Best secondary in NFL 2013 calln it now

With Williams, Gilmore and Brooks as nickel corner, toss in Bryd and Wilson's playmaking with a bona fide pass rush and the bills will have a top NFL secondary after the rooks catch on....

C'mon negative nancies try and refute!

The secondary should be quality in 2013 if we have a solid consistent pass rush then ya our secondary should be rockin sum sheeite. IMO if the Nixley can have a 3rd solid draft in 2013 (Nix was a bit shackled by Modrak in his first draft) then it's nothing but up up and away. Nix's first draft can be considered a bit shakey at worst by the most pessimistic fans but after he got his scouts in things have been looking a bit more dandy. Well more than a bit actually. Nixley did the right and sometimes overlooked thing of building a solid D-line before complementing it with a young and growing secondary. I hope he keeps adding talent to our LB corps. The secondary is going to be sick for a long time as long as the front 7 and especially the front 4 are kept together as a solid wrecking crew for a while to come. Good depth is crucial as well!

So yes the secondary can be formidable as long as the current D-line quality is constantly upkept from year to year. LB's will continually added I thing which should improve our D situation as well as adding more cb picks.

Disclaimer (I usually post my gibberish after mixing my wine, beer and hard alcohol. That's y it's gibberish. Also posting from my iPhone which makes it a tad hard to edit my posts after posting) So if there are obvious misakes then u know y.

Go Bills!!!

Wow...now if two rookies and a second year player that got minimal playing time and was injured his rookie year was the defensive backfield the Bills were playing next week, I'm pretty sure the board would be predicting Johnson over 100 yards recieving and Easley getting his first TD. Somehow I don't think Marcia will be too scared of our DB's especially our safeties in converage be it man to man or in space. As always the pass rush will be the key.

our middle round LB picks better work out.if they dont those DBs will be exhausted from covering up for and tackling the RBs TEs etc underneath time after time.

Tcali yeppers I see your point. I think this year and or next year our new picks are going to push Morrison hard. Also if Barnett or Shep gets hurt we'll for the first time in like effin Forever have depth holding the fort. Lack of depth was our downfall last season and years past. Lack of depth can now say bye bye! Lack of Depth can now go sleepy night night!!

If Merriman, Williams, Williams, & McGee stay healthy this defense could be legendary.

it would be legen...wait for it....dareus!

Wow...now if two rookies and a second year player that got minimal playing time and was injured his rookie year was the defensive backfield the Bills were playing next week, I'm pretty sure the board would be predicting Johnson over 100 yards recieving and Easley getting his first TD. Somehow I don't think Marcia will be too scared of our DB's Somehow I don't think Marcia will be too scared of our DB's especially our safeties in converage be it man to man or in space. As always the pass rush will be the key.

doesn't matter if she fears our young dbs, it's the constant pummelling from the front four that's gonna have her a bit jumpy.

Don't be absurd. Let's prove it on the field first. I am hopeful for the rookies we drafted, but it's ridiculously optimistic to project anything for our secondary, let alone that they'll be the best in the league.

Blatant homerism is pointless and defeats the purpose of discussing the Bills from an objective perspective.

That the beauty of calling it. I am making a prediction. Saying optomistic speculation is pointless is equivalent to being a self loathing whiner.

Stop being so homerphobic.

With Williams, Gilmore and Brooks as nickel corner....

First those three guys have to win their jobs. Nothing will be given to them by the likes of McKelvin, McGee, and Florence.

Best in NFL, might be a stretch. As of right now, I will settle for... competitive. I hate seeing the secondary ripped apart by freakin' Mark Sanchez twice a year.

Ive mentioned it in another thread, i personally think with a better pass rush our secondary will play lights out! I also think we see a better playin in Leodis McKelvin! Im not counting on McGee at all, but if hes healthy he can be solid, also Florence up there in age but i think he will have a great year! I have to admit i know nothing about Brooks.

All in all if Kyle Williams can stay healthy along with Merriman i mean the sky is the limit for our defense!

So i do agree our secondary should be able to make plays to help the team!

Unless there are injuries McKelvin won't be on the field for D. We'll see better play out of him because he'll only be on Special Teams, where he belongs.

We're obviously going to have the best secondary, the best defensive line and the best offensive line. We'll also have the best running backs. Clearly we're going to have the greatest team to ever play in the NFL.

I say we will have the greatest team in the history of all sports. :devil:

To the OP, we're going to have a decent D for a change, that's for sure. But best secondary? C'mon. I know we'll have a better pass rush, which should help the secondary. Cornerback and safety depth are still a question mark to me, even if our first round pick hits his stride in Week 1.

Who am I kidding? Can't shake the optimism this year. Wanstache is back. Dareus hits his prime. Williams and Williams wreak havoc. Merriman becomes healthy. Byrd and Wilson continue to pluck footballs out of thin air. Gilmore becomes the next Champ Bailey. McKelvin learns how to actually break up passes.

Best secondary in the NFL, baby. :thumbsup:

Byrd, Williams, and Gilmore are a nice foundation on paper if Williams and Gilmore develop. Also Brooks and J.Rodgers look like young players that could be a part of the future. Best secondary in the NFL? What has Williams, Gilmore, J.Rodgers, and Brooks shown in the NFL? Not much, Gilmore and Brooks are rooks while Williams and J.Rodgers only played sparingly and while they did OK they didn't set the world on fire.

Lots of potential there but its got to manifest its self into wins at the NFL level.

Aaron Williams will be a top 5 CB in the NFL by the 2013 NFL season. I was absolutely blown away watching Aaron in training camp last year. For a rookie, he was unbelievably good at turning and planting his push off foot to drive into the receiving lane. His lateral pursuit is better than McKelvin's and McKelvin was going into his 4th year. He was giving Evans fits.

It's too early to say for Gilmore.

With Williams, Gilmore and Brooks as nickel corner, toss in Bryd and Wilson's playmaking with a bona fide pass rush and the bills will have a top NFL secondary after the rooks catch on....

C'mon negative nancies try and refute!

I don't know if this will be true for 2012 or not, but talent wise, the potential is easily there. A lot of this depends on how Williams further develops this year and how good Gilmore and Brooks can be. I stated in another thread about just Brooks, that I LOVE that pick and I think he could be the steal of the draft. He would have been a #1 and top DB on any other program in the nation and I firmly believe he is a first round talent but was had in the fourth because of his limited playing time stuck behind two top 10 picks.

If Gilmore and Brooks can come in and tap into that potential early, then this secondary definitely has the makings of one of the better ones in the NFL. I don't know if I would say the best, I mean the Jets and Eagles are stacked with Elite DB's, but we could easily have one of the top 5 and probably the best young secondary in the league as soon as this year. Because you still have Byrd, Wilson, McGee and Florence to go with the young rooks and 2nd year guy Williams...so we have a great blend of young and veteran talent. Not to mention, McKelvin is still here...so that makes us very deep too. I dont like McKelvin as a starter or even nickel DB, but I dont think there is a team in the league that will a more talented 5th or 6th DB than him.

So suddenly we are crazy deep at DB, a position we have been very thin on every year as we seem to always battle injuries in the secondary.

PS: Dont be surprised to see McGee transitioning to FS some as his career gets a little longer in tooth to back up Byrd as well. McGee has the skills that would make him a very good FS as well as a corner, so given our youth at DB, I wouldnt be surprised to see McGee start getting some reps there this year or next year.

While I love your enthusiasm and agree with it, I am going to call it right now and say top 5 secondary this year rather than best just because of the amount of youth still. But 2013 I think the combo of the talent in the secondary and the talent upfront we could be looking at best secondary and best front 7 in football...I cant even believe I just wrote that about a Bills defense, let alone believe it, but the FO has really gone balls to the wall in building a fast and physical D on paper...so now they just need to prove it on the field.