taking a break from draft talk name a better 1-2 RB combo in the leagu

With C.J finally learning a bit about patience and letting blocks develop down field instead of making the mistake of trying to outrun nfl defenders he's now poised to emerge as a beast this year. Along with Freddy who already is an all pro to me you'll be hard pressed to find a better 1-2 punch in the league...thoughts?

Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart are watching you.

Along with the Raiders group of backs, 49ers pair of Gore and now Jacobs, Philly, New Orleans, Chiefs, Cowboys, there's a few more but those are just off the top of my head.

However I agree with you. They SHOULD be great. If only Chan doesn't give up on the run like last year when CJ would have 60+ and a TD in the first half of a gr only to run it 6 times in the 2nd half.

Along with the Raiders group of backs, 49ers pair of Gore and now Jacobs, Philly, New Orleans, Chiefs, Cowboys, there's a few more but those are just off the top of my head.

However I agree with you. They SHOULD be great. If only Chan doesn't give up on the run like last year when CJ would have 60+ and a TD in the first half of a gr only to run it 6 times in the 2nd half.

Well considering Michael Bush is no longer with the Raiders.... I'd take them out. Jacobs is very hit or miss. He's good when his head is in the game. Horrible short yardage back. Jackson is better, and Spiller has a much higher ceiling. The Eagles?!? Uhh I guess you're counting Mike Vick, cause Ronnie Brown hasn't been a good rb for years lol. New Orleans Def has a case. As far as the chiefs go Thomas Jones is done as a productive rb, a few years ago he was awesome his better days are def behind him. The Cowboys remain to be seem the potential is there. The only legit argument out of these listed seems to be New Orleans. As far as Stewart/Williams go neither one of them have hit 1000 yards in over 3 years. They're living off their 09 performance, and while Williams is a big play threat, neither one of them are all that capable as every down backs

Edited by Stealth

Panthers I think are #1 Williams and Stewart and goodson

Then bills at #2 Freddie and CJ

Saints Pierre thomas, mark Ingram, Chris ivory

Texans Arian foster, ben tate

Finally at #5 cowboys demarco Murray, and Felix jones

Well, being ahead in the game would probably solve that more than anything . . .

But, to the question: Hard to think of another one, although I still think Spiller has to prove he can do it over the course of a season, a few good games (halfs ???) do not a pro-bowler make.

Well considering Michael Bush is no longer with the Raiders.... I'd take them out. Jacobs is very hit or miss. He's good when his head is in the game. Horrible short yardage back. Jackson is better, and Spiller has a much higher ceiling. The Eagles?!? Uhh I guess you're counting Mike Vick, cause Ronnie Brown hasn't been a good rb for years lol. New Orleans Def has a case. As far as the chiefs go Thomas Jones is done as a productive rb, a few years ago he was awesome his better days are def behind him. The Cowboys remain to be seem the potential is there. The only legit argument out of these listed seems to be New Orleans. As far as Stewart/Williams go neither one of them have hit 1000 yards in over 3 years. They're living off their 09 performance, and while Williams is a big play threat, neither one of them are all that capable as every down backs

KC's RBs would now be Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis and RB/WR Dexter McCluster.. not to mention, didn't Bush just go to Chicago? That's a pretty nice pairing with Forte.

Edited by Quester74

Panthers I think are #1 Williams and Stewart and goodson

Then bills at #2 Freddie and CJ

Saints Pierre thomas, mark Ingram, Chris ivory

Texans Arian foster, ben tate

Finally at #5 cowboys demarco Murray, and Felix jones

Saints have sproles too

I like our two more than anyone else because they can both catch as well.

I also think we will have the best 1-2 combo of interior defensive linemen in the league this year in Dareus and Kyle.

So if "run and stop the run" is the key to winning (although the Patriots did neither and still won the AFC) we're looking pretty good.

I like our two more than anyone else because they can both catch as well.

I also think we will have the best 1-2 combo of interior defensive linemen in the league this year in Dareus and Kyle.

So if "run and stop the run" is the key to winning (although the Patriots did neither and still won the AFC) we're looking pretty good.

Is "run and stop the run" the way to win in the NFL anymore? Just wondering...

Saints have sproles too

Right. Counting Sproles it would hard to argue against the Saints stable. That said, if Fred and CJ were on the Saints, they could be even better than the Saints guys overall. The way Jackson was playing last year, he would have been sick on a team like the Saints, Packers, Patriots, etc. And IMO, Cjs average per carry of 5.2 was actually more impressive than Fred Ex's 5.5. Considering both of their pass catching ability and Fred's blocking, we really do have a dynamic duo that may be unequaled overall.

Ya your crazy. I think you underestimate teams like the Saints, Chiefs, Panthers for sure while overvaluing Jackson and Spiller based on only potential. As I said I agree that they COULD be very scary it's all unknown to this point. While Fred is great at all phases of the game he's never produced as many rushing yards as half the guys on those teams I mentioned. Spiller is not even in the se league production wise YET. Charles and McClister alone are a better team than our guys not to mention the "old" but still proving he's just as good as Jackson, Thomas Jones. The same goes for Gore and Jacobs as I said. In the end, IF, and that's a big IF, Chan decides to not give up on the run, we SHOULD be considered a top 3 rushing tandem. That's unless the 30+ year old man breaks a hip. For anyone thinking Fred will not start to slow down very fast you are out of your minds. CJ is the future of this team and we should all be hoping Chan sees that too and uses him much more this season.

1335138052[/url]' post='2443069']

Gore and Jacobs??? Lol. I've seen every niner game over the last 3 years and IMO, he's one of the most overrated backs ever. Good production, yes, but he doesn't impress me. My niner fan/homer buddy has been hoping they would draft a new RB every year. He can't stand him. He's ok, bit I'd take Cj and Fred over him every day. Jacobs can't hold either of their jocks. The new Orleans rbs? Felix jones and demarco Murray? McFadden and who? LeSean McCoy and who? Charles and HILLIS? The top of your head is clouded.

Edited by NewEra

Gore and Jacobs??? Lol. I've seen every niner game over the last 3 years and IMO, he's one of the most overrated backs ever. Good production, yes, but he doesn't impress me. My niner fan/homer buddy has been hoping they would draft a new RB every year. He can't stand him. He's ok, bit I'd take Cj and Fred over him every day. Jacobs can't hold either of their jocks. The new Orleans rbs? Felix jones and demarco Murray? McFadden and who? LeSean McCoy and who? Charles and HILLIS? The top of your head is clouded.

Sproles was one of the very best and most valuable RBs in the entire league last year. Thomas has proven himself. Ingram is solid and young. What exactly do you not like about the Saints RBs? The chiefs are a question mark but if Charles and Hillis are healthy, which is questionable, that's a very formidable duo.