Does anybody realize the Steelers are coming?!?

Bob4Bills

All these topics centering on other potential outcomes raises the question of weather anybody realizes the leagues best team is taking the field Sunday against our Bills. I haven't seen one post discussing how were going to crack their front seven to keep Bledsoe erect, get to Maddox while trying to contain argueably the finest trio of receivers on any team or consistantly plug running lanes that no one else has been able to. As I stated on an earlier reply, smashing victories against lower eschelon teams has only created a belief that we can beat great teams as we haven't beaten anyone with a winning record when we played them. It seems as if everyone's either foolishly looking past them or are too afraid to talk about it. I can't see how anyone could think this one's 'in the bag' just because we've whooped a lot of crappy teams lately. With the possible exception of raidernation, Steeler fans have been buying up every last RWS tix every year we're on their schedule and are the most supported opposition fans we encounter at the stadium. That's not going to change Sunday and won't bode well for 12th man influence. IF the performance enhancement we've witnessed the last six weeks is bona fide and we can win this game- through any cicumstance- then we'll know this team is great and we'll enjoy an offseason of great expectations. Then again, depending on how all these other chips fall that everyone seems to want to talk about, we could be aboard a surreal Super Bowl bandwagon!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, if you for some reason think that Bills Nation is not going to be in the house for the most important game at the Ralph in years I'd say you were off your rocker.

Second, How can we propose anything seeing we don't know who is going to play. I would assume that Mularkey/Clements/Gray are going to draw up their game plans assuming the starters are playing.

Lastly, if you have read most of the posts you'd see that most folks are being cautiously optimistic about this game.

That is what I have been trying to say...

I think most here are hoping the steelers lie down for them and then they can just sit back and scoreboard watch...

183855[/snapback]

Probably, but did it occur to you that maybe the Bills *could* beat the Steelers at their best? I'm not saying that will happen, because we may not see the Steelers at full strength for the entire 60 minutes.

Besides, put yourself in Cowher's shoes. Would you want to risk a season-ending injury to Roethlisberger right now? Or Ward? Or Bettis? Or Porter? I don't care what he says in the press conference, if I were him, I'd be sitting those guys for the second half.

The Bills are playing the best out of any team in the NFL, Including Pittsburgh.

Look at what the Bills have done against Cincinnati and San Francisco, and then look at what Pittsburgh did against the Giants. Good teams find a way to win, sure. Great teams absolutely destroy weaker opponets. That is what the Bills are doing, and this is something the Steelers are not doing.

Good point Bob. I think everyone is so excited about the playoff potential, that we are taking this game for granted. I think that is because it is extremely likely that a lot of the Steelers starters will not play in this game. We all know the Steelers are the top team in the AFC, but I am not that threatened when we know that Roethlisberger won't be playing, Bettis will see little if any playing time, and that Ward, Burress, and Randle-El will see little playing time. I can not see Cowher risking his players for that long in a game that has no emphasis on their playoff situation.

Having said all of this, I do believe even if the Steelers intentions were to play like this game meant everything to them, the Bills would still beat them.

I say that because the Bills attitude has changed tremendously. I saw it in Seattle & SF. Yes they have been beating weaker opponents, but they feel like they can beat anyone, no matter how good the other team is.

Even if the Bills do not make the playoffs, this team will be a major contender in 2005.

Two words... Tommy freekin Maddox. If we can't beat him than this was an illusion. In fact I wish Big Ben THE ROOKIE was playing. I'm not worried about the 12th man at all. I've been to many a game with steeler fan there and they get drown out everytime. Remember it's January in Buffalo and we're HUNGRY!!!

I think most here are hoping the steelers lie down for them and then they can just sit back and scoreboard watch...

183855[/snapback]

Sorry Steeler fan, but you've got it wrong. Your Steelers looked very beatable against a crappy Giants team a couple weeks back. Factor in that we'll get no Bettis, no Burress and probably no Roethlisberger and the way the Bills have been playing lately and it's not a stretch to think the Bills will win in our house. But beyond that, the fact remains tha wiining is not enough to get our Bills in. We need outside help. Since making the playoffs assumes a Bills win to begin with, the scenarios become more intriguing than this game. If we lose we stay home for sure, so it's not worth discussing.I'm sure I'd feel diffently if this game was in Pittsburgh or if the Steelers needed this game. ;)

The reason there's not been much discussion about the Steelers:

1) No one's sure who the Steelers are going to play, and for how long. A battle of two full-strength teams would be exciting and would create more discussion, but that doesn't seem to be the case this week.

2) Like it or not, Buffalo's playoff destiny is in the hands of other teams, so of course there's going to be a focus on Jets-Rams and Indy-Denver. The Bills have three important games this week, not one.

I don't care if the an all hall-of-fame team is coming into town this weekend. Buffalo is so hot they can beat anyone, especially the best record team in the NFL that has little to play for.

Bills will win, no doubt about it, its the other games that we should be worried about.'

183855[/snapback]

I will never take one thing away from the season the steelers had. I thought that they were soft at cb, and did not fear Ben.

This game is different for obvious reasons, and the Bills (and their fans) are on fire. I am guessing, but I think you dread even the possibility of facing us in the playoffs. Were I you, I would rather face the weak broncos, or the hapless jests.

Am I right?

183855[/snapback]

If the tables were turned, you Steelers fans wouldnt have the same reaction?!?!?! PLEEEASE!!!!

Yeah, lets have a troll tell us what we are thinking ;)

I hope they do play us full strength for a a full game. Our chances at a playoff are pretty slim, so if were not going to make it, lets at least beat them, and give them something to think about come playoff time.

Please, don't lie down for the Bills, Pittsburgh. You will pay for it.

Pittsburgh at full strength is the most physically dominating team in the league.

183899[/snapback]

I agree....I find it hard to say any 14-1 team isnt "all that"....but with the circumstances of this week, I feel confident...if Pitt was 13-2 and playing for something...now thats another story

The Bills are playing the best out of any team in the NFL, Including Pittsburgh. 

Look at what the Bills have done against Cincinnati and San Francisco, and then look at what Pittsburgh did against the Giants.  Good teams find a way to win, sure.  Great teams absolutely destroy weaker opponets.  That is what the Bills are doing, and this is something the Steelers are not doing.

183873[/snapback]

Now that is cowbell!

(see his avatar - its like Will Ferrell having a seizure)