RD 2, Pick #41: OT Cordy Glenn - Georgia

Beerball

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this city. I've lived in two other American cities for a total of ten years (one large, one small), and in one other country (but that was a village in Spain, not a city). I think you're nuts, and I think, beyond that, that you don't understand that we live here by choice and not by predetermination. Anyone can move anywhere in these fifty beautiful states, but the people who live here, by and large, do so because we love it.

I cannot imagine living elsewhere again, and being happy.

I cannot imagine being happy in NYC, or Boston, or Milwaukee, or Raleigh, or Reno, Spokane, or Honolulu. I cannot imagine being happy in Madrid, Tokyo, Montreal, or Paris.

I !@#$ing love it here, and even as the winters come (and damn, do I hate winter), I always will.

Buffalo kicks ass.

So !@#$ off.

Ive lived in 6 different cities and seen allot between military and consulting work. I can say I love Buffalo, and if not for the economy in the area would still be living there. Sure it snows allot, but people are awesome there.

Nix said that they were dropping words that they thought he was a guard as a smokescreen. It's on buffalobills.com.

Well he has great skill set for guard, so is true that would probably be great guard. He may turn out to be a better guard ultimately, but dont see him not playing RT for us cause is much bigger need than RG IMO, and he is well suited for that position as well. While would have prefered a LT, he is a much safer pick and may turn out to be better player than any of the LT's that were on the board, so no complaints.

Edited by rstencel

----------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me? This kid can't even play left tackle, he doesn't have the feet. A big blob that can't move. The Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin was still there why would they take Glenn over Martin?

To make matters worse the Jets got Stephen Hill. How can anyone cover this guy? At 6'4" he'll out jump you get the ball. And when he isn't out jumping you in the red zone he'll blow right by you with his 4.30 forty speed. Wait and see the Bills will NOT be able to cover this guy. They'll have to double cover him just to slow him down. I was stoked when they signed Mario Williams but now I'm losing all interest. New England and Jets are out drafting the Bills as usual and improving immensely.

Oh well, no playoffs AGAIN! Same old, same old. It really stinks to be a Bills fan unless you enjoy losing and finishing LAST.

Why must all the ignoramuses come out after a good draft pick?

These so-called fans come out of the woodwork, thinking they know ANYTHING about scouting college players.

Why don't you join that assclown Fireman Ed and go root for your Jets on Sundays? Stephen Hill - the new robo-receiver.

Dont feed the troll.

Yeah, sorry, I bit on it already. Stupidity is hard to ignore sometimes...

"Before ye shall pass over the bridge, ye must criticize these draft picks three..."

There was/is only one position on the roster that we needed to draft a starter on day one. You know which one that is? A receiver. We have a legit #1 in Stevie. We have a strong number #3 in Nelson and then we have a bunch of fours and fives. We do not have a #2 receiver on this roster. Easley did look really good last year in pre season. I really feel like we messed up not getting Floyd. Or moving up on day 2 and getting quick out of appalachin state. That kid look like he would be the perfect fit in our system.

And as for Glynn. Sheesh. The stinch of Mike Williams is all over that pick. I am sure even Jamie Nails think this guy is too big and slow. I really hope they address the receiver void on this roster.

Geez, more trolls.

This clown is really going to love the TJ Graham pick. His mom will have to drive him to the Peace Bridge to end his misery.

Good to hear that NoName has checked in with Jamie Nails, though.

This guy is already an excellent Left Offensive Tackle and he's just scratched the surface. He's a diamond in the rough.

I sure hope you are right. He is a risk imo, but has as much upside as anyone in the draft. I personally would have preferred Martin, but he might have the same problem as Bell (lack of strength).

Was Glenn worth the risk in round 2? Absolutely. :thumbsup:

I sure hope you are right. He is a risk imo, but has as much upside as anyone in the draft. I personally would have preferred Martin, but he might have the same problem as Bell (lack of strength).

This pick was exactly who i thought Buddy was talking about when he said that they had someone graded differently than most.

Delighted they got their man!

Trust In Buddy

The best thing about this kid is what I read in the Snooze article linked on the front page. He started playing LT and was poor early in the year. But he improved each week. And had his best game at the end of the season against LSU.

The kid is ascending.

I don't know how anyone can say the likes of Kiper, Mayock, McShay, et al don't think he's a good pick. They all had him going in the first round. There's no doubt that scouts gave him 1st round grades. Just because they're concerned about what position he'll play is of little consequence and has no bearing on anything.

GO BILLS!!!

The best thing about this guy is he listened to his coaches in every aspect - from what they wanted him to weigh to how they wanted him to block. So Joe D and our strength coaches will find a weight that keeps him mobile, agile and hostile!

If he's a chubby Marcus McNeil who can lose weight and not have neck/back injuries, we got ourselves a steal at 41.

It's not that much of a risk when you consider the fact that this kid is an All Pro guard waiting to happen if it doesn't work out at tackle.

Horrible pick. We don't need another guard, we need WR and LT, NOT Guard. But hey Buddy is getting his SEC Fix

Perhaps you missed Buddy's "Hell no, he's not a guard" comment.

Besides, who says he's a guard? You? Silly draftniks? Todd freakin' McShay?

I'm sorry, but Buddy Nix and the scouting department are > Toshiero.

I guess if you're still upset, you can make another thread about how you don't like the pick and that Cordy Glenn is really a guard.

I totally disagree, Vince.

Glenn is a ready-to-go Left Offensive Tackle. He's gonna give Hairston all he can handle and more.

This kid is a diamond-in-the-rough.

I'm not expert so we'll see, but I think it's a lot to ask of a rookie to come in a start at LT in the NFL. Plus I think you may be selling Hairston short. I thought he showed quite a bit of promise himself last season.

I'm not expert so we'll see, but I think it's a lot to ask of a rookie to come in a start at LT in the NFL. Plus I think you may be selling Hairston short. I thought he showed quite a bit of promise himself last season.

Yeah the real experts (NFL guys) are apparently divided so we'll wait and see.

So, Hairston (a lesser prospect, drafted as a pure RT) has success in your eyes as a rookie, but it's a lot to ask of Glenn duplicating--and hopefully improving on--that performance?? I don't get it...

Honestly i was not aware Hairston WAS drafted for RT. i thought he was coming on as swing tackle with potential to start at LT in a couple years.

Looks to me like we just want wingspan and reasonable feet from our man on the blindside. I think we are still going to play Fitz quick read offense. which will improve with a speed guy or two this year pulling defenses.

We are going to start Hairston and hopefully push him for starting position with Glenn. Should be a very interesting run up to opening day waiting to see who plays where. Can't wait for training camp to see these monsters up close!

That Landre statement of not drafting Chris was bit off i think.

Yeah, that was a real good call on Landre's part. :doh:

Which is why all these draft guides are good for is one thing--giving you some names to pick from and then go out and look at yourself with the limited amount of video we have available to us as fans...

So, Hairston (a lesser prospect, drafted as a pure RT) has success in your eyes as a rookie, but it's a lot to ask of Glenn duplicating--and hopefully improving on--that performance?? I don't get it...

I said that "I thought Hairston showed quite a bit of promise". Not that he was a solid LT. I think the odds are much better that Hairston, with a year of experience and offseason conditioning, is a better player this season that Glenn coming in cold as a rookie. If you don't get that then I don't know what else to tell you.