Espn afc east dream/nightmare case scenarios

Pretty much agree with assessment of bills. Gotta find out what we really have in fitz (I have plenty of doubt). With regard to runnig game I wouldn't say consistency is the issue freds health is. If he's in and healthy he's a model of consistency. Spiller is still an unknown. I'd also highlight injury risk even more, it's amazing how bad the bug bites us every year.

I don't see high probability for jets winding up in the best case scenario. They haven't addressed running game, and I don't care how many weights Sanchez lifts in the off season, he's still a bum. The only way out of the box is if their high risk/ high reward draft choices come up big.

What I dont get is how the defending afc champ pats end up with the weakest SOS. Don't get that at all.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=7967766

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

What I dont get at all is how the defending afc champ pats end up with the weakest SOS. Don't get that at all.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=7967766

This comes up over and over again every season. It's simple math--the Pats don't have to play themselves, so that takes two games off their schedule against a team that went 13-3. Instead, they play the Bills, a team that went 6-10, twice. Whereas the reverse is true for the Bills--they play the Pats, who were 13-3, instead of themselves at 6-10.

That's all there is to it. No conspiracy, just math.

To be fair, how do you fill up an entire off-season unless you and re-write the same crap?

PTR

not sure, but tim graham managed to not sound like a 6th grader doing the same job. i follow the guy (walker) on twitter, and you'd think he was some guy running his own blog that gets 14 hits a day. instead, he works for ESPN. mindboggling.

This comes up over and over again every season. It's simple math--the Pats don't have to play themselves, so that takes two games off their schedule against a team that went 13-3. Instead, they play the Bills, a team that went 6-10, twice. Whereas the reverse is true for the Bills--they play the Pats, who were 13-3, instead of themselves at 6-10.

That's all there is to it. No conspiracy, just math.

I get that but how does the team with best conference record get the team with the worst record 2&14 colts on the schedule ? Or 5&11 jags?

not sure, but tim graham managed to not sound like a 6th grader doing the same job. i follow the guy (walker) on twitter, and you'd think he was some guy running his own blog that gets 14 hits a day. instead, he works for ESPN. mindboggling.

When sports writers break down NFL teams they should state reasons for the team's success OR failure. In Buffalo's case, if the teams is great, it's because ; It's the fourth year for coach, good drafts over that span, emergence of Fitz, unstoppable Fred. Yada yada.

If Buffalo fails; Fitz is inacurate, didn't re-sign D.Bell in off-season, injuries take toll like every year, can't stop run, Stevie drop's ball too much.

This way, the reader get's a better breakdown of a team, and the writer admit's he/she can't REALLY see into the future, but has a grasp of how the process of the building a specific team is going.

As much as this season could come down to Fitz's play, we now have a backup who could contribute also to winning or losing more, which is another set of shoulders to put our hopes on. I'd like to say that Gailey has a lot to do with this season, as well. The point I am suggesting is this: Sure, Fitz could play poorly and lose games for us, and put us out of contention, or Vince could come in and do the same - but, there are, in my opinion, enough weapons, now, on this team, that Gailey should have more than just a couple ways to play these guys as this season unfolds.

I contend that our schedule looks softer now than we've seen it in a long time. That's good luck for us, as our team is better looking now than it has been in perhaps 10 to even 20 years. HOWEVER - when it comes to our offense, I think, unless the players really go out and play up to their potential, as a whole team and for most of the season, we'll see defenses figuring us out and that will make it hard to watch - Fitz trying to force balls to recievers not open, and pass after pass when the talented RB's are there to be had.

No - I'd like to see Fitz in more of a game manager situation, where we utilize our young O-line and our two excellent RB's, and keep our defense fresh, eat up the clock, and run the ball. Pass off the run. THEN, switch to the 4 WR sets and the passing when we can make a lot out of it.

I'm saying with our schedule and with our team, we should be able to win 10 or 11 games this year - and I say we could do it easily if our defense is hot and we make running the ball our 1st offensive priority. I remember cleveland beat the Patriots a few years back when Mangini was there. Their strategy? Come out after halftime with a totally different game plan, so the time New England spent adjusting was for nought. It worked. Gailey should have a plan B and a plan C, AND BE WILLING TO SWITCH, and I think this team should easily make a wild-card, if not take the division.

Edited by sllib olaffub

...as a whole team and for most of the season, we'll see defenses figuring us out and that will make it hard to watch - Fitz trying to force balls to recievers not open, and pass after pass when the talented RB's are there to be had...

This will be the Buffalo Bills 2012 season because Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a starting NFL quarterback. And he never will be. He's barely a backup NFL quarterback.

It's that simple!!

As much as this season could come down to Fitz's play, we now have a backup who could contribute also to winning or losing more, which is another set of shoulders to put our hopes on. I'd like to say that Gailey has a lot to do with this season, as well. The point I am suggesting is this: Sure, Fitz could play poorly and lose games for us, and put us out of contention, or Vince could come in and do the same - but, there are, in my opinion, enough weapons, now, on this team, that Gailey should have more than just a couple ways to play these guys as this season unfolds.

I contend that our schedule looks softer now than we've seen it in a long time. That's good luck for us, as our team is better looking now than it has been in perhaps 10 to even 20 years. HOWEVER - when it comes to our offense, I think, unless the players really go out and play up to their potential, as a whole team and for most of the season, we'll see defenses figuring us out and that will make it hard to watch - Fitz trying to force balls to recievers not open, and pass after pass when the talented RB's are there to be had.

No - I'd like to see Fitz in more of a game manager situation, where we utilize our young O-line and our two excellent RB's, and keep our defense fresh, eat up the clock, and run the ball. Pass off the run. THEN, switch to the 4 WR sets and the passing when we can make a lot out of it.

I'm saying with our schedule and with our team, we should be able to win 10 or 11 games this year - and I say we could do it easily if our defense is hot and we make running the ball our 1st offensive priority. I remember cleveland beat the Patriots a few years back when Mangini was there. Their strategy? Come out after halftime with a totally different game plan, so the time New England spent adjusting was for nought. It worked. Gailey should have a plan B and a plan C, AND BE WILLING TO SWITCH, and I think this team should easily make a wild-card, if not take the division.

Forcing balls to receivers is what we want. He's a gambler gives his guys a chance to make big catch. The Anti-checkdown.

This will be the Buffalo Bills 2012 season because Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a starting NFL quarterback. And he never will be. He's barely a backup NFL quarterback.

It's that simple!!

Then who would you like at QB? Last year, I think only Gabbert and Ponder were out there. We still had better records then them. This year, no one was out there of significant importance. :wallbash: :wallbash:

To be fair, how do you fill up an entire off-season unless you and re-write the same crap?

PTR

Well, you could remodel your pre-teen's bedroom including chair rail, faux wainscoting, and repainting the nightstand and lamp with a beach scene.

Oh crap, that allows time to post on TBD while the paint's drying.

it says gailey may not be able to bring everything together in one year...its year 3! also it says IF CJ and fred can play consistantly, when havent they? Aside from the injury statement, nothing he said made sense. And what team wouldnt be affected by injury? right now i think we have more depth than new england at Dline,DB,RB and even QB