Gillette and the evil empire

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you are right. A quick google search reveals he is on the Board of Directors of The Kraft Group and Viacom. So, we can at least blame him for MTV sucking.

Actually, the RIAA is to blame for MTV sucking. MTV stopped playing music videos because labels started wanting massive fees to play music videos. Apparently, the RIAA's position is...if people like something and someone is making money on it...somehow they owe the RIAA a cut.

I shave with a Braun electric razor. Since Braun is a German company, I'm guessing that at least one Braun employee went to a Berlin Thunder game. The Thunder helped launched the career of David Akers who at least once kicked a FG against the Bills.

That's it! I'm not using my Braun razor anymore!

Anyways... Here's a realistic chain of events on what happens when you boycott Gillette products:

When you boycott Gillette products because you're a hardcore Bills fan, you don't shave.

When you don't shave, you grow a beard.

When you grow a beard, people think you're a hockey player.

When people think you're a hockey player, people think you're tough and can stand cold weather.

When people think you're tough and can stand cold weather, word gets around.

When word gets around, the government finds out.

When the government finds out, you get sent to Siberia.

When you get sent to Siberia, you freeze to death.

When you freeze to death, you turn into an ice cube and get buried under miles of snow.

When you turn into an ice cube and get buried under miles of snow, you get found thousands of years later.

When you get found thousands of years later, you become the new Otzi.

Don't become the new Otzi. Use common sense and still buy Gillette shaving products. B-)

Anyways... Here's a realistic chain of events on what happens when you boycott Gillette products:

When you boycott Gillette products because you're a hardcore Bills fan, you don't shave.

When you don't shave, you grow a beard.

When you grow a beard, people think you're a hockey player.

When people think you're a hockey player, people think you're tough and can stand cold weather.

When people think you're tough and can stand cold weather, word gets around.

When word gets around, the government finds out.

When the government finds out, you get sent to Siberia.

When you get sent to Siberia, you freeze to death.

When you freeze to death, you turn into an ice cube and get buried under miles of snow.

When you turn into an ice cube and get buried under miles of snow, you get found thousands of years later.

When you get found thousands of years later, you become the new Otzi.

Don't become the new Otzi. Use common sense and still buy Gillette shaving products. B-)

LOL, I love it :thumbsup: Do you work for Directv?

I use a Gillette Fusion. Always have and I won't change now because 30 cents of my purchase may go toward the naming rights for tne Patriots stadium. Buncha crazies up in here, whether this post is serious or not

I started using that about a year or so ago. I thought the same as somebody above - WTF - who needs 5 blades..............But, it's great!

Guys, this may be too petty, but do any others avoid buying gillette products so that you are not feeding in to the evil empire? As I stand in the grocery store, I look at my choices, and I get sick when I see gillette and realize that Marcia is going to receive a lot of that dough. I'm not even sure if Kraft still owns Gillette, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is at least on the board. Anyway, this is a call to boycott ALL gillette products!!

I was like that for a long time.

Then I grew up a little. While I respect it, because hey, I did the boycott too. It's pretty childish.

It's just a team at the end of the day.

I started using that about a year or so ago. I thought the same as somebody above - WTF - who needs 5 blades..............But, it's great!

I was thinking about getting a Fusion when I run out of Mach 3 blades. You guys like it?

And if you don't like the Giants do you have to avoid the Mara girls' movies? If you don't like the Falcons do you stay away from Home Depot? If you don't like the Packers you give up cheese?

I'm serious about the Fusion question.

Edited by Ennjay