what is the big tree inn like?

whats the big tree inn like?

what time does it open on sundays? how late are they open after the games?

do players come in after the game?

how are the wings? how are the girls?

atmosphere?

bar fights?

etc etc...

i am going to the miami night game on thursday! :beer: :beer: :beer:

i havent been to a game since 01 vs carolina. ive been to 4 games but all when i was younger...

whats the big tree inn like?

what time does it open on sundays? how late are they open after the games?

do players come in after the game?

how are the wings? how are the girls?

atmosphere?

bar fights?

etc etc...

i am going to the miami night game on thursday! :beer: :beer: :beer:

i havent been to a game since 01 vs carolina. ive been to 4 games but all when i was younger...

:blink:

BTI seems like a neighborhood bar that suffers the intrusions of game day. Players that appear after practice stay pretty low key, and patrons respect that. Don't count on girls, bar fights, etc. Although I'm sure you could get your @$$ kicked w/o too much trouble.

Sitting in the tree right now waiting to open up...

My (biased) description... Good comfortable sports bar with good food... Good party after the games usually some surprise visitors... A lot of history... I have stories many would never believe

Pretty decent bar because of it's location. Has above average wings of course. However, be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes for anyone who works there to approach your table for your order. Then, be prepared for your order to take about 60 more minutes to come out.

Other than that, you should have went to Duffs. Much better service.

Pretty decent bar because of it's location. Has above average wings of course. However, be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes for anyone who works there to approach your table for your order. Then, be prepared for your order to take about 60 more minutes to come out.

Other than that, you should have went to Duffs. Much better service.

I've worked at the big tree for 6 years and never heard these complaints. Go to duffs and have bad wings and bad service. The bartenders at Duff's are notoriously terrible, and have that reputation all around town. Certainly you have to take into consideration that you were likely at the bar on a bills home game weekend. We have people that rave about the bar, and come back year in and year out because we show them a fantastic time. People from around the world I must add.

Come back in this season for another try, I assure you that we will show you a fantastic time!

I've worked at the big tree for 6 years and never heard these complaints. Go to duffs and have bad wings and bad service. The bartenders at Duff's are notoriously terrible, and have that reputation all around town. Certainly you have to take into consideration that you were likely at the bar on a bills home game weekend. We have people that rave about the bar, and come back year in and year out because we show them a fantastic time. People from around the world I must add.

Come back in this season for another try, I assure you that we will show you a fantastic time!

:thumbsup:

Was just there last Friday night from Indianapolis. Was in town for a funeral, but have been going once a season for the last twenty years. The service is usually very good and the Golden Barbeque wings are awesome. Can't beat the old school feel, and I've seen several current and former players over the years. Not sure if it's coincidence or if he's a regular, but I've seen Reuben Brown at least four or five times, and talked to him a bit last week.

I grew up a few miles from BTI. I remember going in with my brother checking his pools etc., and had more than a few occasions talking to the old guys. My favorite memory was in the heyday when so many guys could have attitudes Andre "all world over the middle" Reid held the front door for me on two occasions where he was in his prime. It just seemed it was his way to be confident on the field, but humble off. I nev.er forgot that after meeting or talking to so many professional athletes later in life.

I haven't lived in The Southtowns for quite some time, but caught up with Andre at a Leadership Meeting for my company and he was just as gracious as he was opening the door for a 25 yr old kid in 1992.

This sounds tangential, but is one of the very fond memories I have of those great heroes of our past. I'm sure all of you could share more, but it was fun on Christmas Eve talking to Thurmon, etc.

The BTI is a staple of south buffalo..

Whoever had a wait in eating is not the norm, and duffs is not real buffalo food. I make my sisters and dad when they visit me down south bring me real buffalo food.

Is there anything better than a Mighty?

If you live in Buff you can't appreciate that comment. When you leave for twenty years you pay your sister real money to bring you frozen mightys and pizza subs. Just sayin.

I grew up a few miles from BTI. I remember going in with my brother checking his pools etc., and had more than a few occasions talking to the old guys. My favorite memory was in the heyday when so many guys could have attitudes Andre "all world over the middle" Reid held the front door for me on two occasions where he was in his prime. It just seemed it was his way to be confident on the field, but humble off. I nev.er forgot that after meeting or talking to so many professional athletes later in life.

I haven't lived in The Southtowns for quite some time, but caught up with Andre at a Leadership Meeting for my company and he was just as gracious as he was opening the door for a 25 yr old kid in 1992.

This sounds tangential, but is one of the very fond memories I have of those great heroes of our past. I'm sure all of you could share more, but it was fun on Christmas Eve talking to Thurmon, etc.

The BTI is a staple of south buffalo..

Whoever had a wait in eating is not the norm, and duffs is not real buffalo food. I make my sisters and dad when they visit me down south bring me real buffalo food.

Is there anything better than a Mighty?

Yes, yes there is.

I never understood the obsession with Mighty Crappo. Dog food in a tortilla.

I have nothing against the BTI. As a matter of fact, I used to eat there every Saturday afternoon before games. But lately, the service has been terrible. And when I say terrible, I mean, there basically isn't any. The wings, and bar itself are great. Nice. Homey. Can't beat it. However, I have been in there multiple times, when you get a seat toward that back, and you have to wait forever for someone to serve you. Usually OK, because you are almost always there with friends for Bills games anyway. So, you just walk up to the bar, and get what you need. Then, after you do get your order in, it seems to take forever. Again, no big deal, but after repeated experiences like this, it just gets old.

I'm not alone. All of the season ticket holders around me are from out of town. We used to meet there every Saturday from Philadelphia, Richmond, and New Hampshire. One guy is from Buffalo. We all think the same thing. Matter of fact, we discovered Danny's because of the service at Big Tree. The rumor from the local guy from Buffalo is that you don't get service at BTI anytime before the last local gets service.

Again, not a big deal. Just not for me. BTI is the coolest atmosphere in the area. Just be prepared to spend your whole night in there waiting for food. Duff's wings are good. Danny's are good. Hell, almost any non-chain wing place in Buffalo is good.

Me personally though, I'd rather go somewhere else, and it has nothing to do with food or atmosphere! Just one opinion.

Edited by Lv-Bills