Final Mock

Buffaloed in Pa

Final mock after hearing Buddy and Boys this week.

Rd1 Luke Kuechly Lb Boston

Rd2 Josh Robinson Cb UCF 5-10 200 4.33 Forty

Rd3 Wr Brian Quick Appl St.

Rd4a Brandon Mosely O.T. Auburn Long arms

Rd4b Nick Foles Qb Arizona. Chan will work wonders ?

Rd5a Vontaze Burfict Arizona St. Could be a steal here. Barnett worked with him. If in shape could help inside LBs

Rd5b Philip Blake Baylor...We need a Backup Center

Rd6 Jeff Adams O.T. Columbia Another Big long armed Athlete

Rd7a Donavan Robinson OLB Jackson St.

Rd7b Derrius Brooks Cb Western Kentucky 4.29 and 4.33 forty times

I settled on this mock. I still could go a number of other ways. Tried to fill our most needed spots. Gilmore or Floyd could also go rd.1 as we all know. The draft cannot come soon enough. Te picked up in free agency. Lets Go Buffaloooooo.

My final mock:

RD1--- LT Jonathan Martin-----Nix: "The best tackles in the league were drafted in the top 10"

RD2--- LB/DE Bruce Irvin------in for a visit

RD3--- WR Brian Quick---------in for a visit

RD4--- CB Jamell Fleming------in for a visit

RD4--- LB Tank Carder---------in for a visit

RD5--- QB Russell Wilson------in for a visit

RD5--- S De’Quan Menzie------in for a visit

RD6--- DE Olivier Vernon------in for a visit

RD7--- DT Travian Robertson---depth

RD7---

Astro

My final mock:

RD1--- LT Jonathan Martin-----Nix: "The best tackles in the league were drafted in the top 10"

RD5--- S De’Quan Menzie------in for a visit

RD7---

Astro

I could live with this. I just got the feeling Buddy wasn`t sold on a O.T. at ten. I would like to trade down and get more picks in the 1st or 2nd and get Hightower or the Beast of a kid in the 2nd named Mychal Kendricks from cal. Short but a powerhouse at 5-11 240 4.47 forty 39 inch vertical and 30+ benches at the combine. We could get him in the 3rd if lucky. Like I said I could come up with so many different mocks.

Quick won't be around in the 3rd and I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than draft Burflict.

So, how do you really feel?

Rd5a Vontaze Burfict Arizona St. Could be a steal here. Barnett worked with him. If in shape could help inside LBs

I settled on this mock. I still could go a number of other ways. Tried to fill our most needed spots. Gilmore or Floyd could also go rd.1 as we all know. The draft cannot come soon enough. Te picked up in free agency. Lets Go Buffaloooooo.

Talent-wise, this seems like a good draft. However, I thought we were going after taller corners.

So, how do you really feel?

Talent-wise, this seems like a good draft. However, I thought we were going after taller corners. Not that many in there. Speed kills baby. That pass rush ,means more picks,with speed taking them to the house. Also Robinson is a great return man.

1334968847[/url]' post='2442057']

My final mock:

RD5--- S De'Quan Menzie------in for a visit

RD7---

Astro

For our system, I think Irvin is a reach in the 2nd. I love his talent, but the only thing he's done in college is rush the passer, making him a DE for us. He's got the athleticism to convert into a OLB in the 4-3 I suppose, as he has the speed to run with TEs amd rbs in coverage, but I wouldnt wanna use our 2nd pick on him. Other than that, the draft is ok (although I really don't want To draft a LT at 10).

I could live with this. I just got the feeling Buddy wasn`t sold on a O.T. at ten. I would like to trade down and get more picks in the 1st or 2nd and get Hightower or the Beast of a kid in the 2nd named Mychal Kendricks from cal. Short but a powerhouse at 5-11 240 4.47 forty 39 inch vertical and 30+ benches at the combine. We could get him in the 3rd if lucky. Like I said I could come up with so many different mocks.

I think the correct interpretation is that Buddy would love to take an OT at 10, but only if the OTs he wants at 10 are on the board.

Doug Whaley: You look at Jonathan Martin first of all coming from Stanford; he's going to be a highly intelligent guy. He's a competitive guy. I think he's a guy that has a chance to play both left and right tackle, so the versatility for him makes him very intriguing. Reiff, you just look at the pedigree from guys coming from Iowa. They're well schooled, well coached. The head coach there has coached in the league so he knows how to produce NFL linemen. You're going to get a guy that we believe, most people believe, and the pedigree from that school are going to come in and step in and compete right off the bat. Reiff I think he can play both, left and right. I think you start him out on the left and see how he goes from there. Those left tackles are hard to find like Buddy says. We believe that you start a guy there and if he fails it's easier to move him to right than right to left. With Glenn for us a guy of that size and that type of foot athlete you'd try him out at left tackle. He's got a chance to play there and produce there at a high level.

To me, the description of Jonathan Martin just doesn't sound like a guy they have graded at #10. Neither does their description of Glenn. They're not saying he could come in and compete right off the bat, like they are about Reiff.

So my take is either they like Reiff and take him if he's there, or they rule him out because they think he's topped out and he doesn't match what they want physically and they take another player at #10 and either try to trade up to get Glenn or Martin, or go with someone else if they're gone in the 2nd.

But maybe that's just me.

Edit: just curious, what's the prototypical size of a successful NFL LT? 5'11" sounds awfully short, especially if his wingspan is correspondingly short.

Edited by Hopeful

RD. 1 Michael Brockers DT-LSU

Rd. 2 Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama

RD.3 Zebrie Sanders OT FSU

RD.4 Nigel Bradham LB FSU

RD. 4 Tommy Streeter WR Miami (The U.)

RD.5 Orson Charles TE Georgia

RD.6 Quenton Washington CB USF

RD.7a. DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama

RD.7b. Coty Sensabaugh CB Clemson

Edit: just curious, what's the prototypical size of a successful NFL LT? 5'11" sounds awfully short, especially if his wingspan is correspondingly short.

According to Pat Kirwan's book the average height of a starting NFL OT is 6'5" (minimum is 6'3 3/4"), Average weight is 305 (minimum is 280), average 40 time is 5.10 (max is 5.30).

Well-done.

Don't know much about the OTs or Foles, but seems like a drfat with lots of needs covered and two good players in first two picks.

I agree with you. Don't mind Astros mock after round 3, but my first 3 would be:

Floyd

Best OT left

Mychal Kendricks

Maybe switch Tank at 4b for Ryan Broyles from Okla if he's still around. Get rid of some of the scrubs at WR we are keeping around.

For our system, I think Irvin is a reach in the 2nd. I love his talent, but the only thing he's done in college is rush the passer, making him a DE for us. He's got the athleticism to convert into a OLB in the 4-3 I suppose, as he has the speed to run with TEs amd rbs in coverage, but I wouldnt wanna use our 2nd pick on him. Other than that, the draft is ok (although I really don't want To draft a LT at 10).

Irvin is Maybin 2.0...

I think the correct interpretation is that Buddy would love to take an OT at 10, but only if the OTs he wants at 10 are on the board.

Doug Whaley: You look at Jonathan Martin first of all coming from Stanford; he's going to be a highly intelligent guy. He's a competitive guy. I think he's a guy that has a chance to play both left and right tackle, so the versatility for him makes him very intriguing. Reiff, you just look at the pedigree from guys coming from Iowa. They're well schooled, well coached. The head coach there has coached in the league so he knows how to produce NFL linemen. You're going to get a guy that we believe, most people believe, and the pedigree from that school are going to come in and step in and compete right off the bat. Reiff I think he can play both, left and right. I think you start him out on the left and see how he goes from there. Those left tackles are hard to find like Buddy says. We believe that you start a guy there and if he fails it's easier to move him to right than right to left. With Glenn for us a guy of that size and that type of foot athlete you'd try him out at left tackle. He's got a chance to play there and produce there at a high level.

To me, the description of Jonathan Martin just doesn't sound like a guy they have graded at #10. Neither does their description of Glenn. They're not saying he could come in and compete right off the bat, like they are about Reiff.

So my take is either they like Reiff and take him if he's there, or they rule him out because they think he's topped out and he doesn't match what they want physically and they take another player at #10 and either try to trade up to get Glenn or Martin, or go with someone else if they're gone in the 2nd.

But maybe that's just me.

5'11" was referring to the LB Kendricks, not a LT.

Edited by roccitybillsfan

I like the Kuechly , Quick picks but have you not heard the talk about Burfict ?? They say he is TERRIBLE on tape , they say he will go undrafted , they say he has a BAD temper problem , I SAY the Bills are so far away from that pick it ain't even funny !!!

RD. 1 Michael Brockers DT-LSU

Rd. 2 Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama

RD.3 Zebrie Sanders OT FSU

RD.4 Nigel Bradham LB FSU

RD. 4 Tommy Streeter WR Miami (The U.)

RD.5 Orson Charles TE Georgia

RD.6 Quenton Washington CB USF

RD.7a. DeQuan Menzie CB Alabama

RD.7b. Coty Sensabaugh CB Clemson

I'd be happy with Sanders at RD3, and you have stuck heavily with the SEC which Channix will do.

1. Stephon Gilmore, CB out of South Carolina

2. Bobbie Massie, OT out of Mississippi

3. Bruce Irvin, OLB out of West Virginia

4. Marvin McNutt, WR out of Iowa

4. Russell Wilson, QB out of Wisconsin

5. Tank Carder, OLB out of TCU

5. Matt McCants, OT out of UAB

6. De'Quan Menzie, CB/S out of Alabama

7. Travis Benjamin, WR out of Miami

7. Mason Cloy, C out of Clemson

Kendricks is a LB, not an OT. I'd love to have him slip to us at the top of the 3rd, but I suspect he'll go to a team like the Ravens in the 2nd.

1. Stephon Gilmore, CB out of South Carolina

2. Bobbie Massie, OT out of Mississippi

3. Bruce Irvin, OLB out of West Virginia

4. Marvin McNutt, WR out of Iowa

4. Russell Wilson, QB out of Wisconsin

5. Tank Carder, OLB out of TCU

5. Matt McCants, OT out of UAB

6. De'Quan Menzie, CB/S out of Alabama

7. Travis Benjamin, WR out of Miami

7. Mason Cloy, C out of Clemson

That's a very good mock, BGBIM. In the immortal words of John Butler, I'd be wiggling and shaking big time if we could pull that one off.

The only change I'd make is Mychal Kendricks (fingers crossed) in the 3rd.

The more I look at Massie, the more I think he's a Buddy kind of OT, so getting Gilmore in the first seems like a good value tradeoff to an OT at #10.

Kendricks is a LB, not an OT. I'd love to have him slip to us at the top of the 3rd, but I suspect he'll go to a team like the Ravens in the 2nd.

That's a very good mock, BGBIM. In the immortal words of John Butler, I'd be wiggling and shaking big time if we could pull that one off.

The only change I'd make is Mychal Kendricks (fingers crossed) in the 3rd.

The more I look at Massie, the more I think he's a Buddy kind of OT, so getting Gilmore in the first seems like a good value tradeoff to an OT at #10.

Kendricks could go in the early 2nd, and would be another piece of a trade-down in the first for the Bills. I'd love me Gilmore and Kendricks, with James Brown or Massie in RD2.

Im a fan of Kendricks as well, NFL radio said he has a little polamalu in him, because of his ability to make blockers miss and get to the ball.

I like the Kuechly , Quick picks but have you not heard the talk about Burfict ?? They say he is TERRIBLE on tape , they say he will go undrafted , they say he has a BAD temper problem , I SAY the Bills are so far away from that pick it ain't even funny !!!

They? I watched tape on him and at times he looked like a Ray Lewis type. At Times. Not that big a risk at rd 5 C`mon. Was working out with Nick Barnett. The dude has a nasty streak. I could go on and on.Go to youtube and watch some of his highlights ,then make your decision.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.