Oil is Good, Oil is our Friend

On the bright side, at least the energy sector isn't making foreign policy, like they did under Clinton. So that's an improvement.

i suspect that's one reason 90% of exxon's campaign contributions go to the republicans.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That didn't even make any sense. Let's add geology to the list of things you are absolutely !@#$ing clueless about.

Earthquakes would fall under seismology dipshit. Lets add that to the list of things you think you know about, but actually know little to nothing about.

Dude, you're really not that smart are you?

I think a person who would not hire an employee based on the fact they have a tattoo on their neck rather than on their record and ability to advise isn't very smart. Now, if you can refute my point and add some substance to the conversation please do.

I think a person who would not hire an employee based on the fact they have a tattoo on their neck rather than on their record and ability to advise isn't very smart. Now, if you can refute my point and add some substance to the conversation please do.

Let me ask you a question. Would you hand a guy a check for $250,000 to be invested for you to a guy with a tattoo on his neck???

I'll let you think a little bit about your geology vs seismology point with Tom so you can come up with why I think you're not very smart.

Let me ask you a question. Would you hand a guy a check for $250,000 to be invested for you to a guy with a tattoo on his neck???

I'll let you think a little bit about your geology vs seismology point with Tom so you can come up with why I think you're not very smart.

That would depend on his record and ability to advise. If he had a good record and I felt that he advised well, then yes, I would had a check to a guy with a tattoo on his neck. If that is the only reason that a potential investor refused to hand him a check they're just as stupid as you are.

As for my point with Tom about geology and seismology... I don't think you really know where you're going with it.

That would depend on his record and ability to advise. If he had a good record and I felt that he advised well, then yes, I would had a check to a guy with a tattoo on his neck. If that is the only reason that a potential investor refused to hand him a check they're just as stupid as you are.

As for my point with Tom about geology and seismology... I don't think you really know where you're going with it.

To your first point someone with a tattoo on his neck would have very little track record seeing most people would not give him a check of any size to invest. There's a reason why people with tattoos on their neck don't exist in this business.

I'll leave your second point to you and Tom.

To your first point someone with a tattoo on his neck would have very little track record seeing most people would not give him a check of any size to invest. There's a reason why people with tattoos on their neck don't exist in this business.

I'll leave your second point to you and Tom.

1) If those in the financial markets all make decisions on hiring the same way you do no wonder we're in such a crises.

2) That's because you are unable to make a point yourself.

this fracking debate illustrates the paradox of the term "conservative". faced with data suggesting possible catastrophic environmental effects, they adopt the hypothesis that there is no problem and set out to prove that or just ignore it because that's in their own best interest. liberals adopt the hypothesis that it's potentially harmful and urge caution while attempts are made to either prove or disprove the hypothesis in an attempt to safeguard the greater good. which approach is really "conservative"?

I !@#$ing LOVE getting lecutured about how "looks dont count" from the same !@#$s who inject race or sexual preference into every !@#$ing discussion about every !@#$ing social topic imaginable.

"Looks dont count"...tell that to George Zimmerman or Fat Nick.

Edited by RkFast

Earthquakes would fall under seismology dipshit. Lets add that to the list of things you think you know about, but actually know little to nothing about.

Go read your post again, dumbass. You were discussing geology, not seismology. :wallbash:

1) If those in the financial markets all make decisions on hiring the same way you do no wonder we're in such a crises.

So because I didn't offer a position to a guy who I was pretty sure would struggle in this business because of "gang style" tattoos on his neck is the reason we're in a crisis now? :lol:

BTW what crisis are we in now??

Its universally known that visible ink doesn't exactly dazzle prospective employers in the corporate world. Since its no secret that neck or face ink is a poor career move, choosing to get a neck tat is a clear indication of that individual's career aspirations. And its just downright trashy.

Hiring, training, and basically carrying a new employee who is unlikely to produce in their first 6 months, is a major investment. When you're making the decision and your money is on the line, we'll see how willing you are to choose between neck tat guy and an equally qualified applicant who looks the part.

Reminds me of a book I've been picking up more and more lately, Life at the Bottom, where Dalrymple describes liberal pride in non-judgmentalism as to the point of pure stupidity.

Edited by Jauronimo

Its universally known that visible ink doesn't exactly dazzle prospective employers in the corporate world. Since its no secret that neck or face ink is a poor career move, choosing to get a neck tat is a clear indication of that individual's career aspirations. And its just downright trashy.

Hiring, training, and basically carrying a new employee who is unlikely to produce in their first 6 months, is a major investment. When you're making the decision and your money is on the line, we'll see how willing you are to choose between neck tat guy and an equally qualified applicant who looks the part.

Reminds me of a book I've been picking up more and more lately, Life at the Bottom, where Dalrymple describes liberal pride in non-judgmentalism as to the point of pure stupidity.

Throughout my entire working career after college, there has always been one obvious truth: in the business world, people who modify their body with things like ink or those stupid earlobe rings or piercings (particularly, things you can always see regardless of what you're wearing) almost ALWAYS hit a career wall. People don't care if the person getting their burger or pouring their beer has a 2" hole in their earlobe and stud in their tongue, but they don't want to look at it across a conference room table or during any public presentation that isn't about surfboards, scooters or UFC.

Yes, there are exceptions. However, if you are unable to realize this very simple truth, then I suggest you shut up, get my burger and refill my beer.

Edited by LABillzFan

heard an interview with a local mayor. several areas have put moratoriums on "man camps". rent for a single room in a house is up to $2k/month and many workers are living in poorly insulated trailers in n dakota where temps reach neg double digits in the winter. not even mentioning the environmental and health concerns to the l0ocal population. but yeah, i can see why you'd consider it a great economic success. unfettered greed working it's magic again. i'll resist calling you a schoolyard name.

I have a friend who is a what you might call and boom town consultant, he helps municiplaties and private companies alike manage these huge influxes of workers- given the housing and infrastructure challenges both short-term (lack of), and long-term (when the boom eases, how to avoid building for overcapacity later).

He said it is crazy. McDonald's paying 20 bucks an hour, truck drivers making 80-90K wiht little to no expenses- although the rent of rooms is high, the money is so good it is not gouging in the tradiotnal sense.

He said is it also hard to get people to come up there are work, even with very high pay, many workers are stuck in underwater homes and other don;t want to work that hard nor deal with that cold winters.

Crazy stuff

Not to be that guy but canola oil has lots of health issues. Olive oil works just as well and is about the same price. Do yourself a favor stick with the olive oil

Olive oil has a low smoke point, you moron. How can you deep fry, stir fry, or perform any high heat cooking with olive oil? Get your head out of your ass!

Olive oil has a low smoke point, you moron. How can you deep fry, stir fry, or perform any high heat cooking with olive oil? Get your head out of your ass!

We can't even civilly talk about cooking oil over here. I love it! :lol: