(LAMP) MOTORCITY

CosmicBills

After what seems like an eternity, the show I've been working on for the past year is premiering at the end of the month. I know TSW isn't exactly the demographic that Disney XD is chasing but I thought I'd pass along the word in case anyone's interested in checking it out.

MOTORCITY is a half hour animated action/adventure show geared towards children in the 8-15 year old range. Though, in reality, any fan of animated awesomeness will be able to enjoy this show. The show is kind of a combination of Demolition Man and Robin Hood.

Here's a link to the trailer:

http://disney.go.com/xd/motorcity/videos/?video=0_9s95tti3

There's also a free iPad/iPhone app called MOTORCITY DRIVE which is actually a lot of fun.

I should note the cast includes the talents of:

Reid Scott, Kate Micucci, Nate Torrance, Kel Mitchel, Jess Harnell, Mark Hamill, Jim Breuer and the great Brian Doyle Murray.

Edited by tgreg99

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's a Fast And Furious cartoon? And I didn't see any secret Two Bills Drive mention in the video.

When my episodes start airing, there will be a few TSW references. I haven't seen the final cuts of 3 of my episodes yet, but so far most of the little shout outs have survived the process. The most notable ones are going to be found in the character names I used. :ph34r:

When my episodes start airing, there will be a few TSW references. I haven't seen the final cuts of 3 of my episodes yet, but so far most of the little shout outs have survived the process. The most notable ones are going to be found in the character names I used. :ph34r:

So you squish a bug in it? Cool.

set up the keyword / autorecord as more than two weeks out. Have a son in your targeted demographic, so we will watch. Just a question OT, do you all get credit in the atings if shows are DVRed?

Awesome! I'll update this thread when we get a bit closer to the actual date as well. As for the ratings, DVR ratings are now calculated in the ratings, they just come out in a separate set a little bit later in the week. So DVRs definitely count! :thumbsup:

My son saw a commercial for the app and he wants me to download it so he can play it. It shows a green race car, if I recall correctly.

Congratulations!

That's the one!

And in fact, I just found out the premier episode is now available on iTunes for free a week before it airs on XD. Anyone interested in checking it out just search for "Battle for Motorcity" under TV Shows and it should pop up. Again, both the episode and the iPad game are free.

Though it's Disney, so I'm not sure how long that will last.

If you have a talking hamster named Sammy he better not be a nice guy.

I hope its not on the same time as my little pony!

:o Oh god, we'd get trampled.

If you have a talking hamster named Sammy he better not be a nice guy.

I will say that the name Sammy made it into one of my episodes though his name got chopped to Sam the last I heard ... alas, he was not a hamster (or a gerbil) but rather an 11 year old kid who gets captured by a villainously psychotic robot hell bent on wiping out a group of LARPers.

Kinda like Googlebot.

:o Oh god, we'd get trampled.

I will say that the name Sammy made it into one of my episodes though his name got chopped to Sam the last I heard ... alas, he was not a hamster (or a gerbil) but rather an 11 year old kid who gets captured by a villainously psychotic robot hell bent on wiping out a group of LARPers.

Kinda like Googlebot.

Any chance the plot is foiled by Sam using the orbital bone of his heroic deceased stepson Khalid's skull to disable the robot?