Dating somebody from work

/dev/null

Dating somebody from work  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Dating somebody from work

• Good idea
    • Bad idea

To put it in football terms - its like ignoring field position and clock and going for it on 4th early in the game on your own side of the field. Sure it can work but if it doesn't the risk/reward ratio is far worse then average. Use smarter playcalling. Even if it works, it's only a good result in hindsight not a good choice. I'm amazed anyone has voted good going into it.

I will say hotness will have an inverse relationship to distance to go - a 10 is "and inches" where an 2 would leave you going for 4th and 8

Edited by NoSaint

how big is the company, how much intersection/interaction is there between your two jobs. I work in a 4 story building with 2000+ people and i can go days without seeing 'people' here, and the 'people' and i don't have any common friends here nor do our jobs interact with the others. Just be smart about it and leave the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff at home and be co-workers at work...

how big is the company, how much intersection/interaction is there between your two jobs. I work in a 4 story building with 2000+ people and i can go days without seeing 'people' here, and the 'people' and i don't have any common friends here nor do our jobs interact with the others. Just be smart about it and leave the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff at home and be co-workers at work...

i get that, but even in an ideal situation, lines get blurred. when she complains to her work friends, it could be someone that does have that authority that now views you in a different light for example. basically the key to what your saying is distance - and the ultimate distance is to date outside of work (honestly i stay out of the industry im in as a general rule).

even on a friend level, i try to keep a certain distance or seperation though. theres obviously networking and such, but partying, dating, anything that can bring drama... that stays away from my paycheck.

Edited by NoSaint

I try to never date anyone from work. Work is work,and I never want a girl to bring drama to me at work. But key word is try- I have my moments of weakness and have tagged plenty of girls I work with. Perks of the restaurant business

If you're under the age of 25, then go for it. Turnover is sufficiently high at that age that she or you will probably leave soon enough, and you're not really jeopardizing much in the first place. After that, such youthful indiscretions are frowned upon.

If you do get involved, you'll have to keep it a secret. And whats the point of bagging the hot chick in the office if you can't tell all the guys?

If you're under the age of 25 35, then go for it. Turnover is sufficiently high at that age that she or you will probably leave soon enough, and you're not really jeopardizing much in the first place. After that, such youthful indiscretions are frowned upon.

Fixed

If you do get involved, you'll have to keep it a secret. And whats the point of bagging the hot chick in the office if you can't tell all the guys?

That's half the fun of an office affair; the sneaking around while trying to keep it a secret, creating excuses to get her down to your office for a few minutes, meeting for a drink after work at a place your co-worker don't frequent, etc. Of course, the secret ALWAYS gets out. First a couple of her friends figure it out, then you tell one of your buddies, and eventually it becomes the worst kept secret in the office. Such fun and games for the young!

First: Eating the company lasagna.....bad idea.

Second: Working in a restaurant and eating a different flavor or company lasagna every night.......required.

Third: Check your companies policy for dating. I just took a sexual harassment course and that came up.

Just play it cool. I've dipped my pen in the company ink on a few occasions and never had a problem. Why? Because I let them know up front that discretion was important and I didn't get weird afterward. I even ended up marrying one of them. I say go for it, but be smart about it.