Post Draft Power Rankings ESPN

ESPN released their post draft preseason rankings. Has the Bills at 23. James Walker had them ranked at 16.

Rest of the AFC EAST

Pats 2

Jets 20

Fins 27

Is ESPN thinking that winning the offseason does not mean anything until you win on the field?

My link

Of course power rankings are meaningless, especially at this time of year, but they are good topic starters. This is a Bills team that has had a fantastic off season. There's no question about that. They filled holes, made a splash in free agency and potentially created the best defensive line that this franchise has ever had before.

But there are still question marks, most having to do with players coming back from injury. If Kyle, FredEx and Wood do indeed come back 100%, then 23 is FAR too low for this team. 16 would be a much better starting point -- right on the playoff bubble until they prove otherwise. Personally, I think those guys are going to be healthy and I fully expect this team to make the playoffs THIS year. Anything short of that will be a huge disappointment.

Just my take.

ESPN released their post draft preseason rankings. Has the Bills at 23. James Walker had them ranked at 16.

Rest of the AFC EAST

Pats 2

Jets 20

Fins 27

Is ESPN thinking that winning the offseason does not mean anything until you win on the field?

My link

Yes, as they should.

Rankings mean nothing to me until the games actually start. Look at what happened to the Sabres. Highest Payroll in the NHL+Winning FA and did not even make the playoffs...Same thing can be said of the Eagles last year "Dream Team". All is meaningless until the games get going!

Not meant to be a dis...

Offseason Power rankings? Seriously? Everyone is undefeated. Does that mean all teams are equal, probably not, but no one has a clue how anything will turn out. Offseason rankings are about as meaningful as Week 5 power rankings.

Almost Every team improved itself in the draft - but every offseason also brings a negative to the team from the prior year based on aging players, Free Agents lost, Retirements, coaching changes, etc. The question is - if you had the ability to distill all that information properly to see which team *really* improved, how would they rank? No one has that knowledge, least of all those who think they do.

The Bills got better overall in my opinion. Did their improvements allow them to catch up? We'll know that after week 10. We'll have played the Patriots twice and had what should be a tough road test in San Francisco. If we have won 6 games by then(6-3), we'll know the team has improved enough to likely make the playoffs (the truest test for us).

Not meant to be a dis...

Offseason Power rankings? Seriously? Everyone is undefeated. Does that mean all teams are equal, probably not, but no one has a clue how anything will turn out. Offseason rankings are about as meaningful as Week 5 power rankings.

Almost Every team improved itself in the draft - but every offseason also brings a negative to the team from the prior year based on aging players, Free Agents lost, Retirements, coaching changes, etc. The question is - if you had the ability to distill all that information properly to see which team *really* improved, how would they rank? No one has that knowledge, least of all those who think they do.

The Bills got better overall in my opinion. Did their improvements allow them to catch up? We'll know that after week 10. We'll have played the Patriots twice and had what should be a tough road test in San Francisco. If we have won 6 games by then(6-3), we'll know the team has improved enough to likely make the playoffs (the truest test for us).

Actually I agree 1000% that off season rankings are a joke. As a matter of fact I think any rankings before three to four regular season games are played are a bit premature.

Now if you really want to be premature NFL.com has a Mock Draft out for 2013 with the Bills taking a DT@18 and CNNSI has us taking a OT@12. :doh:

Edited by BRAWNDO

i wouldve likely said 16ish right on that bubble, as tgregg referenced - average, which depending on a few bounces and an injury or two... can go any direction. if i were a betting man, id be hard pressed to put big money on the playoffs yet, but i also wouldnt be shocked

Rest of the AFC EAST

Pats 2

Jets 20

Fins 27

My link

Off-season power rankings mean absolutely nothing.

Only thing that stood out to me is the Atlanta Falcons comments. They had a crap draft, crappy FA period thus far. The blogger ranking them admits as much, yet they move up 2 spots from the the last ranking. That in itself should show how little this ranking means.

The Bills are pretty low on the list; however, the ranking is reflection of last years record.

I'm not sure that the Bills can beat the Patriots just yet so I think they will have to play for a wild card spot.

Will the Bills be better than the Broncos, Chargers, Bengals, Chiefs, Titans, Jets, and Raiders?

Based on the first half of last year, they are better than all of these teams.

Based on the second half of last year, they will be selecting another high draft pick.