hbo's "newsroom"

Reagan shook his first publicly, negotiated well privately, and above all came to understand as his Presidency went on the Soviet situation and applied pressure to capitalize on their internal dysfunction. In the most simple and brief way possible (to avoid another book), those are my thoughts. In his dealings with the Soviets, he was successful through what he did at the time he did it. And that in no way marginalizes his accomplishment as I see it, to put it that way.

In what ways do you feel President Obama has gone around the world apologizing for America? This is one thing I have never been able to understand, though recognizing some people really do feel this way.

Video not working but read the text

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh I'm drunk and sleepy for my Friday sleep in day (my birthday actually lol I know you all feel great for me)...but I got the video up and am watching it. it's Obama so it's an hour or course. Maybe I'll back to this tonight but in not then I will later and state my opinion on the speech.

Happy birthday! Enjoyed our chat :beer:

Bleh I'm drunk and sleepy for my Friday sleep in day (my birthday actually lol I know you all feel great for me)...but I got the video up and am watching it. it's Obama so it's an hour or course. Maybe I'll back to this tonight but in not then I will later and state my opinion on the speech.

Happy birthday! List your birthday publicly so that Mead sends you a birthday message.

Happy birthday. I got you a present.

Well, actually, I donated $10 to Obama through their "Birthday Wishes" donation site. But same difference...

Happy birthday. I got you a present.

Well, actually, I donated $10 to Obama through their "Birthday Wishes" donation site. But same difference...

That $10 will be put to use to hire an accountant to go through Romney's tax returns.

another great episode. sure, it's biased. but progressives need an articulate, witty show to contrast with the limpaughs, hannity's and beck's of the airways who certainly are not...and this episode did that quite well. loved the clips of the con talking heads, talking out of their a$$es about obama's india trip.

Edited by birdog1960

another great episode. sure, it's biased. but progressives need an articulate, witty show to contrast with the limpaughs, hannity's and beck's of the airways who certainly are not...and this episode did that quite well. loved the clips of the con talking heads, talking out of their a$es about obama's india trip.

So basically Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher and the rest of the left wing retard circle jerk isn't enough for you?

another great episode. sure, it's biased. but progressives need an articulate, witty show

There's bias, and there is non-reality;

Two things have yet to happen in Sorkin’s portrayal of what an idealist’s pursuit of journalism would be via his new HBO series.

Number one, over the course of the season McAvoy (who is supposed to be the show's Republican character) has yet to express a single sentiment that even approaches the thinking of a moderate liberal, let alone a conservative or a Republican.

Number two, there hasn’t been a single substantive criticism of the President or the left whatsoever.

another great episode. sure, it's biased. but progressives need an articulate, witty show...

...that validates them, of course.

God knows you couldn't possibly handle an articulate, witty show that contradicted anything you thought. The modern definition of "progressive" is apparently "someone who doesn't have confidence in their own thoughts," for all the external validation people like you seek out.

...that validates them, of course.

God knows you couldn't possibly handle an articulate, witty show that contradicted anything you thought. The modern definition of "progressive" is apparently "someone who doesn't have confidence in their own thoughts," for all the external validation people like you seek out.

LOL any progressive who posts on this board is going to be sorely disappointed if they do so seeking validation.

There's bias, and there is non-reality;

Two things have yet to happen in Sorkin’s portrayal of what an idealist’s pursuit of journalism would be via his new HBO series.

Number one, over the course of the season McAvoy (who is supposed to be the show's Republican character) has yet to express a single sentiment that even approaches the thinking of a moderate liberal, let alone a conservative or a Republican.

Number two, there hasn’t been a single substantive criticism of the President or the left whatsoever.

It's disappointing. It could have been a decently entertaining show with even a remote nod to balance. In a 2011 recap they opened the door wide - didn't even have to fit the timeline of that single week.... Nothing?

HEY I"m NOT here much but why are u just quoting half of someones sentence? ThAt # 3 3 GUY MIGHT BE AN ASS, but what is wrong with you?

If you are going to come on here at least be somewhat respectful. I appreciate the half-sentence reference but she was just trying to make a point.