[closed]Looking at this years schedule with optimism...

McD

Final Record  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Bills final 2012 Record be?

We all have high hopes and optimism for this years squad, however I've stayed pretty tempered in recent years due to the fact we had no depth. I feel that we've finally turned the corner with talent and depth, and it will be fun to see how this team gels. The first half of the schedule looks challenging, and I can see the Bills going 3-5 or 4-4 to start, but I really like the second half of the schedule where I can see the Bills going 7-1 while winning out the final 7 games. Taking a realistic look at the games below I've added my results of how I feel the Bills will do...

09/09 @ New York Jets ?

09/16 Kansas City Chiefs W

09/23 @ Cleveland Browns W

09/30 New England Patriots ?

10/7 @ San Francisco L

10/14 @ Arizona Cardinals ?

10/21 Tennessee Titans W

11/04 @ Houston Texans L

11/11 @ New England Patriots L

11/15 Miami Dolphins W

11/25 @ Indianapolis Colts W

12/02 Jacksonville Jaguars W

12/09 St. Louis Rams W

12/16 Seattle Seahawks (Tor) W

12/23 @ Miami Dolphins W

12/30 New York Jets W

I have question marks near games that I feel will have a 50/50 shot at, and since I feel the team will still be gelling, I won't give them the benefit of the doubt in those. 3 wins and 2 losses with 3 games unsure... regardless if they go 3-5 or 4-4 in those games to start it's the second half where they can make some real noise. They need to stay patient throughout the first half and realize that winning the games they should in the first half (potentially stealing another 1 or 2) will leave them in good position to finish the season 10-6 or 11-5. I'm still pretty tempered, BUT this is as good as I've felt about this team in a decade.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.

McD

I would be more surprised with a losing season, than 11 wins. I think we Lucked out having only san fran, and Houston as the outa conference threats. If we play how we look on paper, and don't lose more than two conference games, it could be a great season.

If we can avoid the catastrophic injuries we suffered last season, there's no way we shouldn't win at least 9 games. Our success all really rests on whether or not Fitz can maintain a solid level of play over a 16 game schedule. Last year's second half slide has me a bit concerned in that regard. Was it the injuries or is Fitz just mediocre?

I think 9-7 is a realistic expectation. I think 10-6 is not unrealistic. The oddsmakers currently have the Jets AND the Dolphins favored over us. (Amazing, but true.) I suspect that by the end of the preseason, we will be considered second in our division. 4-2 in our division, 5-5 outside our division.

Well, before the injury Fitz was great (yes great). After the injury he was mediocre. After Fred got injured, he sucked. PLEASE keep this team healthy.

And herein lies the problem that we've had forever. Lack of depth at positions where we were good or solid. The dropoff has been too difficult to overcome. I feel this year will be different, but I'd rather not have to rely on any backups.

I voted 10-6 but the truth is you never know with our Bills. I've learned to take it one game at a time. I used to look at the schedule over and over to try and determine whether it would be a win or a loss. Now my focus is the jets at MetLife stadium. I have tickets to that game and the Thursday night game against the Fins at the Ralph... I'm debating whether to buy tickets against the Pats at the Ralph. I just don't want to drive all the way from Queens, N.Y. to watch us lose to Brady which is why I might go watch the Bills Chiefs game instead...

Right now everybody's 0-0... Let's get to 1-0 and take it from there...

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.