Will the Bills Draft a OB? I say: NO, but maybe?

CSBill

I think Gruden's assessment of Fitz is right on Buffalo News Article

But it raises a bigger question/issue: The BIlls have brought in two QBs, and a 3rd is on the way. I, however, don't see them drafting one at all. There are probably a few of these second tier (that is, non top 10 guys) they would love to get, but I don't see any of them being worthy of our 2nd pick, and not sure they are more important than other needs in the 3rd round. So, in the end, if none of these guys fall to the 4th, then I don't see them drafting one at all.

What do you all think? Yes or No, and if "yes," who, and in what round?

I say none in the early rounds, and then maybe a flier on a late round guy.

Edited by CSBill

It will be a shock if the Bills don't select a QB in the 3rd round or later. They've got no "developmental" guy on the roster currently. Fitz -- unless he completely schitts the bed -- is going to be the guy for the next 2-3 years, so a prospect like Wilson, Osweiler, Cousins, etc., is a must.

The Bills need to take a QB this year. The thought of Tyler Thingpen as the back-up should scare all Bills fans. He should not be in the league. If Cousins lasts til the 3rd round maybe him or if Wilson is there in the 4th or 5th round, maybe him.

I do not want to draft a QB in rounds 1 or 2.

maybe a late rounder that is raw with a bunch of talent, but i definately can't see an early pick. but...if someone falls to them that they have a high grade on, you never know.

I think you got it. It's all about how things fall on draft day. If there is someone they've graded high, and he falls past where they've got him graded they may jump.

Otherwise they will pick up a late rounder or an UFDA or two to bring into camp, and if they like him they'll keep him.

If not, no harm no foul - despite what some think, the diff between a 7th round LB or OL and an UDFA LB or OL is not that steep so the harm is really minimal.

Typical fluff I've grown to expect from Gruden.

What happened to him. He used to have balls when he was a coach. Now he either ball washes or uses a lot of words to state the obvious.

Was getting neutered part of his MNF contract?

I agree with some here who think the Bills should try and get a project QB, but not early in the draft.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Just MHO on the QB situation:

1) I would rather have Levi Brown at backup than Thigpen

2) I wouldnt mind picking up Cousins or Oswieler ( please forgive my spelling- hard to type on such a tiny keypad) in the 3rd or later rounds.

3) I feel that our LBs & secondary will be much improved due to the change back to the 4-3 and the improvement to the front 4. 3b) I would not be surprised if we still draft another DT or DE for depth in the event that K. Williams can not return to his previous level.

4) Size, size size!!!! This should even apply to QBs. No QBs under 6-2.

While I would love to trade this years first round pick for an additional 1st round pick next year so that we would have the ammo to get a franchise QB next year - it is doubtful so therefore I see us taking the best player available with our first pick and then address our needs of LT & OLB with the next couple of picks.