Final Mock

Buffaloed in Pa

The more I hear, the more I think the Bills will go CB 1st. Now worried that Jax might like Gilmore at 7. What a rising star - from mid-2nd in January to top 10 now. The depth at OT will allow them to take one in the 2nd, and an OLB in the 3rd without giving up much value. I love this list (BillsGuyBackInMalta's) for 2 additional reasons. One, the focus is more on quality, athletic guys who can perform at what could be termed "Olympic levels". Second, McNutt and Wilson are intriguing based on the excitement level they would bring, especially Wilson. It is intriguing just to see what he might do.

Edited by Cap'n Crunch

1. Stephon Gilmore, CB out of South Carolina

2. Bobbie Massie, OT out of Mississippi

3. Bruce Irvin, OLB out of West Virginia

4. Marvin McNutt, WR out of Iowa

4. Russell Wilson, QB out of Wisconsin

5. Tank Carder, OLB out of TCU

5. Matt McCants, OT out of UAB

6. De'Quan Menzie, CB/S out of Alabama

7. Travis Benjamin, WR out of Miami

7. Mason Cloy, C out of Clemson

THIS

I like gilmore but from what iv read and seen hes not that good in coverage.. We need a shutdown corner not someone whos just athletic. Watching some of his tape has me puzzled as to why he would be a top 10 pick. If we traded down maybe I could see it but I don't see buddy going for him at 10

I like gilmore but from what iv read and seen hes not that good in coverage.. We need a shutdown corner not someone whos just athletic. Watching some of his tape has me puzzled as to why he would be a top 10 pick. If we traded down maybe I could see it but I don't see buddy going for him at 10

That`s why I think we are going with Luke. We need backers badly. He really doesn`t seem that much of a risk. I do like Hightower or Kendricks from Cal also as MLBs.

My final mock:

RD1--- LT Jonathan Martin-----Nix: "The best tackles in the league were drafted in the top 10"

RD2--- LB/DE Bruce Irvin------in for a visit

RD3--- WR Brian Quick---------in for a visit

RD4--- CB Jamell Fleming------in for a visit

RD4--- LB Tank Carder---------in for a visit

RD5--- QB Russell Wilson------in for a visit

RD5--- S DeQuan Menzie------in for a visit

RD6--- DE Olivier Vernon------in for a visit

RD7--- DT Travian Robertson---depth

RD7---

Astro

I like your draft. Another thing - I made a post on another thread about the prospects teams bring in - wondering if teams spent much of their total allowance on players who would be available in the later rounds. It seemed to me that most teams spent the majority of their visits on guys who would all be gone after round 1. But, I noticed some teams spent more visits with guys who would be around later. Was there a correlation between preparing more for later round success and having better total drafts, I wondered? Anyway, it would be pretty cool if Buffalo ended up being able to draft a bunch of guys they actually took extra time evaluating. Would show a lot of foresight and preparedness on their part.

I am really psyched about this draft - I've got the feeling Buffalo is moving forward in the drafting department since Buddy's arrival, and now sits in the top tier of teams that is putting together a real power-house team via the draft. If only we could get our QB situation settled with a real star, I'd be so happy with this team.

Edited by sllib olaffub

You like him...He's a potential Top 10 pick as a CB, but you don't think he's that good in coverage?... :huh:

No offense, but you need to watch more tape...He does take some unnecessary chances, and no CB is perfect...But he's VERY good in coverage, especially at the top of the route... B-)

I like the Kuechly , Quick picks but have you not heard the talk about Burfict ?? They say he is TERRIBLE on tape , they say he will go undrafted , they say he has a BAD temper problem , I SAY the Bills are so far away from that pick it ain't even funny !!!

They? I watched tape on him and at times he looked like a Ray Lewis type. At Times. Not that big a risk at rd 5 C`mon. Was working out with Nick Barnett. The dude has a nasty streak. I could go on and on.Go to youtube and watch some of his highlights ,then make your decision.

Mike Mayock's take on Burfict non-draftable kid. That's some serious diss.

“I put his tape on with absolutely zero preconceived notions,” Mayock explained in a Thursday conference call with media. “I watched three tapes and
really
didn’t like him as a football player.

“I think he’s a non-draftable kid. For me, he’s a free agent.”

Mike Mayock's take on Burfict non-draftable kid. That's some serious diss.

“I put his tape on with absolutely zero preconceived notions,” Mayock explained in a Thursday conference call with media. “I watched three tapes and
really
didn’t like him as a football player.

“I think he’s a non-draftable kid. For me, he’s a free agent.”

Maycock is god ...to some. Not me. Sorry. I seen tape on alot of first round prospects ,who also have their moments.Just like last year when watching Gabbert Flinch and go down easy with pressure. Now it comes out he`s timid. I called Colston a few yrs back watching the combine. I wanted the Bills to pick him mid rounds.I see hightower this year as a force for someboby. Hill from G.T. looks timid to me. Speed yes,timid maybe. Go watch tape on Burfict against georgia and other teams. he does have a nose for the football . 5th round ...5th round I say he`s worth the gamble.Watch his highlight tape,he makes more than a couple impact hits.

Quick won't be around in the 3rd and I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than draft Burflict.

This, any one but Burpfict. Barnett didn't help as his pro day was even worse than the combine which I don't how was even possible. This kid is a complete train wreck, If his head coach pulled one of his "best" player because of insubordination and selfish on field attitude, no thanks, no way, and hell no.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.