Upshaw still on the board

He seems like the type of player that will end up with Baltimore and then kick butt for them for the next 10 years. I don't think he fits our D per se, but he's the type that the type the analysts will gush over and say "he's a football player"

He seems like the type of player that will end up with Baltimore and then kick butt for them for the next 10 years. I don't think he fits our D per se, but he's the type that the type the analysts will gush over and say "he's a football player"

in our D, hed be kelsay. which if that means ten year rotational player that is well respect as a second rounder, i wouldnt mind. you just have to know what the expectations are. hes not going to light up sacks for you, but he could still be valuable. smart, hardworker, respected and can play a role.

odds are someone else will be there that fits both need and has slid though.

Edited by NoSaint

I agree NoSaint, I loved watching Upshaw in college. A very hard hitter that always seems to be around the ball. If we go defense in the 2nd round, I'd prefer Lavonte David or Vinny Curry. Curry would be great to add to the pass rush as we imitate the Giants model.

I posted yesterday he's gonna be a steal for someone. Might not fit the Bills but I think he's gonna be a great player somewhere. His measurables doomed him And he's a classic cases of teams overlooking his production and overhyping his measurable.

Upshaw was my choice for #10 through most of the offseason. Up until we announced the official switch to the 43.

I really like the kid and think he will do well in the NFL. But I just dont think he has a spot on our defense.

What spot does he have in any NFL defense?

He's still on the board because he doesn't have an NFL position. He's (relatively) small and slow.

He is a heck of a college player, and he may well turn out great somewhere in the NFL, but he's definitely a risk because of his poor measureables.

I have to believe the Bills are grabbing either OLT or WR with the next pick - probably OLT based on Buddy's comments last night to Chris Brown.

He's still on the board because he doesn't have an NFL position. He's (relatively) small and slow.

He is a heck of a college player, and he may well turn out great somewhere in the NFL, but he's definitely a risk because of his poor measureables.

I have to believe the Bills are grabbing either OLT or WR with the next pick - probably OLT based on Buddy's comments last night to Chris Brown.

The same position he played well in college. OLB/DE in a 34. Had we stayed in 34, I think he could have been very successful at replacing Merriman. Same size, 1 inch shorter.

Edited by DrDareustein

I once thought he might have been our pick. But I really believe him in the 2nd is going to be a steal for someone. He seems like a real good kid who was productive in a big time conference. He obviously isn't a need but if he was the pick, I won't might it at all.

he weighs 270 (big enough), but isnt fast enough to be the explosive pick you want early.

hes not going to be a get to the qb type of player, but at 270 he can play end in a 43 and be effective, or even 34 olb but is probably a bit slow.

i think hed fit here, but i think his "role" in this D is almost spot on kelsays, if you want a comparable (obviously not the exact same players, but im getting at a broad strokes vision of what hed do here, using guys the board will know). not a terrible value in the second, if there isnt a potential gamechanger left. i think hed be very safe.

pretty much my thoughts- I was trying to think of the position where he fits the best and ILB for the 3-4 is what I came up with- it will be interesting to see how far he drops, he's a good football player but I think there are guys who are a more prototypical fit for a team into the third round if you are looking for a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE.

Good. If other teams think he's good...that bumps down another OT or WR option to us.

I hope there is a run on TE too. I hope somebody trades up to get Clemson's TE....after Fleener is gone.

The more bumpin', the more thumpin' :D

Edited by OCinBuffalo