hbo's "newsroom"

I would call my views moderate (I've voted for both parties as president/senate/state/local) and I really loved Sorkin's West Wing, however...

...I can't stomach Newsroom.

The first episode was brilliant. I wanted to see more, then it just spiraled into far left liberal lala land. It's so biased its ridiculous.

This show is straight propaganda; And it's not even good propaganda, because he doesn't argue the other side. It doesn't make you think. It just bashes your brains in with leftist talking points.

I can't believe there are people out there who think this show is subtle, vague, or (laugh) accurate. If this was how real News was reported, we'd be better off watching Comedy Central.

... we are.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That people get their news from Comedy Central

I didn't mean to imply that. Who gets news from Comedy Central? I was talking about watching Sunny re-runs being far more educational than watching the nightly news. Which was meant as a jab at the quality of what passes for news. I'd rather be laughing.

In that case, my bad.

Not your bad. Mine. I can be unclear (and forgot about the Daily Show/Colbert which I know some people do consider viable news sources)-- which isn't something to brag about considering I should be better at this whole writing thing.

But I'm a hack.

Edited by tgreg99