Would you support a Constitutional Amendment on campaign finance?

Support a Constitutional Amendment?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Support a Constitutional Amendment?

Probably just worded something like "Congress can regulate the financing of political campaigns" ... and let the specifics go from there up to Congress.

Edited by TheNewBills

Why? So labor unions can contribute end without end amen and corporations can't? Unions are people but corporations aren't?

If there were a detente on this point, that would be something. ON EDIT: Not something that should be in the Constitution, but it would be something.

As it stands, neither side will relent because the other side won't put their knife down first.

Edited by UConn James

Why? So labor unions can contribute end without end amen and corporations can't? Unions are people but corporations aren't?

If there were a detente on this point, I would.

But as it stands, neither side will relent because the other side won't put their knife down first.

The amendment would allow them to regulate campaign finance. In other words, regulate what you want as well if Congress so chooses. The specifics would be left to the future...point is they would be able to.

Edited by TheNewBills

The amendment would allow them to regulate campaign finance. In other words, regulate what you want as well if Congress so chooses. The specifics would be left to the future...point is they would be able to.

Phase I: Constitutional Amendment

Phase II: :unsure:

Phase III: Profit :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Give a politician the right to decide if, or when, I can donate MY OWN money??? or what's left after they get their fair share.... Especially with only this as a means to keep them in check...

"Congress can regulate the financing of political campaigns"

no.... not today.... not tomorrow.... not while I'm still alive...

Give a politician the right to decide if, or when, I can donate MY OWN money??? or what's left after they get their fair share.... Especially with only this as a means to keep them in check...

no.... not today.... not tomorrow.... not while I'm still alive...

Is this your Ted Nugent moment?

Ted's learning....

I think he would admit, he has a long way to go if he want to make the team...

He's got all the tools, and he's obviously, a fan favorite. Ted puts in the extra time with his positional coaches, showing he wants to be part of this team.

We're in training camp now, and I expect him to graduate on time in July... We'll see yet if that carries over in to game times in November..

Ted's learning....

I think he would admit, he has a long way to go if he want to make the team...

He's got all the tools, and he's obviously, a fan favorite. Ted puts in the extra time with his positional coaches, showing he wants to be part of this team.

We're in training camp now, and I expect him to graduate on time in July... We'll see yet if that carries over in to game times in November..

lol sufficiently strange response, touche

Why? So labor unions can contribute end without end amen and non-media owningcorporations can't? Unions are people but corporations aren't?

If there were a detente on this point, that would be something. ON EDIT: Not something that should be in the Constitution, but it would be something.

As it stands, neither side will relent because the other side won't put their knife down first.

Fixed it for you.

In a world full of bad ideas, a constitutional limit on political speech, though it probably wouldn't be king, would have to be in contention for being the king.

No. Something like that has no businesses being in the Constitution.

No kidding.

WTF?

Since we're up for putting stupid **** in there, maybe we can just start adding things like favorite recipes or top 10 lists to the Constitution as well?

So all you guys think we would not benefit from being able to control some of the money in politics?

No, we think you're an idiot for wanting to make it an amendment to the Constitution.

That was your subject. Not whether or not we need campaign finance changes.

That's why all the affecting laws need to be stricken and we need to start over. Editing won't fix the problem.

I know, let's have a constitutional amendment banning soft drinks in excess of 16 ozs.

Agreed- you can't legislate intelligence.

Edited by Adam