Why we all oughta hope Stevie Johnson acts a lot this year..

Hplarrm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meaning that when he scores a TD (and we hope he scores alot) he chooses to ACT like he has been there before and does not throw in the antics which earned him and his teamates a couple of penalties last year1

and while we're at it, please ban all this "sack dancing." in my day, you tackled the quarterback and that was it. nowadays, guys do the electric slide, the tootsie roll, the dougie, the mashed potato, the cotton eyed joe, the humpty dance, the lean back, the stanky leg, the meatstick, the peanut butter jelly time, and the shimmy shimmy. then they wave their jerseys over their heads like a helicopter and download some apps off of the youtube before returning to the huddle.

and don't even get me started on those cheerleaders!

Edited by Dirtbag

Meaning that when he scores a TD (and we hope he scores alot) he chooses to ACT like he has been there before and does not throw in the antics which earned him and his teamates a couple of penalties last year1

I wouldn't count on it. I saw him on NFL Channel's 32 teams in 32 days. On there he said he was working on some new moves and would have some new stuff this year. He even plans to put out a vid with some ideas for fans to comment on.

So I look for the flags to continue.

He's now a marked man. Like if Charles Manson (not comparing SJ to Manson or the seriousness of the crimes) were to get released from prison, he would get arrested if he spit on the sidewalk. Cops (refs in SJ's case) will be looking for any excuse to ring him up.

On the show too he was wearing his Bills baseball cap with the bill turned up like Gomer used to do in Mayberry. The man is hooked on attention.

T.O. told Stevie "kid in 2 years it will be contract time, like in politics you need league wide name recognition, if you want to get paid." Stevie picked up his game (as they all do at contact time)and added some "crazy ****" to the act. He got paid, we're good to go.

On the show too he was wearing his Bills baseball cap with the bill turned up like Gomer used to do in Mayberry. The man is hooked on attention.

not for nothing, but he was also wearing a pair of snug-fitting chino slacks like the professor in gilligan's island. classic media-whore.

as long as he runs over to the bench first then everything is ok

This is such an easy answer to the problem. Why do this BS in the EZ? Run out of the EZ and stand around the goal line 5 yards out of bounds. They couldn't flag you for that. These guys did go to college didn't they?

In the business world we call this "thinking outside of the box".

and while we're at it, please ban all this "sack dancing." in my day, you tackled the quarterback and that was it. nowadays, guys do the electric slide, the tootsie roll, the dougie, the mashed potato, the cotton eyed joe, the humpty dance, the lean back, the stanky leg, the meatstick, the peanut butter jelly time, and the shimmy shimmy. then they wave their jerseys over their heads like a helicopter and download some apps off of the youtube before returning to the huddle.

Sorry, but I would love to see the "lights out" dance about 10-15 times this year.

I was OK with Bruces BIG MAN WALK

I watched the 32 in 32 piece with Stevie, too. He's not a media whore. He's having fun. You can see it.As long as he's smart about it, I DON'T CARE.

This. God forbid players actually act like they enjoy being out there, performing for their teammates and fans.

As I noted in the other thread, if Stevie does anything to incur a penalty he's a moron. His plans include doing something akin to the "salsa dance" Victor Cruz does, that is not flag-worthy.

This. God forbid players actually act like they enjoy being out there, performing for their teammates and fans.

As I noted in the other thread, if Stevie does anything to incur a penalty he's a moron. His plans include doing something akin to the "salsa dance" Victor Cruz does, that is not flag-worthy.

I agree let the kid have fun. People take this game too seriously, it's entertainment and nothing more.

But he HAS incurred penalties and HAS hurt his team. So when a player repeatedly demonstrates that he doesn't understand where the line is between penalty and non-penalty, how can you continue to dismiss the same continued behavior under the silly "he's having fun" excuse? How much "fun" does his defense have defending a short field because they had to kick off from the 20 again?

But he HAS incurred penalties and HAS hurt his team. So when a player repeatedly demonstrates that he doesn't understand where the line is between penalty and non-penalty, how can you continue to dismiss the same continued behavior under the silly "he's having fun" excuse? How much "fun" does his defense have defending a short field because they had to kick off from the 20 again?

I was directly addressing comments about the way Stevie was dressed and his comments on the show last night.

Obviously, he needs to learn not to put his team in a bad position -- I didn't think that needed to be said.

I've asked this before, but I never read an answer: is that rock on his face a stick-on, or is it anchored in? Too high up to be pierced, no?

I think Stevie j is a cool dude. He is the face of the franchise right now. I wont call him a diva since I believe he truly does the things he does simply for humor, and to engage with the fans - not because he craves the attention. Similar to eightfive, but in a less self centered manner.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land