for the christian right who hates the poor!!!!!�

:blink: BTW, IM NOT A CHRISTIAN...

:blink: :blink: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Perhaps not, but you're certainly coming across like a 24 carat gold-plated ****.

Who the hell "hates the poor"? That's an absurd accusation. There are millions of people who thanks to BO have their righteous indignation fluffed up to a pique with their hatred of anyone more well off than themselves.

But as long as you've tipped over this spittoon, please explain just exactly how we became indebted to the poor?

If we owe them something, they must have done something to earn our indebtedness. What did I or anyone else for that matter do to incur this debt?

What was it? Is being "poor" somehow an inherently noble state the nature of which imbues one with a natural right to the property of others?

Is being "poor" measurable by any absolute scale - or is it relative? One could argue that the poorest American would be considered unbelievable wealthy by people living in Jesus' era.

And why are you calling out just the "christian right" as those "who hate the poor"? If there are such people - is that an exclusive position of that particular group? Muslims, Jews, atheists, and Zoroastrians need not apply? Tell me, do they get a little wallet card with the tenants of hatred written on them so they can review it regularly each time they pull out a credit card or in calm moments at home at night when they count their money by candlelight? I've never heard of such a group. Is membership free? If so - maybe the poor should sign up - it wouldn't cost anything. Then they could "hate the poor" too.

Hate the poor? No, I help the poor and despise the bigotry of those who recklessly accuse people they know nothing about of having dark and sinister motives because in their eyes some others have it a little better than they do.

I agree w/ DC Tom's level of acceptance of social programs.

For some number of participants, the assistance should be long-term; for others it must be temporary so as to provide impetus for addressing the factors that resulted in the original need. From my vantage point (taxpayer supporting the house of cards) it appears that the lure of freebies far out weighs the need for individual self-sustaining efforts to get out from under the programs siren call.

Proverbs 10:22 says, "The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, without painful toil for it."

Other passages in Proverbs about work:

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty" (14:23).

"Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. He who gathers crops in the summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son" (10:4,5).

"One who is slack in his work is a close relative of one who destroys" (18:9).

"Sluggards do not plow in season; so at harvest time they look but find nothing" (20:4).

"The cravings of sluggards will be the death of them, because their hands refuse to work" (21:25).

"I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of someone who has no sense; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest--and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man" (24:30-34).

1 Timothy 5:8 says that anyone who does not take care of his own family "has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

In Proverbs we're also told that, "A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children" (13:22).

2 Thessalonians 3:10 says, "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

Proverbs 22:7 says "...the borrower is slave to the lender."

"the blessing of the Lord brings wealth (Proverbs 10:22)."

"perfectly natural" for you, in no way implies " the natural order of things" which i don't think you'd recognize if it fell out of a tree onto your head.

you somehow find this offensive yet post homoerotic imagery on a semi- regular basis? haven't heard you call out loudly for censure of racist posters, either.

That's just an outright lie. What imagery have I posted other than cracking a few jokes when they were handed to me on a silver platter? My objection to MDP's posts are the length and the repetitive posting of the same subject in different threads. What does it have to do with the fact that I haven't called for someone that you may think is racist to be censured?

:blink: BTW, IM NOT A CHRISTIAN...

attention-seeking: attempting to attract the attention of other people, typically by disruptive or excessively extrovert behavior

From the Book of Mattel:

" Gives those Children who cry out for attention a bright, shiny object."