Tavon Wilson should explain TJ Graham

For those lamenting that TJ was taken too soon, you should look no further than NE's pick in the 2nd round. He was off many board completely, but there were the Pats taking him where they did.

It's easy to say so-and-so will be there later in the draft, but unless you have secret video into every war room in the league, you can never be sure what another team is really thinking.

One think I'd love to see is a Wikipedia page that goes over Kiper's (or any other "expert's") mocks over the last 10-20 years and see how right, or wrong they really were. So many people glace at someone else's research and somehow that makes you an expert.

If you don't trust the Bills brass, just say so and stop citing details that you really don't understand anyway. Taller does not mean better (ask Welker, or Steve Smith). Faster does not necessarily mean better (ask Jerry Rice). You've not met the kid. You've not watched him in practice, so stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess because some of the draftniks rated TJ lower than the 3rd, we screwed up by taking him so soon. Because draftniks working on their own know more than the collective wisdom of the Bills scouting department.

It's interesting that players don't get drafted according to Mel Kiper's board. Not this year. Not any year. Hmmm... maybe because Kipe's board doesn't match the boards used by the teams? Because the teams study players in greater depth with greater resources than Kiper does?

Fans across the country get upset when their team drafts a player that Kiper or McShay or whoever doesn't like or rated lower. Funny who we decide to trust.

I do positively know atleast one other team where interested in him, and was on thier list of players to take around the 5th round if he was still there. Who really knows what every teams board looks like, may have been another them that had him higher as well and thats why Bills moved up to make sure they got him.

1. You can't coach speed.
  2. With our #1 Glenn, Fitz will have more time to throw.
  3. TJ has speed and skills to get open and fly downfield.
  4. We could have a scary offense this year.

1. As a track coach, I beg to differ, and Don Beebe has speed camps as well.

2. Glenn was our #2

3. I hope so

4. I hope so

FYP :-P

Ur a track coach? For where? What level?

Varsity Level, Buffalo local. I'd rather not divulge my entire ID on a post. You can PM me if you want to know more. I am already up as I have an invite to coach my kids thru

For those lamenting that TJ was taken too soon, you should look no further than NE's pick in the 2nd round. He was off many board completely, but there were the Pats taking him where they did.

It's easy to say so-and-so will be there later in the draft, but unless you have secret video into every war room in the league, you can never be sure what another team is really thinking.

One think I'd love to see is a Wikipedia page that goes over Kiper's (or any other "expert's") mocks over the last 10-20 years and see how right, or wrong they really were. So many people glace at someone else's research and somehow that makes you an expert.

If you don't trust the Bills brass, just say so and stop citing details that you really don't understand anyway. Taller does not mean better (ask Welker, or Steve Smith). Faster does not necessarily mean better (ask Jerry Rice). You've not met the kid. You've not watched him in practice, so stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

Nix obviously thinks that Graham has what it takes to be the perfect compliment to Stevie Johnson. Will it happen that way? Who knows. Nix doesn't even know for sure. But I'm excited that Nix feels that this kid was worthy enough to move up and take in the third round. That's a high pick and Nix seems like someone who knows his "stuff" when it comes to evaluating players. I think that coach Gailey wanted to find that WR that the defense was going to be afraid in the mold of Deshaun Jackson in Philly...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/665410-the-top-25-fastest-players-in-nfl-history#/articles/665410-the-top-25-fastest-players-in-nfl-history/page/2

I do think that the Bills should think about hedging their bets counting on immediate returns from Graham and/or Easley and sign TO just in case neither are ready at the beginning of the season. This team looks ready to make a real playoff run this year and having TO, even as a backup, would make me feel better about the #2 position going into 2012. Does anyone else think that TO would make a good transitional #2 for Graham and/or Easley?

1. You can't coach speed.
  2. With our #1 Glenn, Fitz will have more time to throw.
  3. TJ has speed and skills to get open and fly downfield.
  4. We could have a scary offense this year.

You can't coach speed. okay, but fast doesn't mean he can catch, according to one report i read his record shows a lot of drops.

We will not have a scary offense. We will improve and maybe get to be an average offense and hope our improved defense makes up for the rest.

You can't coach speed. okay, but fast doesn't mean he can catch, according to one report i read his record shows a lot of drops.

We will not have a scary offense. We will improve and maybe get to be an average offense and hope our improved defense makes up for the rest.

When everyone was healthy last year, our offense was better than average.

Yeah speed kills but it doesnt matter if he can't get open on routes or catch the ball. I still think we should target mcnutt this round, why stop at one little guy? we could get both an be set at WR :)

Damn, if only someone had told Buddy this.

My hope is that TJ turns out to be another Don Beebe type of pick. Unknown speedster who ends up doing pretty well in the NFL.

We know the Bills need some speed on the WR crew, and Graham has it. Good chance he will be a kick-off return hero too. We have some guys who were on IR last year that will get a chance to prove their worth in training camp.

I'm trusting the Bills brain-trust to bring guys into camp who will make the team better, and so far each pick has addressed a known team need.

Go Bills!

:beer:

Denarius Moore - raiders was considered a 7 rounder or fa. The raiders ignored that and made their own analysis and picked him in the 5th. Moore and Graham look like the same prospect. There will be 3rd rounders through 7th rounders that outplay blackmon and floyd....happens every year.