Does Dre Kirkpatrick make sense?

I have heard a lot about Buffalo being interested in trading for Dre Kirkpatrick out of Alabama. Some experts have tagged him as Buffalo's first round draft pick. My question is, does it really make sense to take him? Of course, our CB situation could definitely be improved, but I think there are more pressing issues at OT, WR, and OLB that need to be addressed before we make this pick.

I have heard a lot about Buffalo being interested in trading for Dre Kirkpatrick out of Alabama. Some experts have tagged him as Buffalo's first round draft pick. My question is, does it really make sense to take him? Of course, our CB situation could definitely be improved, but I think there are more pressing issues at OT, WR, and OLB that need to be addressed before we make this pick.

I don't even......what?

I will be extremely unpleased should the Bills draft CB at #10.

I feel as though we successfully excised the spirit of Dick Jauron and his annual 1st round selections of DB's.

On that premise alone, I'll be frustrated if they do anything other than LT, WR, or LB at #10- in that order.

Im hoping we dont personally. think we have more pressing holes, and think he wasnt consistant enough in college, had some bad games then good ones. Not saying dont think will be good, but consistancy is extremely important for a CB, and not sure if hes an upgrade or more of the same for us, just younger.

Yes ... at 17

I will be extremely unpleased should the Bills draft CB at #10.

I feel as though we successfully excised the spirit of Dick Jauron and his annual 1st round selections of DB's.

On that premise alone, I'll be frustrated if they do anything other than LT, WR, or LB at #10- in that order.

Our CBs did get just a bit lit up last year. Some of it is due to pass rush, but I think it goes deeper than that. Go back to the first Jets game. Their offense came in reeling, barely able to move. Then we made Sanchez look like a pro-bowler he was hitting short an intermediate routes with ease to wide-open receivers.

Terrence McGee is getting old and injured too often, still bitter we signed him over Jabari Greer a few years ago. Drayton Florence is OK, but inconsistent. Leodis McKelvin still hasn't been able to win a starting job in his own right without someone being injured despite being the "best CB in the draft" and #11 pick. And we'll find out if Aaron Williams is the real deal this year.

CB is not a crazy pick and Kirkpatrick is a hell of a player...

3 best CB in the draft at # 10???

if we can't trade down and that's who they like. At the end of the day all that matters is that the guy is a player and will be a starter. Look at all the first round Redrafts that have been published that look 3-4 years back.

Here's one... 2008

While 8 of the top 10 picks are deemed "first round worthy" in this re-draft, only Matt Ryan and Sedrick Ellis were picked where they should. The rest all move back at least 5 slots with Glenn Dorsey moving from #5 back to #18 and Keith Rivers moving from #9 back to #24 and has since been cut. Look at the end of the first round, our Stevie Johnson, on the basis of performance of this draft class should have been a 1st round pick.

IF they like Kirkpatrick and can trade back, absolutely do it, but if they can't they should pick him...

Not after I read this piece...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-50-18-dre-kirkpatrick-cb-alabama-170352762.html

"Cons: While Kirkpatrick is an excellent contact defender, he's far from a form tackler -- he loves to give "kill shots" with his shoulder, and more experienced NFL receivers will teach him what most every college highlight hitter eventually learns at the next level: The pro guys will eat your lunch with that stuff. He'll miss tackles and lose engagement with players because he's too busy throwing himself or somebody else around. Loses jump-ball battles too often for a player his size. Not always an assignment-correct cover man in zone -- he'll bump into his own defenders at times and fails to establish awareness in space when he's covering larger areas."

That sounds like McKelvin 2.0

I think it's going to be Gilmore or Kuechly.