$4.2 billion per year tax fraud committed by illegals

Out of hand? Since when do threads with political leanings get out of hand? Psh.

It's tough over at OTW. Best line in years over there by DC Tom was a Nancy Pelosi punchline that obviously offended some little mind because it was scrapped pretty fast by the moderators.

And let's face it...you can probably count the number of Nancy Pelosi fans on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

Edited by LABillzFan

It's tough over at OTW. Best line in years over there by DC Tom was a Nancy Pelosi punchline that obviously offended some little mind because it was scrapped pretty fast by the moderators.

And let's face it...you can probably count the number of Nancy Pelosi fans on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

You say "some little mind" like we don't all know who you're talking about.

I wonder what would happen if I reported THIS to the mods... :devil:

Impossible to say any more. In my "Dinner's On My, Smartass" competition, I had originally written

When posting your picks, please do not comment on anything other than football. Refrain from any and all jokes or comments that include, but are not limited to: politics, condoms, homosexuals (unless referring to cigarettes), mentally retarded people, minorities, minority leaders, congressional minority leaders, Kate Upton's breasts (without the expressed written consent of Kate Upton's Breasts TM ), religion (this includes all Tebowing references, but not references to Bradying, etc.), knock-knock jokes, as well as anything to do with PETA, including and up to comments that come close to sounding like, "A horse walks into a bar...."

But the next ban is permanent, and when he finally finds his reason, I want it to be a better one than that.

Impossible to say any more. In my "Dinner's On My, Smartass" competition, I had originally written

When posting your picks, please do not comment on anything other than football. Refrain from any and all jokes or comments that include, but are not limited to: politics, condoms, homosexuals (unless referring to cigarettes), mentally retarded people, minorities, minority leaders, congressional minority leaders, Kate Upton's breasts (without the expressed written consent of Kate Upton's Breasts TM ), religion (this includes all Tebowing references, but not references to Bradying, etc.), knock-knock jokes, as well as anything to do with PETA, including and up to comments that come close to sounding like, "A horse walks into a bar...."

But the next ban is permanent, and when he finally finds his reason, I want it to be a better one than that.

You mean it doesn't say that anymore? That's what I read when I made my picks. How do people develop such thin skin? Reminds me of yesterday's Mallard Fillmore:

Seem appropriate here

Edited by KD in CT

You mean it doesn't say that anymore? That's what I read when I made my picks. How do people develop such thin skin? Reminds me of yesterday's Mallard Fillmore:

Mallard_Fillmore.20120507_large.gif

No, it says all of that except the part about the minorities, minority leaders and congressional minority leaders. It was a little reference to the removal of Tom's Pelosi joke. That would have broken the skin very, very easily.

I really don't get what happened with that. Why the hell was that offensive? It was one the the funniest things ever. Were they offended because Tom insinuated she was 106 years old or that she ruined SF?? Because we all know neither are true. She's 105 and totalled !@#$ed the whole damn state.

I really don't get what happened with that. Why the hell was that offensive? It was one the the funniest things ever. Were they offended because Tom insinuated she was 106 years old or that she ruined SF?? Because we all know neither are true. She's 105 and totalled !@#$ed the whole damn state.

Who knows.

And there you go...

So pointing out Dr. D's ignorance of even the most basic principles of US tax laws -- and basic common sense -- is considered "politics"? No wonder our country is !@#$ed.

Yep. Except when it's coming from the 1%. Then it's "their fair share." While 46% of people pay no income tax.

46% pay no income tax, but they do pay Social Securty, Medicare, tax on gasoline, sales tax, tax on utilities, telecom tax, etc. This 46% don't pay federal income tax is a tired reich wing argument.

46% pay no income tax, but they do pay Social Securty, Medicare, tax on gasoline, sales tax, tax on utilities, telecom tax, etc. This 46% don't pay federal income tax is a tired reich wing argument.

Your "point" makes sense in principle but not in practice. The fact of the matter is the 46% don't care about the cost of government because every April 15th they get back more money than they paid in. For them, they think the system "works". They don't get into the "weeds" of what they pay. I work with people who have wicked education qualifications but don't realize they pay over 45% of their income in taxes. The government has done a great job of hiding this little fact.

It's kinda like when Germany reunited. The East Germans had almost zero work ethic because for generations they had been allowed to be minimally productive. They all thought that when the moved to capitalism, the only thing that would change was their lifestyle. They didn't realize they would have to work to live like their relatives in West Germany. It caused a tremendous amount of strife then and is only marginally better today.

America now has families that have been on welfare for generations. Parents who show their kids how to go on the dole. We're rotting from the bottom up and the top down. Thanks, Democrats and Republicans. <_<

"Reich Wing"? Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Take a history class.

This is simply stunning to me. Any accountant types on the board want to verify this report?

http://www.wthr.com/...&autostart=true

Also exposes the lie that immigrants are the exploited stupid and couldn't wipe their arse without the helping hand of people who know what's better for them.

Bigger story is why IRS ignores blatant abuse like this.

It was just the whole "no politics on the other boards" thing. Had I made a joke about Cheney (not in that context, obviously), same result.

It was just the whole "no politics on the other boards" thing. Had I made a joke about Cheney (not in that context, obviously), same result.

Really?? I'm not so sure about that. I think we need to test teh Cheney thing out.