Is this a right-wing board?

But we need to quit thinking in terms of black and white :rolleyes: You really can make a great argument.

That a poll. I would bet money I'm right. And I said other, older males in other racial backgrounds probably have similar conservative views.

And I highly doubt someone from a state with more seals than minorities is exactly open minded.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That a poll. I would bet money I'm right. And I said other, older males in other racial backgrounds probably have similar conservative views.

And I highly doubt someone from a state with more seals than minorities is exactly open minded.

Nah, there's no minorities in Alaska.

Your friend is in the minority, there will be alot more people who voted for Obama that will switch to the GOP than people who voted for McCain switching to Obama.

No offense, but can you say that? You've gone around polling the entire country?

IMO, there is nothing about Romney that makes me think he will be any type of upgrade as a President. I also think it will be hilarious to see the reactions of the poor Southern hicks who vote for MR because he's not Obama after he completely starts crapping on the poor.

No offense, but can you say that? You've gone around polling the entire country?

IMO, there is nothing about Romney that makes me think he will be any type of upgrade as a President. I also think it will be hilarious to see the reactions of the poor Southern hicks who vote for MR because he's not Obama after he completely starts crapping on the poor.

Liberal or conservative ... doesn't matter ... Romney is a really really weak candidate. We're talking potential Dukakis level weakness...

No offense taken, and yes I can say that with 99% certainty. So naturally you may ask, how could you possibly be so certain? Why thats an excellent question Cbiscuit.

Considering that the last 12 polls that came out, Romney is leading anywhere from 5 to 13 points. In the 2008 elections Obama won independents b 7 points. So, simple math and common sense tells you that there are more people switching from Team O to Team R than from Team Mc to team O.

And, maybe this development is occuring because people are tired of Obama "crapping" on the economy.

Liberal or conservative ... doesn't matter ... Romney is a really really weak candidate. We're talking potential Dukakis level weakness...

Yet he is running neck and neck with the incumbent. Liberal or conservative.....doesn't matter.... Obama is a really weak incumbent president...... We're talking about potential Jimmy Carter level weaknes....

We've had some good discussion and also a disagreement or two. The only disagreement I remember specifically was your support of Obamacare. I just can't see anybody that isn't very much to the left supporting it. What I see the liberals on PPP trying to do is paint anyone who is a fiscal conservative and/or sympathetic to the Tea Party ideals as social conservatives and or fundamentalists.

Agreed. Mostly great discussion.

I'm pretty conservative on a lot of matters. I'm just funny about social programs (welfare) and healhcare. Growing up where I grew up I've seen directly how some social programs have helped people who had no where else to turn. I've left Barry Farm but I have trouble leaving Barry Farm.

I just approach social welfare very existentially...in a Soren Kierkegaard type way.

Edited by Juror#8

I feel that it leans right. That's a nice change from some of the other boards that I frequent.

Folks here will try to pigeon hole you as "secretly progressive" because of disagreement on an issue. When I'm not "right" enough and the only group here pushing that distance is the conservative contingent that kinda betrays the board's ideological leanings.

Get outta the closet, you pinko commie fag!!! :nana:

Yet another convicing argument. Yes the ratio of seals to minorities has closed my mind. Is this normal logic for you? How can you even function in day to day life?

It was suggested by one poster last week that the PPP board is heavily slanted toward the right. That once the right wingers get going, the threads turn into a self congratulatory love fest of conservatism.

However, I do not think this is the case, rather, it might appear that way because most of the drive by and troll posters (DiN, Conner) are not the most eliquent eloquent in terms of thier their arguments. I am speaking in a general sense, because there are many posters who while are more left of center, can and do phrase thier their arguments in a concise and intellegent intelligent manner.

So what say you all? Is this a right-wing board, or is it just a matter of there being more right wingers with a better command of the art of argument and debate?

Given your many spelling errors, this is truly hilarious.

I have to assume this is a picture of you.

Edited by conner

Given your many spelling errors, this is truly hilarious.

I have to assume this is a picture of you.

Oh, look everybody, Conner's back...

Spelling errors aside (three week old baby, no sleep, sorry) I'm not actually arguing anything, mearly asking a question. Would you like to put forth your opinion or should DC Tom just cut to the chase and call you an idiot?

Edited by TheMadCap

Oh, look everybody, Conner's back...

Spelling errors aside (three week old baby, no sleep, sorry) I'm not actually arguing anything, mearly asking a question. Would you like to put forth your opinion or should DC Tom just cut to the chase and call you an idiot?

Mearly? Shame on you for making either a typo or a WTF. Conner is well known for misspelled words, etc. Did you know that there is an open season on "Cull The Herd" in just about every state as it pertains to the species, "Conner"?

Did you know that there is an open season on "Cull The Herd" in just about every state as it pertains to the species, "Conner"?

:lol:

But some states in New England have other laws that let Connor marry D_i_N.

Ugh, can you imagine the progeny of those two :ph34r:

This board only appears to be conservative to those who haven't been here since 2005 or earlier. When I first arrived, it was quite the opposite. The difference we see now has a LOT less to do with "bullying" or whatever :rolleyes:, and a lot more to do the performance of the 2006 Congress, and obviously, Obama.

After they had been talking gallons of schit/starting 30 BushBad threads a day, and reveling in the 2006 congress "cure-all"...but, when that didn't happen, doubling down on that delusion with Obama, and when that didn't happen? Well, most of the reasonable liberals, and almost all of the unreasonable liberals, who aren't masochistic, have run from this part of the board faster than a striped ass ape. (:lol: still love that)

The unreasonable liberals, who are masochistic....can't stay away. Even though they get pounded over and over. Now...is that our fault? :lol:

Some of us remember being the 1 or 2 guys in a thread arguing against 10-15 posters. All those posters are gone, because they know they can't sell it.

We remain.

Also, it's quite possible that since we've been treated to repeating Jimmy Carter history via Nancy Pelosi/Barack Obama :wallbash:...some of the liberal posters have learned something from this time around.

This board only appears to be conservative to those who haven't been here since 2005 or earlier. When I first arrived, it was quite the opposite. The difference we see now has a LOT less to do with "bullying" or whatever :rolleyes:, and a lot more to do the performance of the 2006 Congress, and obviously, Obama.

After they had been talking gallons of schit/starting 30 BushBad threads a day, and reveling in the 2006 congress "cure-all"...but, when that didn't happen, doubling down on that delusion with Obama, and when that didn't happen? Well, most of the reasonable liberals, and almost all of the unreasonable liberals, who aren't masochistic, have run from this part of the board faster than a striped ass ape. (:lol: still love that)

The unreasonable liberals, who are masochistic....can't stay away. Even though they get pounded over and over. Now...is that our fault? :lol:

Some of us remember being the 1 or 2 guys in a thread arguing against 10-15 posters. All those posters are gone, because they know they can't sell it.

We remain.

Also, it's quite possible that since we've been treated to repeating Jimmy Carter history via Nancy Pelosi/Barack Obama :wallbash:...some of the liberal posters have learned something from this time around.

I wasn't here until very recently but what happened was since 2006 is that GOP leadership has been proven correct?

Edited by TheNewBills

I wasn't here until very recently but what happened was since 2006 is that GOP leadership has been proven correct?

Rewrite this. You have changed tense more times in this sentence than the Jets will change QBs this year.

This not spelling/grammar police....it's simply that I have no idea WTF you are trying to say.

Rewrite this. You have changed tense more times in this sentence than the Jets will change QBs this year.

This not spelling/grammar police....it's simply that I have no idea WTF you are trying to say.

:lol: You'll have to excuse me it's 2AM where I live and I've returned from the bar.

I suppose what I'm trying to ask is if it's fair to distill what you posted into a simple statement: "Since 2006 GOP supporters have been proven correct." (as general a statement as that may be)

:lol: You'll have to excuse me it's 2AM where I live and I've returned from the bar.

I suppose what I'm trying to ask is if it's fair to distill what you posted into a simple statement: "Since 2006 GOP supporters have been proven correct." (as general a statement as that may be)

I'd say it's less about the right leaning people being proven right, as it has been about the both the reasonable, and psychotic, left leaning people being proven wrong. Sure, some of it does have to do with how effective some of us can be in verbally tearing into somebody. But, it was never bullying. Instead, it was the bully getting his ass kicked.

I am not lying when I say: in one day I literally counted 20 new BushBad threads. That was the same day I asked: "How is Bush a complete idiot, and, a great liar, at the same time? :lol:" (See Bully, Ass Kicked) And, that was also right around the time the 3.5 thread started, IIRC, along with the ass starting to fall out of the AGW "science". Also, many of us demonstrated that we simply didn't care how many times you called us "racist"....you were still wrong. That ended around the same time too.

With all of these losses, stacked up like Newark Airport on a Friday....it became a lot easier to mock these people. (Well, for some of us. I have mocked people here since PPP post #1...look it up :lol:)

You couldn't just come here for liberal affirmation any more.