NFL Future Power Rankings

IMO:

o The front office is in better shape.

o They seem to have a plan when drafting, and looking much better than Levy/Jauron.

o The roster is looking much better.

o The defense should be much improved, how much I can't say. Middle of the pack would be a HUGE improvement.

o Not sold on Fitz as QB. Inaccurate and too many picks for me.

o Not sold on Gailey as O coordinator. Too much passing for me. Half time adjustments?

o Special teams? I would refer to the Dallas paper ratings.

The biggest problem I see, is in the AFCE division. You are going to need to win the AFCE to have any real chance,

and I don't see Gailey getting over on a NE team with Brady at QB, being coached by the Hoodie.

Beat them last year. Could be twice this year.

Beat them last year. Could be twice this year.

Yes they did, and I must admit it felt AWESOME.

I have sons 20 and 23 that don't remember Buffalo EVER having a winning season.

The bills rebuilt the team in 3 years. Chan\Nix said this when they were hired. This is the best looking team (on paper for now) that we have had in a long time and Chan\Nix's names are all over it. They got a good DC, I think they settled for Edwards cause nobody wanted to coach in B-lo at that time. We got the Stache and built up a solid group of guys on D. Especially on the D-line. They added alot of depth as well.

The offense was solid last year, injuries hit and we couldn't overcome that. We didn't have depth. Now we do. We are really only lacking a solid 2nd receiver. One might emerge from this group, and we actually have a decent TE in Chandler. This is the year the Bills will turn heads! It took 3 years. Granted his first 2 seasons weren't great, but thats what u get when you have to rebuild a team. Some do it faster, but we are on the RISE! :thumbsup:

Let's go B-lo!

Really. I'm sorry, but 10 wins over 2 seasons doesn't get a "very good" from me.

Having the worst D in the league 2 years running also doesn't get a high mark from most people.

I just don't see a great NFL coach when I look at Gailey. Did you see how this team went in the tank 2nd half of

last season? Miami beat Buffalo and their coach STILL got fired.

I agree with this 100%. People seem to have forgotten how unprepared the team looked over the second half of last season, the complete lack of confidence they displayed and Gailey's total lack of leadership. I still remember press conference after press conference with him saying things like "I don't have the answers", "If I knew what to do I'd do it", etc. I don't think you'd ever hear those kinds of things from Vince Lombardi's mouth... whether he knew what to do or not.

Gailey looks like a good OC but as a head coach he's got a lot of work to do. If the team doesn't compete for a playoff spot this season he could very well be on the hot seat given the raised expectations.

Really. I'm sorry, but 10 wins over 2 seasons doesn't get a "very good" from me.

Having the worst D in the league 2 years running also doesn't get a high mark from most people.

I just don't see a great NFL coach when I look at Gailey. Did you see how this team went in the tank 2nd half of

last season? Miami beat Buffalo and their coach STILL got fired.

It isn't "very good" but you are missing the point. The first season Gailey was here, he wasn't even putting "his team" on the field. It was a bunch of guys he inherited. So you can almost throw the whole first season away. If you took a job managing a construction site and there were already a bunch of terrible workers employed there, how much would you really get accomplished?? I am pretty sure you would want to hire some new people who are better. Also, the defense was horrible when Gailey got here as well. He obviously gave the wrong man the job (Edwards) and now he is being replaced as well. I am not saying he is a HOF coach, but he is a good coach for sure because he has made this team viable enough again where FAs are willing to come and play. After this season we will see how good he really is now that he has had a chance to trim some fat and build his own roster.

I guess some people are just going to believe what they want based on what a W-L record from 2 years ago means to them. <_<

It isn't "very good" but you are missing the point. The first season Gailey was here, he wasn't even putting "his team" on the field. It was a bunch of guys he inherited. So you can almost throw the whole first season away. If you took a job managing a construction site and there were already a bunch of terrible workers employed there, how much would you really get accomplished?? I am pretty sure you would want to hire some new people who are better. Also, the defense was horrible when Gailey got here as well. He obviously gave the wrong man the job (Edwards) and now he is being replaced as well. I am not saying he is a HOF coach, but he is a good coach for sure because he has made this team viable enough again where FAs are willing to come and play. After this season we will see how good he really is now that he has had a chance to trim some fat and build his own roster.

I guess some people are just going to believe what they want based on what a W-L record from 2 years ago means to them. <_<

Well, each is entitled to their own opinion. And I hate to seem like I'm defending Jauron, I'm not, but the defense was

actually right about average when Chan took over. They broke it down, went to the 3-4 that they couldn't run and didn't have players for, and now are reverting back.

Bills were like # 19 in yards/game and 15 in points/game on defense in 2009.

Defense was horrible after Chan took over.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go