimmy Haslett were always great with me. They were like big kids. What i would not give to go back there with my now deceased father and have that day again.

these precious times and moments of life... the do endure forever and keep us moving forward providing we look in the half full part of glass of life and not empty....:blush:

My third concert ever, I sat second row, dead center, at the Aud, for the Who in 1979. It was the day after the stampede in Cincinnati, where 13 people were killled at a Who show. A friend of mine had the tickets, and his parents wouldn't let him go...my sister and I snagged them at the last second...face value...which, IIRC was $15! My how times have changed...that show made a big impact on me...first time I ever experienced the anger and fury that rock 'n-roll, when done right, can embody.

Edited by Buftex

I've been in the front row for every Wiggles concert since their inception in 1991. Seeing the joy in the children's eyes is magnificent, and then later the fear....

Oh. I mean...What I meant to say is, three rows behind the Sabres' bench in a playoff game.

:lol:

Won a contest on the old "Monday Night Quarterback" radio show with John Murphy, and got 1st row seats behind the glass for 3 Sabres games at the Aud, plus a personalized Sabres jersey. At one of those games I got to go on the ice at intermission to shoot a puck for a chance to win a car. None of the contestants won the car, but it was still a cool experience and I remember being struck by how bright the lights were on the ice.

In the Super Bowl years I sat on the 30 yard line, 10 rows behind the Bills bench. Sat with players' families many times - went on the field a time or two.

Recently, sat on 50 yard line in the Clubs, and have been on the field for a pre-game visit a few times. A pretty surreal experience - got some great photos of my kids with some current players as well as Kelly and Thurman. This is how I got my avatar photo.

Last year, sat in 3rd row behind Red Sox dugout at Minute Maid Park in Houston. Sweet.

Sat in 4th row of Cirque du Soleil show in Disney - very cool.

Possibly topping all of these may be sitting on the beach at Buck Island just off the coast of St. Croix - truly heaven on earth.

That was a great moment from that time, and is kind of Flutie's signature play as a Buffalo Bill. But, I have to say, I pretty much agree with you. I never liked Flutie, before he came to Buffalo, and I remember, after this particular game, Flutie was all "me, me, me", "I, I , I"...the worst thing, if you recall, in breaking down his "greatest play ever", he was sure to start out his story by telling everyone that Thurman screwed up on the play, leaving mighty mouse with no ohter choice but to to carry the ball in himself. Fwiw- I know some long-time Bills employees, and from what I remember at that time, Flutie throwing Thurman under the bus, for his own self-loving, did not sit well with a lot of the vetrans on the team...Thurman was pissed, but got over it...but it lingered a bit with guys like Andre Reed.

I have seen that play a million times (and it was a great play, no doubt) but I don't think for a minute that Flutie ever intended to do anythig with that ball, but run it in himeslf.

thanks Buftex. I was no exactly young but being in my early 20s at the time sometimes I do wonder if maybe I saw things differently than others and maybe I just didn't get it at the time. This kind of reassures me of my opinions of how Flutie acted during that time and how others thought of him as well.

I know this is one of the most talked about topics ever on this boards history and I'm sorry to bring these discussions up again after so many years. I just can't help it. I have a hatred for Flutie because of his "me first" attitude at the time and has forever changed my opinions of him. I'd love to have a sit down with some of the Bills of that time like Thurman, Bruce and Andre and see what they thought of the play and Flakey himself.

Maybe it's my hatred for the City and the people from Boston (with the exception of a few here, you know who you are, and 2-3 others from when I lived in Vegas). Or maybe it's my hatred for everything Canada (with the exception of Swiss Chalet and Perkins) that makes me hate Flakey even more. I don't know what it is. They were good memories but that's only because they were the end of our glory years and the last fine we were really relevant in the league. Wheather Flakey was a big part of that or not, I still can't stand him.

Ok. I'll stop this now. No more posts from me on this topic (at least in this thread) for a long time. I'll go back to reading replies. Again, sorry to the OP for jacking the thread.

thanks Buftex. I was no exactly young but being in my early 20s at the time sometimes I do wonder if maybe I saw things differently than others and maybe I just didn't get it at the time. This kind of reassures me of my opinions of how Flutie acted during that time and how others thought of him as well.

I know this is one of the most talked about topics ever on this boards history and I'm sorry to bring these discussions up again after so many years. I just can't help it. I have a hatred for Flutie because of his "me first" attitude at the time and has forever changed my opinions of him. I'd love to have a sit down with some of the Bills of that time like Thurman, Bruce and Andre and see what they thought of the play and Flakey himself.

Maybe it's my hatred for the City and the people from Boston (with the exception of a few here, you know who you are, and 2-3 others from when I lived in Vegas). Or maybe it's my hatred for everything Canada (with the exception of Swiss Chalet and Perkins) that makes me hate Flakey even more. I don't know what it is. They were good memories but that's only because they were the end of our glory years and the last fine we were really relevant in the league. Wheather Flakey was a big part of that or not, I still can't stand him.

Ok. I'll stop this now. No more posts from me on this topic (at least in this thread) for a long time. I'll go back to reading replies. Again, sorry to the OP for jacking the thread.

Carrying hatred hurts you more than the subject of your hate. You have to let it go. By the way, why do you hate Canada?

Springsteen at the Aud in 1984, second row center, behind the stage.

Stood in line for hours to get tix, had them sell out literally five guys ahead of me. After a few minutes of major croud grumbling, a guy comes out and says "we've just opened up seating behind the stage...anybody want them?"

Teriffic sightline, stage high with a view like what the band was seeing of the croud out front. Bruce knew we were back there too, and came back and played a number of times facing us. Killer show, killer seats, nothing else as good (concert or otherwise) ever again...