A Guy With a New Heart vs. Someone With None

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, is Cheney really pointing the finger at another administration and saying that they are a disaster for the nation. Any member of the Bush administration has no room to talk there.

Yes, Bush increased the deficit an average of 1.4 trillion dollars every year he was in office. You know BFBF, not only is your rhetoric weak, but you represent the worst of the worst when it comes to heart. Or balls. Or courage. Or intelligence.

Okay, I just have to ask 3rd, what kind of response are you expecting from this idiotic thread? Are you wanting everyone to say that we would be in much better shape if Cheney had been president since 2008, than Obama? Cheney didn't run, as far as I recall. Or, did you just find it interesting that Cheney is saying "Obama Bad"... does Cheney espousing his opinion somehow make you feel more confident that you are right that "Obama Bad"? Or, did you just want someone to point out that Cheney is an ass, so you could rip them a new one?

Okay, I just have to ask 3rd, what kind of response are you expecting from this idiotic thread? Are you wanting everyone to say that we would be in much better shape if Cheney had been president since 2008, than Obama? Cheney didn't run, as far as I recall. Or, did you just find it interesting that Cheney is saying "Obama Bad"... does Cheney espousing his opinion somehow make you feel more confident that you are right that "Obama Bad"? Or, did you just want someone to point out that Cheney is an ass, so you could rip them a new one?

We would be much better off with a dead fish as president than Obama. He's spent the last weeks pushing his "Buffet Rule" for the whole purpose of creating/continuing "rift" politics when the whole thing is just bs. 4.7 billion in new taxes is really going to solve our 1.4 trillion deficit problem? What an idiot and consumate divider. And you support him. What does that say about you Buftex?

We would be much better off with a dead fish as president than Obama. He's spent the last weeks pushing his "Buffet Rule" for the whole purpose of creating/continuing "rift" politics when the whole thing is just bs. 4.7 billion in new taxes is really going to solve our 1.4 trillion deficit problem? What an idiot and consumate divider. And you support him. What does that say about you Buftex?

Divide and Campaign

Oh stop with the "what does that say about you" nonsense. What it says about me is that I don't happen to agree with you, all the time. I also don't always disagree either.

Your hatred for Obama is well documented. Near every thread on this board (many which you have started) exists to point out "hey, here is another reaseon to hate Obama, agreed?" Don't agree, you are a moron! So, I was just wondering if you were trying to make some new point, or if this is just more of the same. More of the same as it turns out.

I don't happen to agree with you (or Dick Cheney) that Obama has been a total disaster. If I felt I had a better option, I would support someone else. If Mitt Romney wins, I am not ready to hate him from day one, the way many have treated Obama. As for being the "consumate divider", that is rich. Republicans have been using wedge issues to divide voters for quite some time.

Sure, Obama is playing politics, using the same rules that have been used for the last 40 years or so. I know, previous adminsitrations are untouchable now, unless it is Jimmy Carter. But, to me, the biggest failure of Barrack Obama was wasting two years trying to play nice with people who had no desire to help, or see him succeed.

If his pushing the "Buffet Rule" is so incredibly rediculous, voters who are paying attention will see that, and make that judgement for themselves. That is why they have the general elections.

Edited by Buftex

Oh stop with the "what does that say about you" nonsense. What it says about me is that I don't happen to agree with you, all the time. I also don't always disagree either.

Your hatred for Obama is well documented. Near every thread on this board (many which you have started) exists to point out "hey, here is another reaseon to hate Obama, agreed?" Don't agree, you are a moron! So, I was just wondering if you were trying to make some new point, or if this is just more of the same. More of the same as it turns out.

I don't happen to agree with you (or Dick Cheney) that Obama has been a total disaster. If I felt I had a better option, I would support someone else. If Mitt Romney wins, I am not ready to hate him from day one, the way many have treated Obama. As for being the "consumate divider", that is rich. Republicans have been using wedge issues to divide voters for quite some time.

Sure, Obama is playing politics, using the same rules that have been used for the last 40 years or so. I know, previous adminsitrations are untouchable now, unless it is Jimmy Carter. But, to me, the biggest failure of Barrack Obama was wasting two years trying to play nice with people who had no desire to help, or see him succeed.

If his pushing the "Buffet Rule" is so incredibly rediculous, voters who are paying attention will see that, and make that judgement for themselves. That is why they have the general elections.

Are you kidding me? He's been the most divisive President in memory.

Deficits don't matter..... LOL.... until they do..... then they're bad..... until they're OK again......

Politics is so entertaining. I assume Dick would cite Cheap Monetary Policy, Housing Booms and 2 Wars as Great Policy?

I think we should give the Libertarians a shot this time around, let Ron Paul come in a really do something different. The 2 Party system Gig is getting tiresome.

you don't see this kind of reasonable, level headed posting very often.... but when you do, it is Buftex behind the keyboard apparently.

The world did not end with Bush's second term.... as it did not with Obamas 1st term... and it certainly won't if Romney wins. I have to be honest, my life has changed for the better across sitting presidents, mostly bacuse I think I have made good choices. Much of life is just that, make good choices, take care of yourself, the rest falls in place.

People can point the finger all they want. 9/11 was a disaster for our economy, not to mention a tragedy. If someone could come up with a solution to that disastrous day, which would have allowed our economy to remain prosperous, I hope they run for office. Point the finger at the Bush Administration, point the finger at the Obama Administration.......And that isn't to say that both administrations didn't screw some stuff up- they all do.

Edited by Adam

you don't see this kind of reasonable, level headed posting very often.... but when you do, it is Buftex behind the keyboard apparently.

There are times when Buftex makes sense, but let's be honest: there is not a single person in this world who closely followed the first two years of Obama's presidency and believes he made a genuine effort to play nice with anyone other than the very people who helped get him elected.

From the moment he started with ""I won"" and moved on to his " they gotta sit in back" of the bus comments, there was simply never a time in his first two years that he genuinely planned to do anything other than what he/Pelosi/Reid wanted him to do. Period. Inside people from both sides of the aisle have reported this ad nauseum. Why do you think SO many incumbent/career Democrats have announced they are out for the 2012 election? Because they were forced to go down a brutally partisan road that many didn't want because they knew it would be political suicide.

We learned today that even Barney Frank was urging Obama to drop his ill-fated and brutally embarrassingly plan for a health care law. Story here.

The fairytale that Obama tried to get along with people who fought him his first two years is widely proven to be a false narrative that only the thirstiest of Kool-Aid drinkers believe.

I will add that former VP Cheney is becoming somewhat of an interesting person to me, since reading a bit about him in Donald Rumsfeld's book (which has been pretty good so far.) I still stick with what I said above, that since 9/11, I see the government as a group using pails to bail water out of an inflatable raft that is sinking into the ocean, as far as the economy goes. Neither side is willing to go through the painful measures to fix things (Didn't one of the candidates say something along those lines?)

There are times when Buftex makes sense, but let's be honest: there is not a single person in this world who closely followed the first two years of Obama's presidency and believes he made a genuine effort to play nice with anyone other than the very people who helped get him elected.

From the moment he started with ""I won"" and moved on to his " they gotta sit in back" of the bus comments, there was simply never a time in his first two years that he genuinely planned to do anything other than what he/Pelosi/Reid wanted him to do. Period. Inside people from both sides of the aisle have reported this ad nauseum. Why do you think SO many incumbent/career Democrats have announced they are out for the 2012 election? Because they were forced to go down a brutally partisan road that many didn't want because they knew it would be political suicide.

We learned today that even Barney Frank was urging Obama to drop his ill-fated and brutally embarrassingly plan for a health care law. Story here.

The fairytale that Obama tried to get along with people who fought him his first two years is widely proven to be a false narrative that only the thirstiest of Kool-Aid drinkers believe.

See that's where you're wrong - on the left we think he bent over backwards for republicans, Wall Street, war hawks, and so on- if we on the left had our way we'd been out of both wars, Had most of the Bush administration indicted for war crimes, thousands of bankers arrested and facing charges, legalized hemp, the end of warrantless searches wiretaps etc, a financial transaction tax, the Buffet rule, single payer healthcare, and much more - I know it must make your head explode to think there are a substantial number of people more (left, Liberal, Progressive) than Obama but it's true.

Edited by ....lybob

See that's where you're wrong - on the left we think he bent over backwards for republicans, Wall Street, war hawks, and so on- if we on the left had our way we'd been out of both wars, Had most of the Bush administration indicted for war crimes, thousands of bankers arrested and facing charges, legalized hemp, the end of warrantless searches wiretaps etc, a financial transaction tax, the Buffet rule, single payer healthcare, and much more - I know it must make your head explode to think there are a substantial number of people more (left, Liberal, Progressive) than Obama but it's true.

Go live in Europe

Or Canada.

Heck, I'd settled for being able to purchase health insurance if I did not have an employer sponsored plan, which the ACA achieves for my needs. I don't think Single Payor is the answer for this country, but I did very much like the idea of Public Option or non-profit cooperatives to be Third Party Administrators in our health insurance market to complete with the UHC, Cignas and BC/BS of the world... I like the idea of more dollars being used to benefit patients and care.... Single Payor, in the end I think chokes off advancements in the healthcare we enjoy today.

Finance is 25% of our economy now, and will continue to grow bigger- I expect both political parties to continue to let that industry heavily influence political and public policy- whether than hastens the troubles in this country remains to be seen.... TBTF will still come in and line-up the next time they concoct some scheme that brings the Finncial Markets to a hault, and the USG will be more than glad to offer up the Tax Dough...

Edited by B-Large

But you see, in your little laundry list, are mostly things that Mr. Obama did not even attempt, (But the left wished for) thats certainly not bending over backwards.

Those large government programs that he and the dem majority wanted, there was little to no GOP input sought. That is well documented.

Fug any politcian who is afraid to stand behind something they think is right, because it is "political suicide". It wasn't all that long ago that universal healthcare coverage was a Republican priority.

And you may be right, Obama wanted to do the things that he, Pelosi and Reid wanted to do, because that is what he was elected to do. From my view, he backed off too easily, too many times, on important issues.

And how can you forget Mitch McConnels "Our only goal is to make Barrack Obama a one term president"? You can't say **** like that, and then be surprised when people give you some blame for it. To me, that was as loathsome and unpatriotic as anything I have ever heard any politician, particularly one of McConnel's stature, say. I know you are all about lefty fairytales, Kool-Aid drinkers, and "narratives"...but you spin (or believe) quite a few of your own.

Edited by Buftex