Oil is Good, Oil is our Friend

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go read your post again, dumbass. You were discussing geology, not seismology. :wallbash:

No, I was discussing seismology. Though there are some blurred lines between that and geology sometimes.

So because I didn't offer a position to a guy who I was pretty sure would struggle in this business because of "gang style" tattoos on his neck is the reason we're in a crisis now? :lol:

BTW what crisis are we in now??

Are you really so stupid as to read "if everyone in the financial markets make decisions on hiring the same way you do no wonder we're in such a crisis" and get "we're in a crisis because you didn't hire a person with a tattoo on their neck"? Maybe you shouldn't answer that.

One is me saying you make snap, knee jerk decisions based on appearance. The other is complete nonsense. Though I'm sure it makes sense in your brain.

What investment firm are you hiring for anyway?

Its universally known that visible ink doesn't exactly dazzle prospective employers in the corporate world. Since its no secret that neck or face ink is a poor career move, choosing to get a neck tat is a clear indication of that individual's career aspirations. And its just downright trashy.

Hiring, training, and basically carrying a new employee who is unlikely to produce in their first 6 months, is a major investment. When you're making the decision and your money is on the line, we'll see how willing you are to choose between neck tat guy and an equally qualified applicant who looks the part.

Reminds me of a book I've been picking up more and more lately, Life at the Bottom, where Dalrymple describes liberal pride in non-judgmentalism as to the point of pure stupidity.

So then I guess most people in the financial world do make hiring decisions the same way Chef does. That explains a lot.

So then I guess most people in the financial world do make hiring decisions the same way Chef does. That explains a lot.

Chef is on the sales side and it's only normal that they would stick to people who look presentable. Back office/middle office folk or people who don't deal with clients are different issues altogether.

Chef is on the sales side and it's only normal that they would stick to people who look presentable. Back office/middle office folk or people who don't deal with clients are different issues altogether.

Now there's a much more reasonable response.

More along the lines of I'm proving that you're not very smart.

Good one Peewee. :lol:

So you go on a rant about how people like me making "knee jerk" hiring decisions is what's caused thefinancial crisis. And then you read meazza's post telling you what sector of the industry I'm hiring for and your reponse is. Oh.........never mind. No dude, you're not the smart one here.

Interesting how Emily Litella shows up again in this thread.

No, I was discussing seismology. Though there are some blurred lines between that and geology sometimes.

You're a !@#$ing idiot. You were discussing the impact of hydraulic pressure on bedrock. That's not seismology.

Yes, it explains how people with actual responsibility, who will be judged on their quantifiable results at the end of every business day, take hiring decisions a lot more seriously than some glorified admin working at a low rent school or hospital. You get no bonus points for taking a chance on someone with a neck tat and it working out. And if it doesn't work out you may very well be screwing your own bonus, tarnishing your reputation, or jeopardizing your career. Why would I take that chance?

Why don't you get a neck tat and test your theory that common sense and risk management are limited to the world finance. While you're at it, why don't you survey people with neck ink and figure out what the rest of us already know. In college I met approximately 0 people with neck tattoos. In my professional life I've met 0 people with neck tattoos. When I swing by other offices for meetings or to meet up with friends, 0 neck tattoos. Is this the biggest case of discrimination ever or are those with neck tattoos overwhelmingly lacking corporate aspirations?

Good one Peewee. :lol:

So you go on a rant about how people like me making "knee jerk" hiring decisions is what's caused thefinancial crisis. And then you read meazza's post telling you what sector of the industry I'm hiring for and your reponse is. Oh.........never mind. No dude, you're not the smart one here.

Interesting how Emily Litella shows up again in this thread.

I don't know you get you logic. I said he gave a much more reasonalble response. That's not the same as "Oh, never mind". Then again this is coming from the same person who says they made it on their own with little help. While in the same post tells us that their dad payed half their tuition and they leaned on DES when they were unemployed for a while.

I don't know you get you logic. I said he gave a much more reasonalble response. That's not the same as "Oh, never mind". Then again this is coming from the same person who says they made it on their own with little help. While in the same post tells us that their dad payed half their tuition and they leaned on DES when they were unemployed for a while.

Then please explain what made his response more reasonable.

And could you also explain your understanding of the difference between the words little and no.

And now he doesn't have to go to remedial English. You on the other hand seem to be hooked on Ebonics. He said he made it with a little help. His dad gave him some help and he took some unemployment benefits when he was out of work. Is there something wrong with that? I'm willing to bet that his dad told him that he'd help him but it wouldn't be a free ride. I'm also willing to bet he wasn't on unemployment for 99 weeks and looking for more.

And could you also explain your understanding of the difference between the words little and no.

Yes, you are wrong for not insisting that the 1% didn't pay all your tuition. Also, because you have some pride, you are a fool for not sucking as much money as you could from other people.

You're a !@#$ing idiot. You were discussing the impact of hydraulic pressure on bedrock. That's not seismology.

Oh dear god... I was discussing the impact of an earthquake on bedrock. I don't know where you get the idea hydraulic pressure was in there anywhere.

So lets just agree to disagree on this. I seismologist would study the earthquake. A geologist would study the bedrock.

Oh dear god... I was discussing the impact of an earthquake on bedrock. I don't know where you get the idea hydraulic pressure was in there anywhere.

So lets just agree to disagree on this. I seismologist would study the earthquake. A geologist would study the bedrock.

Okay. We can agree to disagree. I say geology, you say seismology.

All that does is confirm that you're still blisteringly ignorant on either subject.

And now he doesn't have to go to remedial English. You on the other hand seem to be hooked on Ebonics. He said he made it with a little help. His dad gave him some help and he took some unemployment benefits when he was out of work. Is there something wrong with that? I'm willing to bet that his dad told him that he'd help him but it wouldn't be a free ride. I'm also willing to bet he wasn't on unemployment for 99 weeks and looking for more.

Yes, you are wrong for not insisting that the 1% didn't pay all your tuition. Also, because you have some pride, you are a fool for not sucking as much money as you could from other people.

Next time you want to insult a persons spelling and grammar you might want to, at least, get the right word for a concept. I don't feel the need to take the time to proofread every thing I post. I think Phonics is the word you were looking for. Not to mention you would want to capitalize "hooked on" since it is referring to a title. I would stop correcting people's spelling and grammar and start working on your own.

I love how in the first paragraph you tell us that getting unemployment and help for tuition is fine. In the next anyone else who does it is a leach.

Okay. We can agree to disagree. I say geology, you say seismology.

All that does is confirm that you're still blisteringly ignorant on either subject.

Well then why don't you enlighten us.

Next time you want to insult a persons spelling and grammar you might want to, at least, get the right word for a concept. I don't feel the need to take the time to proofread every thing I post. I think Phonics is the word you were looking for. Not to mention you would want to capitalize "hooked on" since it is referring to a title. I would stop correcting people's spelling and grammar and start working on your own.

I love how in the first paragraph you tell us that getting unemployment and help for tuition is fine. In the next anyone else who does it is a leach.

I'm not sure where to begin. You think I don't know the difference between "Hooked on Phonics" and you being hooked on Ebonics? The rest of what you said is not indicative to what I said. You want these social programs but criticize the people that only use them as a short step up?

Well, for one, it started by giving context... Though I still don't agree.

As fore your other question. My point is the hypocrisy of complaining that people who are leaning on DES when they're unemployed, or get help paying for tuition are leaches when you got both of them yourself. Get it?