A Guy With a New Heart vs. Someone With None

See that's where you're wrong - on the left we think he bent over backwards for republicans, Wall Street, war hawks, and so on- if we on the left had our way we'd been out of both wars, Had most of the Bush administration indicted for war crimes, thousands of bankers arrested and facing charges, legalized hemp, the end of warrantless searches wiretaps etc, a financial transaction tax, the Buffet rule, single payer healthcare, and much more - I know it must make your head explode to think there are a substantial number of people more (left, Liberal, Progressive) than Obama but it's true.

Believe it or not, I know precisely what you are saying. Progressives try to sound normal when they suggest that are disappointed in the president, until they start explaining it's not because of what he's done, but because he didn't do enough: i.e. stimulus too small, health care without single payer, etc.

I absolutely get that position.

But what progressives like you and Buftex manage to frequently forget is that Barack Obama had two full years in office with Democrats holding control of both the House and Senate. He was welcome to try to do whatever he wanted with those first two years. The reason he couldn't or didn't was not because of Republicans. It was because the way the Democrats got in that position was by winning some GOP seats with Blue Dog Democrats who kept Obama/Pelosi/Reid from going batschitt crazy with money, power and laws.

So please...if you're going to blame anyone for keeping Obama from doing what you wanted, and you refuse to blame the leaderless incompetency of Obama, then you must -- at the very least -- blame the Blue Dogs, not the GOP.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See that's where you're wrong - on the left we think he bent over backwards for republicans, Wall Street, war hawks, and so on- if we on the left had our way we'd been out of both wars, Had most of the Bush administration indicted for war crimes, thousands of bankers arrested and facing charges, legalized hemp, the end of warrantless searches wiretaps etc, a financial transaction tax, the Buffet rule, single payer healthcare, and much more - I know it must make your head explode to think there are a substantial number of people more (left, Liberal, Progressive) than Obama but it's true.

C'mon Man. He didn't do any of that **** to appease Republicans. Most of that stuff he left alone because he either couldn't pull it off, doesn't really care about it, or didn't want to make political waves. He refers to Republicans as "our enemies". Say what you will about Bush, I certainly didn't care for the bulk of his agenda, but Bush rose above the fray to lead as the President even when pop-culture decided shitting on him was the cool thing to do. Obama is part of the fray. Bush never disparaged Democrats as his enemies, or got into these petty pissing matches, or talked about whose ass he was going to kick.

When America was ready to turn on anyone with a year round tan and a beard Bush took charge and spoke out to calm the crowd. When the black community was being stirred into a frenzy over the Travon Martin bull **** Obama stoked the fire. There's really no comparison here.

Believe it or not, I know precisely what you are saying. Progressives try to sound normal when they suggest that are disappointed in the president, until they start explaining it's not because of what he's done, but because he didn't do enough: i.e. stimulus too small, health care without single payer, etc.

But what progressives like you and Buftex manage to frequently forget is that Barack Obama had two full years in office with Democrats holding control of both the House and Senate. He was welcome to try to do whatever he wanted with those first two years. The reason he couldn't or didn't was not because of Republicans. It was because the way the Democrats got in that position was by winning some GOP seats with Blue Dog Democrats who kept Obama/Pelosi/Reid from going batschitt crazy with money, power and laws.

So please...if you're going to blame anyone for keeping Obama from doing what you wanted, and you refuse to blame the leaderless incompetency of Obama, then you must -- at the very least -- blame the Blue Dogs, not the GOP.

It's not a bad thing, either. No president can enact sweeping change- that takes a lot of time. The hope and change was campaign rhetoric and anyone who believed otherwise is even more naive than I am at my worst.

It's not a bad thing, either. No president can enact sweeping change- that takes a lot of time. The hope and change was campaign rhetoric and anyone who believed otherwise is even more naive than I am at my worst.

What do you think Obamacare was supposed to be?

we really do blame Obama- really I'm not making this up- there are a lot of progressives who are really disappointed and pissed at Obama just not for the same reasons you guys on the right are.

we really do blame Obama- really I'm not making this up- there are a lot of progressives who are really disappointed and pissed at Obama just not for the same reasons you guys on the right are.

Which just shows how !@#$ing far left some of you "progressives" are. And if you think being so far to the left is a good thing I want you to just sit and ponder your feelings about how much you dislike people on the far right and their ideas and why. Don't speak, don't type.....just think about it for awhile. And let us know what you come back with.

Which just shows how !@#$ing far left some of you "progressives" are. And if you think being so far to the left is a good thing I want you to just sit and ponder your feelings about how much you dislike people on the far right and their ideas and why. Don't speak, don't type.....just think about it for awhile. And let us know what you come back with.

Ain't it beautiful how our system allows all the wingnuts to come up with all their ideas, but will always keep those ideas from coming to fruition.

Oh stop with the "what does that say about you" nonsense. What it says about me is that I don't happen to agree with you, all the time. I also don't always disagree either.

Your hatred for Obama is well documented. Near every thread on this board (many which you have started) exists to point out "hey, here is another reaseon to hate Obama, agreed?" Don't agree, you are a moron! So, I was just wondering if you were trying to make some new point, or if this is just more of the same. More of the same as it turns out.

I don't happen to agree with you (or Dick Cheney) that Obama has been a total disaster. If I felt I had a better option, I would support someone else. If Mitt Romney wins, I am not ready to hate him from day one, the way many have treated Obama. As for being the "consumate divider", that is rich. Republicans have been using wedge issues to divide voters for quite some time.

Sure, Obama is playing politics, using the same rules that have been used for the last 40 years or so. I know, previous adminsitrations are untouchable now, unless it is Jimmy Carter. But, to me, the biggest failure of Barrack Obama was wasting two years trying to play nice with people who had no desire to help, or see him succeed.

If his pushing the "Buffet Rule" is so incredibly rediculous, voters who are paying attention will see that, and make that judgement for themselves. That is why they have the general elections.

Reading this might have caused his head to explode.

Are you kidding me? He's been the most divisive President in memory.

Yep, if this was the only answer you could come up with for that I guess your head really did explode.

Fug any politcian who is afraid to stand behind something they think is right, because it is "political suicide". It wasn't all that long ago that universal healthcare coverage was a Republican priority.

And you may be right, Obama wanted to do the things that he, Pelosi and Reid wanted to do, because that is what he was elected to do. From my view, he backed off too easily, too many times, on important issues.

And how can you forget Mitch McConnels "Our only goal is to make Barrack Obama a one term president"? You can't say **** like that, and then be surprised when people give you some blame for it. To me, that was as loathsome and unpatriotic as anything I have ever heard any politician, particularly one of McConnel's stature, say. I know you are all about lefty fairytales, Kool-Aid drinkers, and "narratives"...but you spin (or believe) quite a few of your own.

Buf, your posts are too level headed for this board. :lol:

Reading this might have caused his head to explode.

Yep, if this was the only answer you could come up with for that I guess your head really did explode.

Buf, your posts are too level headed for this board. :lol:

Sure Fatty, as if Buftex could say anything that would cause my head to explode. Some of us have other things to do sometimes and want to respond but only respond briefly because that is all the time we have. My brief response though pointed out that he was full of BFBF. Not an enviable situation. Since coming over to this board you seem to suck up to different posters only to see them desert you. I rarely agree with Buftex and give him schit often, but I can say that he at least attempts to make a salient point and doesn't run away and hide when he gets his ass handed to him here. I await you Conner-like response.

Sure Fatty, as if Buftex could say anything that would cause my head to explode. Some of us have other things to do sometimes and want to respond but only respond briefly because that is all the time we have. My brief response though pointed out that he was full of BFBF. Not an enviable situation. Since coming over to this board you seem to suck up to different posters only to see them desert you. I rarely agree with Buftex and give him schit often, but I can say that he at least attempts to make a salient point and doesn't run away and hide when he gets his ass handed to him here. I await you Conner-like response.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

My biggest dissappointment with Barak Obama is his reluctance and all but abandonment of the Healthcare Law. You signed it, you championed it, you thought it to be so good so crucial you pushed it through.... own it and convince the American people why it is benefit to all of us.... invite members of Congress to join in to pare our what is not working, reinforce what is....

Like he said the HC Summit, lets do this an let voters decide in 2012.

You'll never get thirdrates head to explode, vacuums don't explode they implode

lyrbob, I'm still waiting for you to pontificate upon your expertise in the real estate and mortgage industries. How long has it been? 1 year? 2 years? After shooting your mouth off and being absolutely wrong you were challenged as to your knowledge in those fields. You have consistantly refused to engage but find the time to make snide comments as per above. You run and hide when challenged. Tell me something, is it easier to walk with nothing between your legs?

My biggest dissappointment with Barak Obama is his reluctance and all but abandonment of the Healthcare Law. You signed it, you championed it, you thought it to be so good so crucial you pushed it through.... own it and convince the American people why it is benefit to all of us.... invite members of Congress to join in to pare our what is not working, reinforce what is....

You know that's a good point. There should have been tons of press conferences on how it will work and how we all will benefit from it Town hall meetings, dog and pony shows, etc. Unless of course it's not as great as they all said......nahhhh.

You know that's a good point. There should have been tons of press conferences on how it will work and how we all will benefit from it Town hall meetings, dog and pony shows, etc. Unless of course it's not as great as they all said......nahhhh.

Contrary to widespread belief, there are mostly good things in the law that really help Americans. Perfect, No. 2500 hundred pages too long, yes. Does it need fine tuning, sure. But to pretend it doesn't exist isn't what I expected.

If you are always looking at polling data to determine what you will and will not focus on, we're in trouble. This is precisely the reason the reforms to government program never get done.... SS and Medicare are hot buttons because old people vote... nobody ever said the right thing was going to be popular... ususally the status quo takes that award.

Edited by B-Large

In realworld terms, imagine you worked at a private company and spent two years creating something you insisted everyone will want, and blew through all of your capital to get it done, and a year after it's done, almost 60% of your target audience not only doesn't like it, but would like to see it discontinued? Now imagine the company wants to know why this happened, and your response is "I guess we just need to market it better."

Think you're keeping your job?

Alternately, assume I'm wrong. Assume it really is the message. Then what you're asking for above is, in essence, for Obama to be a leader. And that's like asking Al Sharpton to speak out against black-on-black crimes: ain't never gonna happen. Obama wouldn't know the first thing about leading this legislation to national approval because he has the leadership skills of a toothpick.

Yeah, Barry's not talking about Obamacare because it's an albatross. The 2 year anniversary came and went with just Crazy Nancy paying it any lip service. And hell, when Barney Frank says that pursuing Obamacare was a mistake...

In realworld terms, imagine you worked at a private company and spent two years creating something you insisted everyone will want, and blew through all of your capital to get it done, and a year after it's done, almost 60% of your target audience not only doesn't like it, but would like to see it discontinued? Now imagine the company wants to know why this happened, and your response is "I guess we just need to market it better."

Think you're keeping your job?

Alternately, assume I'm wrong. Assume it really is the message. Then what you're asking for above is, in essence, for Obama to be a leader. And that's like asking Al Sharpton to speak out against black-on-black crimes: ain't never gonna happen. Obama wouldn't know the first thing about leading this legislation to national approval because he has the leadership skills of a toothpick.

Private Sector Rules are often not Congruent with Public Policy Making Rules, but I get the spirit of the anology.

Leadership, yes- you signed it, the buck stops with you, own it and prove why it is better than nothing, and how it makes American lives better. To pretend it doesn't exist is insincere.... I would rather see BHO go down in flames fighting for his convictions rather than play politics.