"Can't we all just get along?"

Just Jack

Sad. In 6 ft of water and had to wait for police to get there.

No ****. I mean. Seriously, it should be illegal not to teach your children to swim.

Besides the LA riots, this guy had led a pretty amazing life. I would never have wanted to walk his shoes.

No ****. I mean. Seriously, it should be illegal not to teach your children to swim.

Besides the LA riots, this guy had led a pretty amazing life. I would never have wanted to walk his shoes.

The funny thing is that he had a pool by his house? Can't swim? :wallbash:

Maybe that isn't it... But I see the crazyness all the time... People that swim like rocks, yet they are attracted to the water like a fly to honey! WTF gives?

A few years back... Around the Chicago area, teens staying at a camp decided to steal boat on the Fox river... It was winter, they couldn't swim, and the plug (being winter) wasn't in the boat... WTF? They drowned. :blink:

The worst ones are the people that the hero in them overcomes them and they jump into the water to "save someone." AND they can't swim, let alone try and pull off a swimming rescue!

The funny thing is that he had a pool by his house? Can't swim? :wallbash:

Maybe that isn't it... But I see the crazyness all the time... People that swim like rocks, yet they are attracted to the water like a fly to honey! WTF gives?

A few years back... Around the Chicago area, teens staying at a camp decided to steal boat on the Fox river... It was winter, they couldn't swim, and the plug (being winter) wasn't in the boat... WTF? They drowned. :blink:

The worst ones are the people that the hero in them overcomes them and they jump into the water to "save someone." AND they can't swim, let alone try and pull off a swimming rescue!

He could swim, the fiancé couldn't. It had to be an epic wait for the police. I agree it's better not to create a second victim but it's 6 feet of water.... Hell, get a neighbor. I don't know... Seems sad that just waiting was the best bet in a situation where the water was that shallow

Sorry for another Howard Stern reference... but this past week robin quivers steered off her news segment with her yearly plea to the African American public to teach their kids to swim...

I had thought the same thing.

And beyond that, after Henry Hill and now Rodney, that's 2 pretty damn good guests of the show. Are they on vacation next week?

He seemed like a pretty likable guy on the Dr.Drew show once he sobered up...

I agree with the sentiments on swimming...I don't understand how so many people can not know how to swim...it boggles my mind. His fiancee should have at least been able to make an effort to get him out of the water...because she couldn't swim, there was absolutely no chance. (At least that's what it seems based on the article.)

I was reading the article sort of fast, and the writer didn't have much of a segue from the cops showing up at his house and talking about how "A bystander videotaped much of the incident from a distance. The footage showed four LAPD officers severely beating King, striking him 56 times with their night sticks" At first I was like, WTF this dude can't catch a break!!!

I know cops went overboard, but I always thought he was a big p#*@k. Excessive speeding thru residential neighborhoods and leading police on a wild goose chase, resisting arrest. He was far from innocent.

Oh, I don't think a lot of people are shedding any tears that he died, but for a little while he was/is a notable figure in history.