NFL Future Power Rankings

Anyone with ESPN Insider Acess that can post what was written about the Bills, please?

Here you go.

Buffalo Bills

LAST SEASON: 6-10 (fourth place AFC East)

The bar graphs reflect the average rating given by the voters for each category.

Category averages are weighted by importance to generate overall score.

Roster: The Bills made great strides in improving their roster through free agency, acquiring DE Mario Williams, and with a strong draft for this upcoming season and beyond. I still have my share of doubts about QB, but that position is excluded from this category. The defense could be elite, and is young behind players such as DT Marcell Dareus and CB Stephon Gilmore. -- Williamson

Quarterback: Will we see the Ryan Fitzpatrick of September, or the Ryan Fitzpatrick of November? Fully healthy, he could bounce back. If he's the answer, Buffalo is on the rise. Not 30 until November, he has time to perform. He has to stop the bad INTs. -- Dilfer

Draft: Can RB C.J. Spiller, Dareus and now Gilmore help us forget the whiff that was DE Aaron Maybin? I like their chances. Buffalo is headed in the right direction. -- Kiper

Front office: As proven this past offseason, the Bills' front office is doing a lot of things right of late. It should stay in place over the next few years and continue to strengthen an emerging roster. Finding the quarterback of the future will be a pivotal move for this group. -- Williamson

Coaching: Chan Gailey has done a very good job for the Bills and should be safe going forward. He has a good reputation for developing quarterbacks, which could be the next big project on his agenda after this season. On defense, Dave Wannstedt looks like an excellent candidate to oversee their transition to a 4-3 scheme, and he has a great cast with which to work. -- Williamson

Edited by Big Curt

Coaching: Chan Gailey has done a very good job for the Bills and should be safe going forward. He has a good reputation for developing quarterbacks, which could be the next big project on his agenda after this season. On defense, Dave Wannstedt looks like an excellent candidate to oversee their transition to a 4-3 scheme, and he has a great cast with which to work. -- Williamson

Based in what? He's been OK I guess, but I do not equate 4 - 12 and 6 - 10 as a very good job.

I am looking forward to seeing what the new D can do with all the draft picks, going back to the 4-3 and a D coordinator

who has a clue.

:thumbsup:

Based in what? He's been OK I guess, but I do not equate 4 - 12 and 6 - 10 as a very good job.

I am looking forward to seeing what the new D can do with all the draft picks, going back to the 4-3 and a D coordinator

who has a clue.

To think all you need in order to judge a coach is the W/L record is incredibly short-sighted. He doesnt execute the plays, he can only get the team ready and call the plays.

Compare his playcalling, and the intensity of the team, to when Jauron was here.

We are much much better with Gailey at the helm. Now the players just need to produce.

Maybe he can call some more runs, but that's about all I'd criticize.

who has a clue.

He has orchestrated a culture shift in the Bills' locker room, where winning is now expected rather than "hoped for." The players aren't stupid; they know the team lacked talent and depth when Gailey took over.

All of us are waiting for the work of the past 2.5 years to show itself in the W-L column, but that's not the true measure of what Gailey has accomplished since taking the job.

To think all you need in order to judge a coach is the W/L record is incredibly short-sighted. He doesnt execute the plays, he can only get the team ready and call the plays.

Compare his playcalling, and the intensity of the team, to when Jauron was here.

We are much much better with Gailey at the helm. Now the players just need to produce.

Maybe he can call some more runs, but that's about all I'd criticize.

Really. I'm sorry, but 10 wins over 2 seasons doesn't get a "very good" from me.

Having the worst D in the league 2 years running also doesn't get a high mark from most people.

I just don't see a great NFL coach when I look at Gailey. Did you see how this team went in the tank 2nd half of

last season? Miami beat Buffalo and their coach STILL got fired.

I agree. As of this moment, Chan hasn't shown "very good". Is he at fault? Not entirely. But responsibility starts at the top. Nix and Chan are every bit as responsible for 10-22 as the players are.

Replacing Edwards was a big step forward, but he has to take the hit for putting him in the role of DC the first place, like Andy Reid has to account for his abysmal DC.

Really. I'm sorry, but 10 wins over 2 seasons doesn't get a "very good" from me.

Having the worst D in the league 2 years running also doesn't get a high mark from most people.

I just don't see a great NFL coach when I look at Gailey. Did you see how this team went in the tank 2nd half of

And that last sentence just proves my point. Coaches are not judged by wins and losses alone, nor should they be.

Replacing Edwards was a big step forward, but he has to take the hit for putting him in the role of DC the first place, like Andy Reid has to account for his abysmal DC.

Indeed.

I think we're heading in the right direction, but until results are achieved I can't claim that he, Nix, or the team as a whole are "very good".

Sounds like you would be happier if Miami fan or at least you can be fan of front office.

Andy Reid hired his abysmal DC and so did Gailey. At this point I'd say Gailey's mistake was more detrimental to the Bills than Reid putting his O-line coach at DC was to the Eagles.

That single move stopped whatever progress could have been made by this team over the past 2 seasons.

That was Gailey's decision and it wasn't sound.

Sounds like you would be happier if Miami fan or at least you can be fan of front office.

I don't hear that.

Did you see the three LTs and four Cs the Bills had to use during the 2nd half of the season? What team (or coach) could overcome that?

Anyone with ESPN Insider Acess that can post what was written about the Bills, please?

What's ridiculous is that the Jets are given a "5.5" at QB, while Buffalo is given a "4.25," one of the lowest of all teams. I don't think Fitz is better than Sanchez, but to rank him that much lower is ridiculous, given that both players will likely improve over the next three years.

Hold on a minute everyone. Yes, I believe we're better and I think 6 & 10 is about right unril we prove different. We were 5-2 and people belived in the Bills for the first time in years. Then we tanked. Until we show consistant winning, we'll always be picked down towards the bottom of the league. Any way, who cares about 2015? If I could predict the future, I'd be a very rich man.

Did you see the three LTs and four Cs the Bills had to use during the 2nd half of the season? What team (or coach) could overcome that?

A team with quality depth, a team that doesn't forget to build up the offensive line. ;)

Belicheck's first three years as a HC in Cleveland he was 6-10, 7-9, 7-9. I mean, that team probably lacked talent too. Year 4 he went to the playoffs. Not saying its the same thing, its not, but it is something to consider. Chan and Buddy knew the Bills needed an overhaul and they cut dead weight and began making moves toward a better, deeper team. This team is much better off than its been in a decade with these guys at the helm.

We only have 17 guys from the week 1 2009 week 1 roster still on this team. Thats a big turnover, and that takes time.

Edited by The Cincinnati Kid

A team with quality depth, a team that doesn't forget to build up the offensive line. ;)

C'mon, man, be real. What team has quality depth 3 and 4 down the depth chart? That's just silly.

IMO:

o The front office is in better shape.

o They seem to have a plan when drafting, and looking much better than Levy/Jauron.

o The roster is looking much better.

o The defense should be much improved, how much I can't say. Middle of the pack would be a HUGE improvement.

o Not sold on Fitz as QB. Inaccurate and too many picks for me.

o Not sold on Gailey as O coordinator. Too much passing for me. Half time adjustments?

o Special teams? I would refer to the Dallas paper ratings.

The biggest problem I see, is in the AFCE division. You are going to need to win the AFCE to have any real chance,

and I don't see Gailey getting over on a NE team with Brady at QB, being coached by the Hoodie.

Edited by SoCal-Surf