If Fast Freddy Were to Run All Year

Fast Freddy finished with 934 yards over 10 games which is an average of 93.4 yards with my Astrophysics math per game. If you just extrapolate out the same over the rest of the 2011 season he would have finished at 1494.4 yds. This would have been second in the NFL last year behind MJD out of the Jags who had absolutely no passing game. MJD is Mighty Mouse, but Fast Freddy, is fantastic.

I know all of us can rip apart whethere it would have continued or not, but he is a special talent. What if we found him 5 years ago and knew what we found?

I'm so happy for him in his new extension. I hope he hits every extension defying the odds at 33 when he is done. What a high calibur guy. This is what we all want in BILLIEVE.

I'm not sure if anyone heard his NFL Radio interview but exactly what we want the avg NFL fan hearing about Buffalo. We need more of him on our team.

Fast Freddy finished with 934 yards over 10 games which is an average of 93.4 yards with my Astrophysics math per game. If you just extrapolate out the same over the rest of the 2011 season he would have finished at 1494.4 yds. This would have been second in the NFL last year behind MJD out of the Jags who had absolutely no passing game. MJD is Mighty Mouse, but Fast Freddy, is fantastic.

I know all of us can rip apart whethere it would have continued or not, but he is a special talent. What if we found him 5 years ago and knew what we found?

I'm so happy for him in his new extension. I hope he hits every extension defying the odds at 33 when he is done. What a high calibur guy. This is what we all want in BILLIEVE.

I'm not sure if anyone heard his NFL Radio interview but exactly what we want the avg NFL fan hearing about Buffalo. We need more of him on our team.

I like Fred's whole attitude towards life as much as his game. Seeing him holding his kid when the stadium was going nuts after a home game win,and his dedication to his family. Also, the odds he has always had to beat to achieve his success. He will be a huge part of the future success of this team.

Um. Apparently the NFL and the Buffalo Bills think Fred was discovered 5 years ago.

http://m.nfl.com/pla...9/fred-jackson/

And for the record, SOME of us here were big believers in Fred the first time we saw him. OTHERS here thought his success would interfere with Marshawn Lynchs overrated body of work.

Just sayin

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=95773&view=findpost&p=1552177

Jauron !@#$ed up trying to make Marshawn the number 1 guy when FJ was clearly the best, most productive back on the team. That's just a microcosm of why dude got fired.

Um. Apparently the NFL and the Buffalo Bills think Fred was discovered 5 years ago.

http://m.nfl.com/pla...9/fred-jackson/

And for the record, SOME of us here were big believers in Fred the first time we saw him. OTHERS here thought his success would interfere with Marshawn Lynchs overrated body of work.

Just sayin

I know he scared the **** out of us back in NFL Europe, we were glad he was injured against us the second time we played him. He ripped us apart.

Edited by bladiebla

If he was discovered five years ago, he would be an aged RB who peaked on a team without a definite quaterback and a solid defense.

If anything, this is a perfect time to peak for an RB because you have the defense being built up and coach that will stick to one QB; whether its the right QB or not, that's for another thread.

http://m.nfl.com/players/stats/JAC173789/fred-jackson/

Just sayin

I was one of those who thought Marshawn needed more carries. I thought he had more potential then Fred because of what he did at Cal. I was wrong, and I'm happy I was wrong. Marshawn only cared about himself. The current roster seems to be full of guys that want to build something. Fred thinks they are on the brink of something special. I hope he's right.

I was one of those who thought Marshawn needed more carries. I thought he had more potential then Fred because of what he did at Cal. I was wrong, and I'm happy I was wrong. Marshawn only cared about himself. The current roster seems to be full of guys that want to build something. Fred thinks they are on the brink of something special. I hope he's right.

Completely unfair characterization of Marshawn. He did his share of foolish things on the field, but to suggest that he wasn't a team player is off base.

Completely unfair characterization of Marshawn. He did his share of foolish things on the field, but to suggest that he wasn't a team player is off base.

You are putting words in my mouth. And he did foolish things OFF the field not on the field as you said. And those decisions affected the team. How is that unfair to say he only cared about himself when he made so many bad decisions. Choosing to carry an illegal gun and blunts led to his suspension which affected the team. He didnt think twice.

You are putting words in my mouth. And he did foolish things OFF the field not on the field as you said. And those decisions affected the team. How is that unfair to say he only cared about himself when he made so many bad decisions. Choosing to carry an illegal gun and blunts led to his suspension which affected the team. He didnt think twice.

Oh, that was a typo. I meant "off" the field.

Color me unfair then. I saw him laughing and horsing about on the sidelines when the team was losing. I thought he took plays off, esp. when asked to block (you don't get stats for that). He got himself suspended for his off-field sh** with the gun and garnered bad publicity and bad local feeling for other off field actions.

Perhaps you mean something else by "wasn't a team player", or maybe it's just that he was a team player on a team with a lousy, losing culture.

Edited by Hopeful

For the record, Jackson has had plenty of supporters. I have been a fan of his ever since I saw him in preseason and while he was playing in NFL Europe. I could never understand how shaud williams made the roster over him.

Edited by IHFO

For the record, Jackson has had plenty of supporters. I have been a fan of his ever since I saw him in preseason and while he was playing in NFL Europe. I could never understand why he wasn't given a fair shot at making the actual roster.

In his interview on GR today it was pretty funny when they asked him if he ever thought about giving up when no one was giving him a shot. He said basically no, but at one point he was wondering what else he could possibly do to warrant getting a shot when he didnt receive one call for a couple months after his second year in the indoor leagues. He was saying to Schopp and Bulldog something like, "What else could I do? I ran for 1700 yards and scored 53 touchdowns." Even he started to chuckle.

In his interview on GR today it was pretty funny when they asked him if he ever thought about giving up when no one was giving him a shot. He said basically no, but at one point he was wondering what else he could possibly do to warrant getting a shot when he didnt receive one call for a couple months after his second year in the indoor leagues. He was saying to Schopp and Bulldog something like, "What else could I do? I ran for 1700 yards and scored 53 touchdowns." Even he started to chuckle.

And what else can you say about the guy besides that. He did it the hard way and deserves to be rewarded. Even more than the those first round backs like Lynch (even tho I am a fan of Lynch and love how he jump-started his career in Seattle.)