(OT) Is There Any Yankees News?

R. Rich

Just heard that there is a deal between the Yankees & Diamondbacks. But, the papers have to be sent to Bud Selig to be approved.

I wont believe it until I see the press conference introducing the Big Unit wearing a yankee shirt.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Yeah, the Yankees were demoted to AAA for failure to win a World Series... picking up Johnson means that they can now merge with Columbus, where left handed pitching IS AVAILABLE! :(

1960!!

Anyone know what's going on with the Yankees? C'mon, now.  We just have to know!!

186241[/snapback]

( I hope that question was sarchastic) Javier Vazquez, CASH, minor leaguer 4 Randy Johnson. :( DAAAmmm n I hate those Spankeees!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Ya, the yankees' payroll looks like it will exceed 200 million this year after they sign carlos beltran. What a friggin joke!  :(

186396[/snapback]

The joke is on THEM if they don't win a World Series... It is COMICAL!! :devil:

Steinbrenner will blow a gasket again, ESPECIALLY if the Red Sox repeat! hehe

The joke is on THEM if they don't win a World Series... It is COMICAL!!  :(

Steinbrenner will blow a gasket again, ESPECIALLY if the Red Sox repeat! hehe

186409[/snapback]

First I don't see it as a joke that GS chooses to put his dollars back into his franchise rather than in his pocket. I love it! Jealous haters!!

Second, the Red Sux will NOT repeat....That statement is the most comical of all. :devil:

First I don't see it as a joke that GS chooses to put his dollars back into his franchise rather than in his pocket. I love it! Jealous haters!!

Second, the Red Sux will NOT repeat....That statement is the most comical of all.  :devil:

186420[/snapback]

Jealous haters? That's funny. Myself, being a red sox fan have absolutely nothing to be jealous of as I continue to bask in the glory that is the 2004 world championship. The only thing I'm jealous of are the red sox fans that got to attend games 4,5,6, and 7 of the ALCS, and see the look on the yankees' faces as well as their fans!!

:(

Jealous haters? That's funny. Myself, being a red sox fan have absolutely nothing to be jealous of as I continue to bask in the glory that is the 2004 world championship. The only thing I'm jealous of are the red sox fans that got to attend games 4,5,6, and 7 of the ALCS, and see the look on the yankees' faces as well as their fans!! 

:devil:

186426[/snapback]

If Sox fans aren't jealous then why do they continually bring things the Yankees do up? If all you have to do is bask in your glory then I guess I can say that I'm basking in the glory of winning 4 out of the last 8. So we were one pitcher away from a sweep of the sox. Big deal, you got us this year but we'll see what happens next. :(

better yet, the other owners should take after big old georgie and invest all thier money into their teams rather than pocketing it and putting out an inferior product. old george tries to put out the best team he can, within the rules, and for the most part it seems to work for him.

Total joke. But until baseball does something about it there not going to stop. And now teams have to spend all that money just to compete

186404[/snapback]

I heard that even the Yankees think the Yankees have spent enough and aren't going to sign Beltran. They will pay a 40% luxury tax on top of a $200 million plus payroll for the 2005 season and that's without Beltran. As far as total contract value goes, they have over $250 million committed to just 5 players over the next few years. Unless they get rid of Kevin Brown and his $15 million salary and Jason Giambi and the $80 million he is still owed, the Yankees are done signing players for now. They do play by the rules and they just try and put the best team on the field every year within those rules. End of story.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Second, the Red Sux will NOT repeat....That statement is the most comical of all.  :(

186420[/snapback]

It IS a joke; the whole SALARY SYSTEM is a total joke. All right then, give EVERY TEAM 200 million dollars and see what happens. Ohh NOOO, can'ty do that... then the YANKEES may NEVER win the World Series again! :devil:0:)

The most comical of all is seeing the Yankees FAIL as their PAYROLL goes UP and UP. Pretty soon, 'GS' will be Peter Angelos.... Hell, he's almost there!! 0:)

1960!!

Boston Red Sox = one hit wonders. They show up once then fade away for 86 years.

186951[/snapback]

I'm sure if they had a 200 million dollar payroll they would be around more often.

Yeah sure, their payroll is 150 million or so, but 200 million is still another 50 million.

Anyone know what's going on with the Yankees? C'mon, now.  We just have to know!!

186241[/snapback]

yes yes yes there is always yankee news. Rumor has it they have bought the padres team. Their minor leagues are bone dry of prospects, you understand. They also have an option on the devil rays . I mean, after all, why should cameron and baldelli languish in that cultural wasteland. They deserve the Big Apple and the Big Apple demands them. The other d-rays will be used as trade bait for other cash strapped franchises to off load contracts and super stars to be thart they know they can not afford. The yankee dream is to field a team of superstars and win always. The beloved Red Sox and other valorous defenders of truth and justice have only the consolation that it now requires the WS Champion to win three series. By the by, who did win the WS?

better yet, the other owners should take after big old georgie and invest all thier money into their teams rather than pocketing it and putting out an inferior product.  old george tries to put out the best team he can, within the rules, and for the most part it seems to work for him.

186454[/snapback]

Abysmally ignorant argument. no other team comes even close to the Yankee financial advantage. It is especially ignorant for a bills fan whose team can only compete due to salary cap regulations. The yankees have a multi-million dollar radio/tv revenue. the red sox are a distant ,distant second Ny starting pitching, starters only are over 100,000,000!!!! ny's payroll will top 200,000,000! The next is the Red Sox @ 120,000,000, The Mets, Dodgers and Angeyls ( gee you think that LA and NYC matter)are all slightly above 100,000,000. If the Bills were a baseball team how would they fare. Ergo it impossible to be a Bills fan AND a Yankee fan-

Abysmally ignorant argument. no other team comes even close to the Yankee financial advantage. It is especially ignorant for a bills fan whose team can only compete due to salary cap regulations. The yankees have a multi-million dollar radio/tv revenue. the red sox are a distant ,distant second  Ny starting pitching, starters only are over 100,000,000!!!! ny's payroll will top 200,000,000! The next is the Red Sox @ 120,000,000, The Mets, Dodgers and Angeyls ( gee you think that LA and NYC matter)are all slightly above 100,000,000. If the Bills were a baseball team how would they fare. Ergo it impossible to be a Bills fan AND a Yankee fan-

187051[/snapback]

Are you for real? The Sox payroll is the second highest and you're bitching about the Yankees? You are rediculous! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: If the Yankees didn't have a winning product and tradition then none of the other revenue you speak of would matter. If the Yankees didn't win consistently then they wouldn't have the support they get. Success breads dollars and dollars bread success. So don't get all high and mighty as a Sox fan talking about the Yankees payroll when theirs is also way higher than 90% of baseball. And to think that you can't be a Bills fan and Yankees fan is even more idiotic. You're from Boston area right? Oh, that explains it. :pirate:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Hey, the Buccos have a shot!!! Believe me, the National League WILL BE BACK. I HATE Washington for choosing that damn name, the Nationals. that's what you CALL NL players!! They musta had Marion Berry as a consultant on that one! :pirate:

Are you for real? The Sox payroll is the second highest and you're bitching about the Yankees? You are rediculous!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  If the Yankees didn't have a winning product and tradition then none of the other revenue you speak of would matter. If the Yankees didn't win consistently then they wouldn't have the support they get. Success breads dollars and dollars bread success. So don't get all high and mighty as a Sox fan talking about the Yankees payroll when theirs is also way higher than 90% of baseball. And to think that you can't be a Bills fan and Yankees fan is even more idiotic. You're from Boston area right? Oh, that explains it.  :(

187072[/snapback]

the red sox can compete so can a few very few others. the red sox win will last me a lifrtime. the choke job the most glaring in history will keep yankee fans at bay for years . 2004 trumps 1918. you miss the point or more likely you avoid the point that baseball should not be like the stock exchange, investment houses, broadway etc. it is true the red sox have resources (220 mil in revenue) and yankees boast 315 mil or to put it in terms of strength 70 mil in salaries to RJ, DJ, A-Rod and Moose and still!!! have a 25 mil cushion. My family moved to buffalo in 1960 from massachusetts so i am since age 16 a bills fan. the red sox part is part of my being; the bills i chose. by the way try to be more specific than way higher if only because if you looked at the statistics you would change your mind