First 1st round signing announced

The days of 5 year contracts for first rounders done?

Seems that way, and I dont blame them. Looks like it's short term, low money but all guaranteed. I'm assuming we'll see some of the stars renegotiate a couple of seasons in. For example, if Newton has another great year, the Panthers should probably look into locking him up long term and paying him. Same could be said for Dareus soon.

Irvin was so surprised to be a 1st rounder, he signed the first offer given, before the Seahawks realized they made a mistake. ;)

my thoughts too . . . take whatever they offer you and run like you stole something Mr. Irvin!

Irvin was so surprised to be a 1st rounder, he signed the first offer given, before the Seahawks realized they made a mistake. ;)

my thoughts too . . . take whatever they offer you and run like you stole something Mr. Irvin!

Yeah, except that:

Right on par with last year's #15 pick, Mike Pouncy. Same term and amount.

And the fact that 7 teams had him in their top 15 players.

I said he would be taken in the first round and was "corrected" on this opinion several times (I won't name names though I could).

The only people surprised by the pick were the people who don't work for NFL scouting departments.

Irvin's video spoke volumes. and he made more pre-draft visits than just about any other player.

There were a bunch of teams hoping to get him on the sly.

Pete Carroll (who I've disparaged often) got Irvin and he also took Russell Wilson.

I have to say I was wrong about Carroll… he did a great job in Seattle last year and it will be lots of fun to watch Seattle and San Francisco (Carroll vs Harbaugh) battling it out for NFC West supremacy for many years to come.

And then they panicked and took the under-performing Coples. Perfect.

I still cant believe they went with Coples with Ingram and Upshaw still on the board. I cant even believe they went Coples regardless of who was left.

If only the Pats wouldve screwed up the 1st round, it would have been a great night in the AFC East!

Edited by DrDareustein

I still cant believe they went with Coples with Ingram and Upshaw still on the board. I cant even believe they went Coples regardless of who was left.

If only the Pats wouldve screwed up the 1st round, it would have been a great night in the AFC East!

Upshaw has been your guy forever. Can you believe he fell to the second round?

GO BILLS!!!