Poor *Wealthy* bus attendent in Greece, NY.

boyst

An you know this how?

And litigation has reduced us to sniveling whiners? Pathetic.

Im an educator for an environmental center. Some little bastard was disrupting the class and throwing water on the other kids. I asked him to stop, he responded by throwing water on me. I asked the kid to leave and sit on the steps. Problem solved right? Next day the school was called by the parents to complain about the way one of the kids was disciplined. Sure enough it was the kid I sent to the steps. The field trip is in jeopardy next year as a result because I sent the kid to the steps because he was being a brat.

Thats the bull **** educators have to deal with. The fact that women sat there and take it is how educators have to deal with things now.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im an educator for an environmental center. Some little bastard was disrupting the class and throwing water on the other kids. I asked him to stop, he responded by throwing water on me. I asked the kid to leave and sit on the steps. Problem solved right? Next day the school was called by the parents to complain about the way one of the kids was disciplined. Sure enough it was the kid I sent to the steps. The field trip is in jeopardy next year as a result because I sent the kid to the steps because he was being a brat.

Thats the bull **** educators have to deal with. The fact that women sat there and take it is how educators have to deal with things now.

Which is all true...but I'm thinking that anyone over the age of 30 who lets the taunts of seventh graders get to them to that degree (and yes, I heard the taunts) isn't exactly a rock, either.

That's about the response I expected out of you. A weak, thoughtless opinion followed by an even weaker insult. Bravo as usual.

Come on over to the PPP thread, son. Then I'll tell you what I really think.

I lean conservative pretty strongly in most areas, but I really hope the day never comes when I feel that way about a little old lady who was just trying to do her job lol. I'm really taken aback at some of the comments about this situation...

To clarify, I feel sorry for her & don't begrudge her the cash. More power to her. What bothers me is the way so many people view & process this kind of situation. All gas (heart) with no steering wheel (brains).

And what job was this lady supposed to be doing? Bus monitor right? She waant doing much monitoring was she? Just because she's old doesn't mean she can't stand up for herself. I would love to see how my mom who is truly a little old lady at the age of 87 would have handled it.

Lost her **** then lost her job? This lady apparently needed her job so she did what she needed to keep it. A bus monitors job is to keep the kids safe, not lose her temper because they are picking on her. She told the bus driver what happened and he/she should have dealt with it through the proper channels, that didn't happen.

This lady isn't cashing in through her own doing, so some of the vitrol makes no sense. I'll agree it's getting out of hand but we don't know if she'll turn around and dontate the majority to a worthy cause yet, lets give her the benefit of the doubt until she has that chance.

Its amazing how people can openly criticize a kind gesture by thousands just because it doesn't meet their definition of a good cause. People can spend their money how they choose, and if their choice means sending $10 this ladies way (no matter how empty an actual gesture it is) then who really gives a crap.

This thread is starting to turn into the same type of judgemental crap that brought this on in the first place.

Which is all true...but I'm thinking that anyone over the age of 30 who lets the taunts of seventh graders get to them to that degree (and yes, I heard the taunts) isn't exactly a rock, either.

Supposedly they were also either making fun of her son who committed suicide, or saying things about how her kids SHOULD commit suicide, which her son actually did at some point.

A rock? Definitely not. Human? I'd say so.

Taunts yea, but mention of her family killing themselves when her son already did that could break even the strongest soul.

Edited by kegtapr

Again, why can we not look at what she did right versus what the kids did?

And, when in just a few short weeks when the kids get trotted out as bully victims and earn a couple thousand each for interviews - then what?

Supposedly they were also either making fun of her son who committed suicide, or saying things about how her kids SHOULD commit suicide, which her son actually did at some point.

A rock? Definitely not. Human? I'd say so.

Taunts yea, but mention of her family killing themselves when her son already did that could break even the strongest soul.

Like I said...I heard the taunts. :rolleyes:

This thread is starting to turn into the same type of judgemental crap that brought this on in the first place.

And here is why...

Come on over to the PPP thread, son. Then I'll tell you what I really think.

Take Jim, and go back to the douchebag circlejerk.

Take Jim, and go back to the douchebag circlejerk.

Did you ever think that little ****heads like these are little ****heads because no one stood up to their little shitheadedness? You feel that it's ok to stand up to my douchebaggery (and I agree that it is) but ohhhhh don't stand up against the little ****heads shitheadery because we might get in trouble with the little ****heads big shitheaded parents.

And you haven't answered how you came to the conclusion that my mother wouldn't have done **** .

not my way to have nasty exchanges with any of you, but got to say hugely disappointed reading some of the comments regarding the monitor he lack of strength ect, frankly had hoped they were attempts at being either funny or simply adversarial , just to get rise. Simply given these sort of comment it no small wonder with these sort of examples why children behave in such a fashion.

So you're replying to your point of it being right by saying it isn't right?? Cookoo...,,cookoo.

No.

What are you Tom's lover? He can speak for himself.

not my way to have nasty exchanges with any of you, but got to say hugely disappointed reading some of the comments regarding the monitor he lack of strength ect, frankly had hoped they were attempts at being either funny or simply adversarial , just to get rise. Simply given these sort of comment it no small wonder with these sort of examples why children behave in such a fashion.

I agree Mill... I am weak for getting into with the same usual crowd... Who think this is High School. Any wonder the children acted like they did? We are seeing a mirror on this board what they will be like in their 40's and 50's... Group think is sad.

No.

What are you Tom's lover? He can speak for himself.

I agree Mill... I am weak for getting into with the same usual crowd... Who think this is High School. Any wonder the children acted like they did? We are seeing a mirror on this board what they will be like in their 40's and 50's... Group think is sad.

Do you blame the parents at all and if so why?

Do you blame the parents at all and if so why?

I am not gonna get into it with you... Yes, I do fault the parents when the child leaves their 4 walls to do stuff like this. BUT people like the ones posting here are not helping the situation.

I am not gonna attack you Chef, I know you are a good guy... But man, the crap people say. :wallbash:

with respect such begins with each one of us and the examples we set , gentleness, kindness, compassion, silence at times are strengths not weaknesses

THE LITTLE CHAP WHO FOLLOWS ME

A careful man I ought be;

A little fellow follows me;

I do not dare to go astray

For fear he'll go the self-same way.

I must not madly step aside,

Where pleasure's paths are smooth and wide,

And join in wine's red revelry-

A little fellow follows me.

I cannot once escape his eyes;

Whate'er he sees me do he tries-

Like me, he says, he's going to be;

The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I am good and fine,

Believes in every word of minel

The base in me he must not see,

The little chap who follows m

I must remember as I go,

Through summer's sun and winter's snow,

I'm building for the years to be,

A little fellow follows me.

I was all for support. It was heartwarming and a nice thing for folks to do. Its over the top now. Shes banked close to 600K so far and a free vacation becuase a bunch of kids on her bus got mouthy with her (and she did nothing about).

Its wonderful that she got some support, but if people right now have a burning need to be generous, there are other places and people that need help A LOT more than this woman.

Somewhere right now a Wounded Warrior who did three tours in Mosul is reading the Karen Klein story and thinking to himself "Really???"

Its about priorities.

Marine Vet here, thank you for thinking of Wounded Warriors but it is still uplifting to see the support she has received. It is good to see people helping Karen and makes going to war easier knowing that the people we are defending are capable of this.