predict Bills first 3 picks-and predict how it plays out

Pete

With clear needs at WR, LB, CB, and T- this is the hardest year to predict the Bills that I can recall. IMO the 10 pick is between Gilmore, Kuechly, and T(Reiff, Martin, or Glenn}. The pick will come down to who is still available, and who slides. And I do believe Nix will trade down if any takers.

scenerio #1 - we stay at 10 and Gilmore is still available

1-Gilmore CB. Gilmore is one of the big movers on draft boards now and I am not sure he will be available at 10. If so Gilmore is the pick

2-Mike Adams OT. We need 2 tackles from this draft, and Adams slides to us after testing positive for reefer.

3-Nick Toon WR Adds some size to WR position

scenerio #2 - we stay at 10 and Gilmore is off board

1- Reiff or Cordy Glenn. I think we get our first tackle here. And the pick will come down to if Nix feels Glenn can play LT in the NFL. If so Glenn, if not Reiff.

2-Lavonte David LB Would bring much speed and playmaking to our LB corps.

3-AJ Jenkins WR the speed we are looking for at WR

scenerio #3 Cowboys trade up for Mark Barron, and we pick at 14 with additional 3rd rounder

1-Cordy Glenn OT/G

2-Bobby Massie OT

3-Bruce Irvin OLB

I think all 3 scenarios are plausible. So my final answer is scenario #2 with us selecting Reiff-David-Jenkins.

What do you got?

I've been thinking about it a lot, too. I think it's a deep draft for areas of our needs - WR's, OLB's, CB's, and there might be 4-8 OT's that end up playing well in the NFL, although which ones will be good LT's is the hardest part of this whole draft equation, because there's a chance OT's in the 2nd and 3rd round, a few of them, might end up being better LT's than some of the other guys supposed to go after Kalil.

The good thing for Buffalo, I think Keuchly, Floyd, Reiff, Glenn, Kirkpatrick, and maybe Gilmore will be available to them at 10. That's 6 players who could come in and start, and help, right away - at a position of need. So, it's up to whoever the Bills feel has the best potential.

There will be guys available in the 3rd and 4th who will be able to start at times, too. I'm really growing more and more fond of Russel Wilson in the 4th round. I think this kid might end up being the steal of the draft. I hope Buffalo's team of scouts has a bunch of em lined up.

Stephon Gilmore - CB with the prototype size and skills to match

Vinny Curry - very talented 4-3 DE who would give the Bills a "Giant"-like rotation of pass rushers and also adds depth to two DEs who are coming off injuries

James Brown - versatile OT/G can develop and adds depth to the line

Edited by 1billsfan

Realistically:

1- Cordy Glenn

2- Josh Robinson

3- Brian Quick

OR

1- Stephon Gilmore

2- Mike Adams

3- Kirk Cousins

Dream Scenario:

1- Cordy Glenn (trade down with SD to #19 and get their 2nd rounder)

2- Rueben Randle (our 2nd rounder)

2- Lavonte David (San Diego's 2nd rounder)

2- Josh Robinson (trade our 3rd and 4th to get back into middle of round 2)

Really, no tackles in our first 4 picks?

No, I honestly do not think we'll go with one. I believe they're confident that Hairston can man the LT spot, and will not go Tackle until later on in the draft, unless Kalil falls to us. If that does happen, then I don't think we trade down.

Edited by Florida Gator 14