Kiper had Cordy Glenn as his #14 overall player

dogma+

If that is even somewhat close to the consensus of what NFL scouts think, we got a STEAL.

"I don’t share the opinion that Cordy Glenn can be a left tackle, but he was a total steal at No. 41. He was on my final Big Board at No. 14. If the Bills move him inside (or to right tackle), he’ll succeed. Zebrie Sanders was also a steal in the sixth round." - Mel Kiper

Prisco also believed Glenn was a 1st round talent.

"I really liked the Bills getting Cordy Glenn in the second round. He had first-round ability and should be an immediate starter at left tackle." - Pete Prisco.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering if there are more bi polar comments about any other player in this draft

- Maylock......"Cordy Glenn is a guard"

- Maylock......"after seeing Cordy in person at the combine....moves much better then I thought.....I need to evaluate

- Maylock........after the combine....Cordy Glenn is a guard.....but he is a first rounder

- Kiper......"Cordy Glenn is a top 15 talent at G or RT"

- Brisco......"Will start immediately at LT"

NONE of these guys get it......They dont see the mobility of Kalil so Cordy....even though he moves very well....cannot play RT......it is Cordy's super LENGTH combined with his very good mobility that makes him a LT spot.....very strong too.....he is a guy....even when he is beat? he is not beat....A HANDFUL of starts as a LT in the SEC and got better at it EVERY game....that means he hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

Cordy needs to

- Drop about 15-20 pounds so he can get quicker laterally

- Work on his footwork

- Needs to work on not being a waist bender

Keep in mind that the areas that need work are OT areas that he has played literally a handful of games.....he is going to be with pro coaches now so expect quick improvement in those areas. He will start immediately and get better every game.

I'd say we have a pretty good track record of taking mediocre and/or completely unknown talent and turning them into good-to-very good starters at LT. First Peters, then Bell, now Hairston....none of these guys had any sort of pedigree, although Hairston was considered good value. So now we have a monster first round talent to work with...if the Bills want this kid to play LT, I have no doubt that's where he'll end up playing.

If that is even somewhat close to the consensus of what NFL scouts think, we got a STEAL.

"I don't share the opinion that Cordy Glenn can be a left tackle, but he was a total steal at No. 41. He was on my final Big Board at No. 14. If the Bills move him inside (or to right tackle), he'll succeed. Zebrie Sanders was also a steal in the sixth round." - Mel Kiper

Prisco also believed Glenn was a 1st round talent.

"I really liked the Bills getting Cordy Glenn in the second round. He had first-round ability and should be an immediate starter at left tackle." - Pete Prisco.

Kiper is an idiot...no idea how he has not been replaced after all these years. I cant stand listening to him. I remember when Colt McCoy dropped in the draft and he went on an on about it all through the first round, look at Colt now Mel.

I'd say we have a pretty good track record of taking mediocre and/or completely unknown talent and turning them into good-to-very good starters at LT. First Peters, then Bell, now Hairston....none of these guys had any sort of pedigree, although Hairston was considered good value. So now we have a monster first round talent to work with...if the Bills want this kid to play LT, I have no doubt that's where he'll end up playing.

thats a great point zepp....I hope they can do great things with him (and also wouldnt mind seeing him come to camp 25 pounds lighter/quicker)

Bills got a couple steals in this draft

Glenn, Sanders, Brooks and Tank all could have went at least a round earlier then Bills got them

Overall I give the draft a B though. Graham appears to be a question mark but I like him better then most and didn't hzve a problem giving up a 7th round pick to get the player they wanted.

I am never a fan of taking a corner that early but if you do it has to be for a pure shutdown corner which I don't think Gilmore is. Not saying he isn't good just would have preferred more of an impact player there or even a trade down.

I think it is a very good point to make, that Buffalo has a track record, perhaps BETTER THAN any other NFL club, of taking virtually undrafted talents, or, at least, players not projected to be great LT's in the NFL, and turning them into good to excellent LT's. That tells me Buffalo KNOWS what they need to have, talent wise, in a player, and they know they can teach that talent to play.

Now, you add a guy who is physically supposed to be very capable of playing LT - and you let Buffalo work with him... we're going to have a good LT in Glenn. I like Hairston, too, so I think we're now, for the first time in a good number of years, FINALLY SET on the Offensive line! I really like the players and the depth we now have (I just hope Buffalo gets the middle of the line re-signed so we can count on them all playing together for a long time).

At the very least, I expect Buffalo now has it's Defensive and Offensive lines set for the next 4 to 5 years. They've got most of their secondary and WR corps set, too. They've got depth at the linebacker spot, and they have at least one RB for the next 4 years. If things don't pan out this year due to QB play, or lack of overall talent and readiness, I think they'll be able to go into next year's offseason and finish this roster, get the final pieces, and be ready to be a contender for the next half decade. It was a good draft. I can't wait to see these guys play together.

thats a great point zepp....I hope they can do great things with him (and also wouldnt mind seeing him come to camp 25 pounds lighter/quicker)

Definitely agree...345 is too damn big for a LT. I think you're right on the money when you say 25 lb...a 320 lb LT with a huge wingspan and strong as an ox? Hell yes!

Bills got a couple steals in this draft

Glenn, Sanders, Brooks and Tank all could have went at least a round earlier then Bills got them

Overall I give the draft a B though. Graham appears to be a question mark but I like him better then most and didn't hzve a problem giving up a 7th round pick to get the player they wanted.

I am never a fan of taking a corner that early but if you do it has to be for a pure shutdown corner which I don't think Gilmore is. Not saying he isn't good just would have preferred more of an impact player there or even a trade down.

I would have preferred Kuechly in the 1st, but we didn't have much say in that. I agree with you that Gilmore doesn't fit the mold of a shut-down corner. On the flip side, he's a good egg and I'm proud to have him on the Bills, and I think he's a good addition to the defense as a whole.

So based on this past success; is it safe to say that Glenn will be wearing green and eating cheese steaks in the city of brotherly love come contract time?

So based on this past success; is it safe to say that Glenn will be wearing green and eating cheese steaks in the city of brotherly love come contract time?

Sure, if he's injury prone +/- thinking more about his contract than performing.

As someone who loves the city of Philadelphia, I can't say I'd blame him if that ends up being the case, but I have to think that sooner or later the Bills will feel one of these guys is worth a long term investment. Hopefully it's Glenn!

I am wondering if there are more bi polar comments about any other player in this draft

- Maylock......"Cordy Glenn is a guard"

- Maylock......"after seeing Cordy in person at the combine....moves much better then I thought.....I need to evaluate

- Maylock........after the combine....Cordy Glenn is a guard.....but he is a first rounder

- Kiper......"Cordy Glenn is a top 15 talent at G or RT"

- Brisco......"Will start immediately at LT"

NONE of these guys get it......They dont see the mobility of Kalil so Cordy....even though he moves very well....cannot play RT......it is Cordy's super LENGTH combined with his very good mobility that makes him a LT spot.....very strong too.....he is a guy....even when he is beat? he is not beat....A HANDFUL of starts as a LT in the SEC and got better at it EVERY game....that means he hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

These guys get paid to guess. Buddy and Chan get paid to get it right.

This.

Peters was an UDFA at TE and Bell didn't get serious about football until College. I think teams/Bills looks for the measurables and believe they can teach the rest. I believe finding a LT later in the draft, to develop, is a lot more common than people would assume. Sure if you get lucky enough to pick the first LT off the board in a draft there is no need to look later in the draft.