HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

http://adiaryofamom.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/securedownload-11.jpeg

I've seen a lot of these and it really puts it in perspective.

One thing I noticed going to the HOF parade in Canton, is every time a US flag goes by, everyone stands. Around here in CNY, I can't remember seeing that happen. Sure they may for the first one to come through at the head of the parade, but that's it.

I hate the term "happy" memorial day. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

Memorial day is to honor dead servicemembers who sacrificed for us. Not much that is happy about that.

Everyone have a thoughtful memorial day and appreciate and remember those who sacrificed for you to enjoy the American way of life

Memorial day is one holiday that I don't want to be bastardized into something its not intended as being.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

I hate the term "happy" memorial day. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

Memorial day is to honor dead servicemembers who sacrificed for us. Not much that is happy about that.

Everyone have a thoughtful memorial day and appreciate and remember those who sacrificed for you to enjoy the American way of life

Memorial day is one holiday that I don't want to be bastardized into something its not intended as being.

Thanks for saying what I felt in a very well thought out manner.

Also thanks to everyone who takes a moment amidst the celebrations to remember our fallen Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and Coasties.