Scott Walker Article

I would say that you are being swayed too easily to left wing propaganda

How is it left wing propaganda when, as noted above, any of us can actually take 20 minutes and listen to Scott Walker gush over "David Koch" and tell him how he plans to bust unions? As also noted above, please go ahead and feel free to prove any of the other facts I laid out as wrong if you'd like. I have an open mind if I'm wrong on something, but I must admit, on this one, I haven't heard much from credible sources that can get Walker over the sleeze hump I felt in listening to that call or seeing him in another video tell another out of state billionaire (Diana Hendricks) about his plan to "divide and conquer" the unions (public and private presumably) to turn Wis. into a right to work state. This statement was made a few months before the public union brouhaha.

Or a news story on that one in which Walker gets to defend himself (poorly)--I'll link to that one below, since the system is telling me I have too many video links to post at one. Looked to me personally like he's lying in that one--you can judge on your own, once again, since you can see his original conversation with Ms. Hendricks (another out of state billionaire) in both vids.

Anyone else get the impression that this guy only tells "the truth" when he's talking to his big money donors? That's what Barrett says in the local Fox news piece, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. Sure sounds that way to me based on the primary sources....

As promised:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. The stuff on the firemen, police, EMTs has been reported all over from the beginning ad nauseum--so no real need to link that. Please feel free to link something showing I'm wrong on that; and

Here's the link showing you're not 100% right:

http://www.politifac...scott-walker-a/

As for #1: I never really got the feeling that Walker knew who he was talking to, or at least not that he had had conversations with them in the past. But who knows.

I haven't heard anything on #3, so skipping it until I have time to look into it more. However, what's wrong with requiring voters to prove who they are?

As for #4 -- the guy went door to door to campaign...?? That's what we're complaining about? :unsure:

How is it left wing propaganda when, as noted above, any of us can actually take 20 minutes and listen to Scott Walker gush over "David Koch" and tell him how he plans to bust unions? As also noted above, please go ahead and feel free to prove any of the other facts I laid out as wrong if you'd like. I have an open mind if I'm wrong on something, but I must admit, on this one, I haven't heard much from credible sources that can get Walker over the sleeze hump I felt in listening to that call or seeing him in another video tell another out of state billionaire (Diana Hendricks) about his plan to "divide and conquer" the unions (public and private presumably) to turn Wis. into a right to work state. This statement was made a few months before the public union brouhaha.

youtube.com/watch?v=K1S_Pxw2n-U

Or a news story on that one in which Walker gets to defend himself (poorly)--I'll link to that one below, since the system is telling me I have too many video links to post at one. Looked to me personally like he's lying in that one--you can judge on your own, once again, since you can see his original conversation with Ms. Hendricks (another out of state billionaire) in both vids.

Anyone else get the impression that this guy only tells "the truth" when he's talking to his big money donors? That's what Barrett says in the local Fox news piece, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. Sure sounds that way to me based on the primary sources....

As promised:

youtube.com/watch?v=FDOKhqLguwg

What is wrong with making Wisconsin a right to work state? What is wrong that he is speaking with an out of state 'billionaire"?

I'm sorry, but centrists don't share your view, people of Wisconsin seem to be solidly behind Scott walker, and they believe he is doing well for their state. Any sound thinking person should look at the results of how he has saved that state so much money without raising taxes and be appreciative of his efforts. I would suggest listening to less extreme left wing outlets.

Edited by WorldTraveller

Here's the link showing you're not 100% right:

http://www.politifac...scott-walker-a/

As for #1: I never really got the feeling that Walker knew who he was talking to, or at least not that he had had conversations with them in the past. But who knows.

I haven't heard anything on #3, so skipping it until I have time to look into it more. However, what's wrong with requiring voters to prove who they are?

As for #4 -- the guy went door to door to campaign...?? That's what we're complaining about? :unsure:

Did you read your own link? Sounds to me like it proves my original point about who was exempted. You can make up your own mind about motivation.

He clearly thought he was talking to David Koch if you've listened to the audio link.

On 3, what harm are they trying to prevent? Bear in mind that the end result of those policies will very likely be that hundreds or thousands of eligible voters without ID will be turned away. Doesn't it strike you as scummy tt then close DMVs in poor areas while extending hours in favorable districts?

Finally, you seem to conveniently forget the part about then destroying as many copies of the paper with the negative op-Ed as they could find, usually by stealing all copies out of news dispensers.

What is wrong with making Wisconsin a right to work state? What is wrong that he is speaking with an out of state 'billionaire"?

I'm sorry, but centrists don't share your view, people of Wisconsin seem to be solidly behind Scott walker, and they believe he is doing well for their state. Any sound thinking person should look at the results of how he has saved that state so much money without raising taxes and be appreciative of his efforts. I would suggest listening to less extreme left wing outlets.

Problem is, he doesn't publicly take that position. In fact he's publicly said the opposite. On RTW....

Did you read your own link? Sounds to me like it proves my original point about who was exempted. You can make up your own mind about motivation.

I did. You apparently didn't. All firefighter/EMT/etc were exempted (for now?). Only a small number of them supported Walker. The bigger statewide unions endorsed Barrett, yet they're still exempt.

He clearly thought he was talking to David Koch if you've listened to the audio link.

I listened to it when it first came out, and I'm not convinced.

Based on your post, I can tell you already have your mind made up - you're not looking to be swayed one way or another, and that's fine. Just don't pretend that you are.

I did. You apparently didn't. All firefighter/EMT/etc were exempted (for now?). Only a small number of them supported Walker. The bigger statewide unions endorsed Barrett, yet they're still exempt.

That's what I got out of the link. So there's no issue there WRT favoring unions that mostly support him.

And ID should be required everywhere. It's an issue for libs for an obvious reason.

That's what I got out of the link. So there's no issue there WRT favoring unions that mostly support him.

And ID should be required everywhere. It's an issue for libs for an obvious reason.

Why do I have to show ID to buy alcohol? Tobacco ? A gun ? Shouldn't that just be my right

Isn't it good enough to just tell the cashier my name and age ? Shouldn't they just believe me

/sarcasm

Serious question--not trying to be political. What do people think of Walker exempting firefighter, EMT and police unions from his law (unions that either supported him or whose members typically vote Republican)? Or his attempts to require voter ID without any history of electoral fraud in his state and then trying to close down DMVs in urban areas while extending voting hours in suburban DMVs? Apparently that was only stopped from happening when a Democratic legislator noticed it and publicized it. Anyone else listen to all of the "faux Koch" audiotape and come away absolutely convinced that govt was indeed for sale and feel like they needed to take a shower with how obsequious Walker was being to someone who wasn't even a resident of his state?

I actually agree with some of what Walker is trying to do--public pensions are no longer market standard and need to go down, for ex., and state workers need to pay in more for what they get in terms of benefits--but this guy is just such a personally flawed standard bearer for any kind of message of change that even if I were inclined to support his positions I'd hesitate over supporting such a scuzzball, but that may just be me. (This is all not even mentioning his being bounced from school (rumors of cheating) or banned from Marquette Univ. politics for dirty tricks.)

BTW, dirtballs exist on the left, too, and I wouldn't support them either. On Memorial Day Richard Blumenthal's "stolen valor" claims of serving in Vietnam come to mind, for ex.....3.

1. As stated by another posted only the police supported Walker, firefighters did not.

2. If you see having to show ID when you do something as important as voting as a problem, you need help. My wife's 88 year old immigrant grandma that has never driven a day in her life has an ID for Christ's sake! The outrage of closures of DMV offices is complete hog wash.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OKSP800.htm

3. The fake Koch tape LOL!! The Koch brothers are the new boogeyman since Cheney is no longer in power. The tape was a whole lot of nothing.

4. So you agree with what he has done in terms of balancing the budget, but have such a problem with the man personally that you would vote for Barrett LMAO! Hey Governor Pat Quinn in Illinois has a reputation for being a hell of a nice guy, but he is running that state into the ground, you'd rather have the nice guy, than the guy who is a bold leader, good for you.

5. You went on latter to rant about Walker raising money from out of state donors, and Barrett isn't doing the same? Wasserman Schultz just sent out an email to all of the big dem voters about giving money to Barrett, he has seen a surge in fund raising as a result, I suppose you have a problem with that to?

I stand by my statement that you are a MSNBC viewer that gets all of his talking points about Scott Walker from Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz. I tune in to them from time to time when they discuss Wisconsin and it's the exact same crap you spewed in that first paragraph. Just like Barrett you don't focus on the results, but all of the other garbage instead. If you want to see a flawed individual look at our previous Governor Jim Doyle, the guy was doing such a piss poor job that he did not seek a 3rd term because he knew he would get his ass handed to him.

Edited by Wisconsin Bills Fan

Why do I have to show ID to buy alcohol? Tobacco ? A gun ? Shouldn't that just be my right

Isn't it good enough to just tell the cashier my name and age ? Shouldn't they just believe me

/sarcasm

Surely, eliminating needing ID for that stuff is coming, because it discriminates against the poor people.

1. As stated by another posted only the police supported Walker, firefighters did not. He basically exempted unions whose members vote conservative.

2. If you see having to show ID when you do something as important as voting as a problem, you need help. My wife's 88 year old immigrant grandma that has never driven a day in her life has an ID for Christ's sake! The outrage of closures of DMV offices is complete hog wash.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9OKSP800.htm

What exactly is the massive problem that this fix is designed to fix? Link please to a credible source proving widespread voter fraud. Best article I've seen was a study in SC showing basically showing potentially a few cases a year. For that you're going to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands nationwide? Really? Isn't this pretty obviously an attempt to suppress the votes of folks who don't vote like you want them to? Personally I see this as the inevitable backlash against changing demographics. I proposed a solution to a conservative friend that would fix this problem over a 2-3 election cycle (basically allow votes w/o ID this time, but give a warning and free IDs at polling station and then subsequently require IDs)--the fact that he wasn't interested told me all I needed to know about the real motivation here.

3. The fake Koch tape LOL!! The Koch brothers are the new boogeyman since Cheney is no longer in power. The tape was a whole lot of nothing. Not to me, and I listened to the whole thing. It showed that govt is indeed for sale in the US of A, welcome to a post-Citizens United World.....

i'm on an IPad so having formatting problems, but in response to 4, yes, character matters and Walker has none.

Barrett's fundraising isn't coming in chunks measured in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, but in smaller individual donations. Big difference to me. If you're all ready to become serfs that's your problem....

4. So you agree with what he has done in terms of balancing the budget, but have such a problem with the man personally that you would vote for Barrett LMAO! Hey Governor Pat Quinn in Illinois has a reputation for being a hell of a nice guy, but he is running that state into the ground, you'd rather have the nice guy, than the guy who is a bold leader, good for you.

5. You went on latter to rant about Walker raising money from out of state donors, and Barrett isn't doing the same? Wasserman Schultz just sent out an email to all of the big dem voters about giving money to Barrett, he has seen a surge in fund raising as a result, I suppose you have a problem with that to?

I stand by my statement that you are a MSNBC viewer that gets all of his talking points about Scott Walker from Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz. I tune in to them from time to time when they discuss Wisconsin and it's the exact same crap you spewed in that first paragraph. Just like Barrett you don't focus on the results, but all of the other garbage instead. If you want to see a flawed individual look at our previous Governor Jim Doyle, the guy was doing such a piss poor job that he did not seek a 3rd term because he knew he would get his ass handed to him.

ummm the capitalist is the welfare queen here, not labor. you see labor actually produces things and works. ya know 9-5.

checking your blackberry in the bahamas is not work... :censored:

Any exec would kill for those hours. Hell, I would prefer those hours.

Your understanding of work is on par with your comprehension of interest, investment and risk.

Your understanding of work is on par with your comprehension of interest, investment and risk.

Doesn't look like he's ready for Level 1.

do you know how to read? i said the capitalist, not managers!

what a !@#$ing idiot! :doh:

Dumbest post I've read today

Idiot.

cant handle truth?

your free ride is over !@#$!!!!!!!! :censored:

Dumbest post I've read today

Idiot.

but hey, what can i expect from someone who has koolaid as his pic...

oh yeah, youre a !@#$ing idiot! :doh: