I am The 93.3%

The next time a liberal tries to tell the rich aren't paying their fair share, show them this article, because here is your money shot:

But Tax Foundation data also shows that people who didn't pay any income tax received $105 billion in refundable tax credits from the IRS.

Oh, yeah. That's fair.

Good thing giving away tax payer money doesn't have a negative effect on the economy. <_<

I still remember the wise words of Nancy Pelosi regarding extending unemployment benefits to 99 weeks: "It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name."

I still remember the wise words of Nancy Pelosi regarding extending unemployment benefits to 99 weeks: "It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name."

Well clearly extending unemployment benefits creates jobs, uh, somehow.

Of course, this is from the same oft-elected retard who once said 'elections shouldn't matter'.

I am just glad I am not in the 50K and below group.

A gal that works for my wife is going part-time to spend more time with her 4 kids, and she has a 5th one on the way. Her husband is a youth pastor or something, and his job is unpaid. This gal told me their family got a huge tax return/ credits because of their "situation"... and they get food stamps and are on Medicaid for all the kids.

I simply cannot get over the concept of having 5 kids and no way to pay for them.... however, on the flip side, these people tend to spend every penny the get from the public so in that sense it is funnelled back into the eocnomy, which is good.

That life just sounds awful to me.

A gal that works for my wife is going part-time to spend more time with her 4 kids, and she has a 5th one on the way. Her husband is a youth pastor or something, and his job is unpaid. This gal told me their family got a huge tax return/ credits because of their "situation"... and they get food stamps and are on Medicaid for all the kids.

I simply cannot get over the concept of having 5 kids and no way to pay for them.... however, on the flip side, these people tend to spend every penny the get from the public so in that sense it is funnelled back into the eocnomy, which is good.

The best is the octo-mom with her 15 kids who qualified for welfare because she makes under $119K. STOP PAYING PEOPLE TO HAVE KIDS!

How is any of what you've just described good?

The best is the octo-mom with her 15 kids who qualified for welfare because she makes under $119K. STOP PAYING PEOPLE TO HAVE KIDS!

Natalie Suleman? I can't even look at her picture. 15 kids, just stupid.

How is any of what you've just described good?

None of it is, my statement is that at least the money they receive gets spent... because they are often to dumb to save any....

But no, none of that is good news.

What if they had real jobs and made $250k a year. How much of that would be funnelled back in to the economy?

Edited by Chef Jim

Speaking of taxes, the White House came out with a new website to help you see where your tax dollars go:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/2011-taxreceipt

I love this little bit at the bottom of the official .gov website

You paid your fair share. Now find out how many millionaires paid a lower tax rate than you.The Buffett rule will ensure everyone pays their fair share. Learn More...

So much for separating election year campaigning from the official daily business of governing

You paid your fair share. Now find out how many millionaires paid a lower tax rate than you.The Buffett rule will ensure everyone pays their fair share. Learn More...

So much for separating election year campaigning from the official daily business of governing

WTF is THAT?!?!? That's is exactly what I'm talking about when I say this administration is terrible at leading/managing. Holy crap that's just !@#$ing wrong.

The income estimate button is really classic, too. Only provides options up to "$80k with two children". Apparently the White House doesn't represent anyone with higher income.