Bills sign Dorin Dickerson

Looks like a hybrid TE/WR type of player, he can run fast, but appears to be small for the blocking strength a TE needs to have (Just the opposite of Lee Smith--he can block like a maniac, just can't run or catch). It will be interesting to see what the BIlls try to do with him.

Looks like a hybrid TE/WR type of player, he can run fast, but appears to be small for the blocking strength a TE needs to have (Just the opposite of Lee Smith--he can block like a maniac, just can't run or catch). It will be interesting to see what the BIlls try to do with him.

Dorin Dickerson was only 6-2 230 in college in 2009. He would have been smarter to trim down a little more than bulk up to possibly gain some speed at compete at WR. He is a good sized WR in the NFL, there is no way he is going to play TE in today's NFL.

He had a great combine in 2009, for a TE. My guess is Wanstache knew the kid and convinced Chan into giving him a shot.

The only way Dickerson makes the roster is if he can compete for that #2 WR spot or depth behind SJ13, and if he plays well on special teams.

At Pitt he had 50 catches for 500 yards and 10TDs his last year.

Don't sell Lee Smith's hands short. He has hands.

Edited by Why So Serious?

According to a Chris Brown story ( 88 roster spots taken two to go) yesterday on the Bills' homesite, the Bills had 88 on the roster so this signing leaves one more slot without having to make any cuts.

The Tanney story has such a potential upside that I hope he gets a shot at the last roster slot as our development QB. He appears to have met Gailey's primary requirement of being able to learn quickly plus Gailey implied he liked his talent. "I like his quick throwing motion. He seems to have a strong arm. He seemed to pick up things fairly well."

Edited by shoretalk

Dorin Dickerson was only 6-2 230 in college in 2009. He would have been smarter to trim down a little more than bulk up to possibly gain some speed at compete at WR. He is a good sized WR in the NFL, there is no way he is going to play TE in today's NFL.

He had a great combine in 2009, for a TE. My guess is Wanstache knew the kid and convinced Chan into giving him a shot.

The only way Dickerson makes the roster is if he can compete for that #2 WR spot or depth behind SJ13, and if he plays well on special teams.

At Pitt he had 50 catches for 500 yards and 10TDs his last year.

Don't sell Lee Smith's hands short. He has hands.

Apparently according to the link he run's (or ran) a 4.4 and houston tried to make him a WR, but he didn't have a catch in multiple games. Spent last year on IR, where Nix has shown n ability to find some talent

i guess it took the signing to get people talking. i was wondering why it wasn't noted (paper or here) more when they invited him to the minicamp a week ago, since he was a fairly well known commodity in the 2010 draft. even though he went in the 7th or whatever, some that maybe as high as 2nd due to the combine performace and college production. the tweener thing kinda killed him though. wonder what he weighs now?

He'll be an H-back

Good pickup for camp. Wanny coached him at Pitt. He was a beast at Pitt. Great speed for his size. Perhaps this could be the #2 WR.

Crazy to me that he's listed as a Fullback- I would've thought he would fit better as a pass catching TE or straight up WR :blink:

WR with his speed.

Crazy to me that he's listed as a Fullback- I would've thought he would fit better as a pass catching TE or straight up WR :blink:

He will play H-Back which is kinda a hybrid between fullback and TE - and what I think is crazy is a fullback position where the guy just blocks and is absolutely no threat as either a runner or pass catcher- I'll sacrifice a little blocking for a guy who can either split out or run routes out of the backfield.

He will play H-Back which is kinda a hybrid between fullback and TE - and what I think is crazy is a fullback position where the guy just blocks and is absolutely no threat as either a runner or pass catcher- I'll sacrifice a little blocking for a guy who can either split out or run routes out of the backfield.

I didn't mean to seem like I was questioning you. I get the role of an H-back and have posited that McIntyre could be gone in favor of keeping an additional TE/H-back.

I just imagined Lee Smith as the guy who would trade time between lining up on the line and in the backfield - he's considered the best blocker, right? Chandler would be the traditional TE. And before Dickerson came along, I saw Onubun as the receiving TE/ hybrid WR guy.

BTW, I like McIntyre and what he brings in special teams, but many of the recent additions have special teams skills and may push McIntyre out of a job since he is almost never used as a FB and the other guys play more valuable positions.

EDIT: I know this is in a different vein, but I'm also down to sacrifice blocking to have both CJ and Fred in the backfield at the same time - both of whom are likely more dangerous coming out of the backfield than Dickerson.

Edited by uncle flap